ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Ecutek to open source (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/892219-ecutek-to-open-source.html)

Lagamorph 09 June 2011 07:23 PM

Ecutek to open source

I have a problem where the previous owner had my car remapped and I have no idea if it was an ecutek remap or open source as TSL where he had it done doesnt know!? So how do I find out? I have a few parts en route :luxhello: which will need a remap so what do I do, who do I take it to or is it an easier option to just take it to someone for an open source as its cheaper?

Its an 02 sti type uk.

Thanks in advance for your help :thumb:

dynamix 09 June 2011 08:42 PM

It would have been done on ecutek byPaul.

Lagamorph 09 June 2011 08:54 PM

Would I still be okay taking it to you duncan or do you not do ecutek, if you do great stuff, would that mean it would work out cheaper or does it make no difference? And in that case would it matter if I changed to open source or would I be losing any features like launch etc....?

dynamix 09 June 2011 11:26 PM

I have no idea what the ecutek guys would charge you for a full remap but I would be able to overwrite or tweak what you havealready which may work out better financially for you. Launch control is no problem for me to add in.

Midlife...... 09 June 2011 11:33 PM

Lagamorph

Just a quick question........Your UK bug has Launch Control with EcuTeK ?

Shaun

Lagamorph 10 June 2011 06:50 AM

No sorry Midlife I worded that wrong what I meant was could I have launch control with open source like you can on the ecutek. :thumb:

Ok last questions honest :D Meth is it a pain in the arse to keep trying to mix it in your tank when filling up from partial tanks of fuel are there any reasons not to use it or is it relatively safe?
Will the Ecutek data monitor work with open source as a friend has offered me one?

Duncan, I will be fitting the turbo and injectors sometime in july, what sort of notice do you require for booking a remap and would it work out cheaper if I talked my mate into doing it the same time? :lol1:

dynamix 10 June 2011 07:24 AM

Partial fill up with methanol is more of a pain in the bum but you could speak to some of the guys that run it full time to see what they do. I would carry a 5 litre petrol can with it in and always put the same amount of fuel in to keep the mixture consisten say 5 litres of meth with 20 litres of vpower on top to keep a 20% mix in there and fill up just before it gets to 1/4 full but they may have a different strategy :)

The ecutek data monitor is a rebadged PSI3 data monitor so will work with OS remap.

Generally speaking I need a couple of weeks notice unless you are looking for weekends in which case these get booked up a long way in advance. There are always some last minute slots I keep available if you are relatively flexible :thumb:

Lagamorph 10 June 2011 07:54 AM

Cool thanks :thumb: Ill wait till my mods arrive and then book once ive given them the once over. So excited I could wee myself :D

dynamix 10 June 2011 08:12 AM

pmsl indeed :)