ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sun Cream - It just Doesn't Agree with my Face (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/891494-sun-cream-it-just-doesnt-agree-with-my-face.html)

GlesgaKiss 04 June 2011 06:03 PM

Sun Cream - It just Doesn't Agree with my Face

Does anyone else suffer this allergy?

It was quite warm yesterday and, remembering that half my face turns into a scab whenever I use it, I decided to go ahead anyway and put sun cream on.

The last time I used it was a few years ago and I thought that it may have been just the one brand. Nevertheless I've been wary (scared) since then, so it was with some trepidation that I rubbed it into the old boat race.

Sure enough, today my face is in the process of turning into a cross between the elephant man and a bag of sand.

Anyway, my question is this: is it just perhaps the one kind of sun cream (perfumed, for example) and are there other options? I don't fancy going on too many more holidays without it to be honest. It's a strange thing because I can put it anywhere else on my body without any problems, even my tadger, which you'd think would be quite sensitive.

TinyTim 04 June 2011 06:07 PM

You can get suncream for sensitive skin, otherwise, just use kids sun lotion, it's the same thing.

Jamie 04 June 2011 06:10 PM

Use spray nivea it is good

Lee247 04 June 2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss (Post 10074000)

It was quite warm yesterday and, remembering that half my face turns into a scab whenever I use it, I decided to go ahead anyway and put sun cream on.

The last time I used it was a few years ago and I thought that it may have been just the one brand. Nevertheless I've been wary (scared) since then, so it was with some trepidation that I rubbed it into the old boat race.

Sure enough, today my face is in the process of turning into a cross between the elephant man and a bag of sand.

Anyway, my question is this: is it just perhaps the one kind of sun cream (perfumed, for example) and are there other options? I don't fancy going on too many more holidays without it to be honest. It's a strange thing because I can put it anywhere else on my body without any problems, even my tadger, which you'd think would be quite sensitive.

I am really sorry, but :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1: Your descrition of your face is about the funniest thing I have read on here in a long time.

Anyway, Clinique do a fantastic sun cream especially for your face. Excellent for super sensitive skin. Bit pricey but well worth it :)

CREWJ 04 June 2011 06:23 PM

You should go to your doctor and get an allergy test. You can then find a sun cream that won't affect you.

bigsinky 04 June 2011 06:28 PM

get some gheyer to dribble his baby batter over your face. alledgedly SPF100. job done.

tony de wonderful 04 June 2011 06:34 PM

There's different types.

I don't like the clear greasy stuff, the white zinc based stuff is best IMHO.

hutton_d 04 June 2011 06:58 PM

Wear a hat - no cream needed. People get too poncy about sun cream.

Dave

hodgy0_2 04 June 2011 07:02 PM

US product called no No Add is very good

as the name suggest no additives, perfume etc

non greasy too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_4j8kkfynfv_b

read the reviews

Lisawrx 04 June 2011 07:48 PM

This is supposed to be quite good.

http://www.pizbuin.com/us/our-produc...he-sun/allergy

DYK 04 June 2011 07:55 PM

just spread Natural yogurt on your face..:D

Jamie 04 June 2011 08:14 PM

His wife might not be happy with that

Will 04 June 2011 08:16 PM

Sun cream are for queers!! Go out into the sun like a man!!!!!!!

:D

bioforger 04 June 2011 08:21 PM

What would u know about sun anyway Will, your welsh

Will 04 June 2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 10074227)
What would u know about sun anyway Will, your welsh

A lot, nout better than banging your ma in the beer garden on a hot day :smug:

Jamie 04 June 2011 08:38 PM

Will has turned Irish

scousefly 04 June 2011 09:11 PM

Hmmmm

Im more worried by the fact he mentioned putting it on his nadger :idea:
Wats that all about:norty::norty::norty:

chocolate_o_brian 04 June 2011 10:00 PM

This thread reminds me of the time I got sunstroke at Elvington LOL.

DYK 04 June 2011 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 10074237)
A lot, nout better than banging your ma in the beer garden on a hot day :smug:

what's a ma or did you mean baaa baaa

Lee247 05 June 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10074431)
This thread reminds me of the time I got sunstroke at Elvington LOL.

Do I recall the funny pics :lol1::lol1:

Lisawrx 05 June 2011 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 10074699)
Do I recall the funny pics :lol1::lol1:

I think I do too. :lol1:

Saying that, I shouldn't laugh too much. It was only a couple of years ago that I ended up in quite a bad state after a trip there. :o (yes, I was as red as that smilie)

euan_r 05 June 2011 02:33 AM

i got prescibed stuff called uvistat spf 30, for lupus. takes a bit or rubbing in but hasnt caused any ill effects. would love some of the folks that call looking after yourself to make comments like they have made on this thread to come see me and then offer their opinions, ive no office job.

i also use e45 daily as ignoring 15+ years with large cracks in hands was just being youthfull and stupid, not to mention painfull.

ScoobySteve69 05 June 2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 10074217)

I tried that on Friday, only for an hour. I now look like a lobster :cry:

Leslie 05 June 2011 11:49 AM

You would not think like that if you had skin cancer though.

Les

Leslie 05 June 2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss (Post 10074000)

I reckon the advice about asking your doctor is good. He might even be able to give you that answer straightaway. Better than putting up with all that.

Les :)

Jamie 05 June 2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 10074847)
I tried that on Friday, only for an hour. I now look like a lobster :cry:

Hehe

The Zohan 05 June 2011 04:20 PM

Sun cream for us queers!! and i love da c0ck!!!!!!!

efa:)

GlesgaKiss 05 June 2011 07:53 PM

Cheers for the replies. Got some sensitive stuff designed for babies, suits me and it should do the trick.

Leslie 06 June 2011 12:13 PM

Very good.

Les :)

ScoobySteve69 06 June 2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10075403)
Hehe

:cry: