ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-31/)
-   -   Isn't it time that ScoobyNet (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-31/891700-isnt-it-time-that-scoobynet.html)

Will 05 June 2011 09:32 PM

Isn't it time that ScoobyNet

Dropped the swear filter for god's sake :rolleyes:

We're all adults here so what's the problem?? IB owns PF and they have no swear filter!! SO why a different rule for SN??

People who are offended by internet swear words needs to get a fooking grip in my opinion and piss off!!!

Evolution Stu 08 June 2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 10076129)
Dropped the swear filter for god's sake :rolleyes:

We're all adults here so what's the problem?? IB owns PF and they have no swear filter!! SO why a different rule for SN??

People who are offended by internet swear words needs to get a fooking grip in my opinion and piss off!!!

I did disable them for a while when I first became admin here and there were so many complaints that I just turned it back on. The members get used to how things run and dont like change, and with something like a swear filter there is certainly better case for leaving it enabled, than there is for disabling it.

Swearing as you did in your opening topic here certainly strengthens the case for leaving it turned on.

dudester 08 June 2011 10:10 AM

Ill give you you one example.....
my son likes to read the forums,a real car nut..
Oh and he's 10
so to say were all adults here is wrong

PaulC72 08 June 2011 06:12 PM

But the swear filter is only as good as the words it has in it to filter, there are far too many words used to bypass the filter making it pointless IMO.

Key example is big willies opening post, now even a 10 year old will know what it means....

mickywrx 08 June 2011 07:43 PM

I actually agree with the mad Taff. ;)

Swearing in context is fine, swearing for the sake of it might be a different fcuking matter. ;)

sovietspybob 10 June 2011 11:40 AM

I don't like censorship generally, but i can see the case for it on a forum like this.

Especially one classed as an owners club which gives you discount on insurance/parts as you want to continue to appear professional and helpful.

PaulC72 10 June 2011 07:23 PM

but if the bypassing words are not removed or the users repremanded then the whole system becomes a mockery.

53 10 June 2011 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 10081000)
I actually agree with the mad Taff. ;)

Swearing in context is fine, swearing for the sake of it might be a different fcuking matter. ;)

I hope you have been infracted for this bypassing of the swear filter ?

TinyTim 10 June 2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by dudester (Post 10079984)
Ill give you you one example.....
my son likes to read the forums,a real car nut..
Oh and he's 10
so to say were all adults here is wrong

Cool. What Subaru does he drive?

53 10 June 2011 07:46 PM

^ And does he enjoy the Adult Room ? :rolleyes:

You can post pictures of your wifes bits on snet, you just can't say what they are :)

Kieran_Burns 10 June 2011 09:05 PM

It's really quite simple - the word being bandied around is banned - simply typing plurals or variations of the same word are obviously going to be banned as well.

If you find that the variations AREN'T being blocked - PM a member of the Web team - trying to protest innocence because you were 'just pointing it out' is ridiculous as you well know.

53 10 June 2011 09:08 PM

Whatever Kieran, the privilege is yours, no hard feelings, but you're wrong :D :thumb:

1000rwhp 10 June 2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 53WRX (Post 10084399)
Whatever Kieran, the privilege is yours, no hard feelings, but you're wrong :D :thumb:

Kieran Is being a administrator like Being a Prefect at school , i was a prefect when i was in yr 6. :Suspiciou

Ali.

WIll Appeal Account 10 June 2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 10084394)
It's really quite simple - the word being bandied around is banned - simply typing plurals or variations of the same word are obviously going to be banned as well.

Ban them then, put them in the swear filter. They should have been there from the start.
:rolleyes:

If you find that the variations AREN'T being blocked - PM a member of the Web team - trying to protest innocence because you were 'just pointing it out' is ridiculous as you well know.

So, the variations which I used should have been in the swear filter then!! And you still ban me :rolleyes:

WIll Appeal Account 10 June 2011 09:31 PM

You closed the other thread!! Where is the appeals forum then?? As I thought it was in that forum!!!

1000rwhp 10 June 2011 09:32 PM

Foooooooooooooooooooooook, :D