ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wanted (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/)
-   -   Wanted Sky box for hire or reward (https://www.scoobynet.com/wanted-18/891149-wanted-sky-box-for-hire-or-reward.html)

KJD Mk1 01 June 2011 10:45 PM

Wanted Sky box for hire or reward

As title, I'm after a Sky box for my caravan, dont have to be anything fancy as long as it works.

Posted here for local collection/ meet etc as these dont post well with Royal snail :lol1:

Cash waiting as they say :thumb:

PM or email to kevinjdavies@btinternet.com

Cheers :D

Cannon Fodder 01 June 2011 11:05 PM

Kev, as it happens I'll have a standard Sky box available soon as I'm getting rid of my multi room box in the kitchen but it won't be for a couple of weeks yet. :)

DYL 4N 01 June 2011 11:26 PM

I have a sky+ box if you want it??

KJD Mk1 01 June 2011 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10069901)
Kev, as it happens I'll have a standard Sky box available soon as I'm getting rid of my multi room box in the kitchen but it won't be for a couple of weeks yet. :)

Thanks Tyron,
If I dont pick one up but the time your ready I'll have it.

Originally Posted by DYL 4N (Post 10069939)
I have a sky+ box if you want it??

Great, will you be at the meet next week or can you get it to someone who is if possible?

STI Glenn 02 June 2011 12:09 PM

I have got a few of them you can have choice is yours

KJD Mk1 02 June 2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by S204 Glenn (Post 10070436)
I have got a few of them you can have choice is yours

Cheers Glenn, I'll give to a ring later .:thumb:

KJD Mk1 02 June 2011 09:05 PM

I've had enough offers to start a sky box shop so thanks everyone I'm sorted :thumb:

THE DOCTOR 05 June 2011 06:19 PM

if you've never had one in your caravan before, do yourself a favour and get a sat finder...worth it's weight in gold, and to help along (you'll be surprised how many satelites there are out there ) have your dish just off 90 degrees tilting slightly forward, and you'll find the sky satelitte at about 125 degree's..

Good luck, its fiddly to set up but worth the wait:thumb:

to fine tune I put the reciever on signal test and move slightly to get the quality up..

goodyegg 05 June 2011 07:26 PM

I work for sky as engineer so if u need anything or advice just pm me ...

Rob Day 05 June 2011 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by goodyegg (Post 10075768)
I work for sky as engineer so if u need anything or advice just pm me ...

Sorry to Hijack this thread for a moment, but how do I go about getting multiroom without going through SKY to do it for me. Basically they have fooked me about more than you can believe, thus I would be interested to know if its possible ;)

Thanks
Rob

goodyegg 05 June 2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Day (Post 10075786)
Sorry to Hijack this thread for a moment, but how do I go about getting multiroom without going through SKY to do it for me. Basically they have fooked me about more than you can believe, thus I would be interested to know if its possible ;)

Thanks
Rob

Um the cables can be run for a multi room no problems, but the issue is boxes are provided obviously by sky so thats the only thing I can't do . Thing is you would need to call sky out for the box anyway as they issue the cards as well..the only other option is to run the cable to a standard set top box as a free view box ...

Rob Day 05 June 2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by goodyegg (Post 10075820)
Um the cables can be run for a multi room no problems, but the issue is boxes are provided obviously by sky so thats the only thing I can't do . Thing is you would need to call sky out for the box anyway as they issue the cards as well..the only other option is to run the cable to a standard set top box as a free view box ...

Ok cheers mate, think i'll stick with free view then, or ring the arses sometime later this year when our extention is complete :thumb: Thanks again

Rob

goodyegg 05 June 2011 08:18 PM

No probs mate anything u need just pm me ...

KJD Mk1 05 June 2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Alsieboy (Post 10075636)
if you've never had one in your caravan before, do yourself a favour and get a sat finder...worth it's weight in gold, and to help along (you'll be surprised how many satelites there are out there ) have your dish just off 90 degrees tilting slightly forward, and you'll find the sky satelitte at about 125 degree's..

Good luck, its fiddly to set up but worth the wait:thumb:

to fine tune I put the reciever on signal test and move slightly to get the quality up..

Thanks for the info, I did set it up using a compass and found it straight away but any hints tips are useful .