ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Z-List wannbes in the media (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/890942-z-list-wannbes-in-the-media.html)

bigsinky 31 May 2011 03:26 PM

Z-List wannbes in the media

Breeding and class are qualities a person is born with, one does not attain them along with 'celebrity' pay cheques.....The simple truth is; in our 'celebrity', money and fame obsessed society, such people as are always in the news in various states of undress and frequently lewd behaviour, are people, 30 years ago, who would have caught a bus to work in a factory or office, and not been looked at twice...It is a sad, but true fact that our modern society rewards the rude, the aggressive, the overtly and publicly sexual 'plastic people', and raises them to cult status, and, all done to increase the vast wealths of media-moguls who control the whole sleazy scene.

Not my quote but i thought it was interesting. Discuss

Hanley 31 May 2011 03:36 PM

Very true....but I'd certainly bone a few of them

:D :D :D

Jamz3k 31 May 2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10067241)
Very true....but I'd certainly bone a few of them

:D :D :D

X2 even the chubby ones!

Jimbob 31 May 2011 03:47 PM

Very True.

I find the Orange people annoying and pathetic.

Nothing better than a fit intelligent bird, its just a shame that the plastic people get precedent.

Hanley 31 May 2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10067252)
X2 even the chubby ones!

And then take out a super injunction so no-one knows you've 'done' a plumper!!

:D :D

Saxo Boy 31 May 2011 04:04 PM

This annoys me too. The public have made the likes of Jedward millionaires and yet, they are talentless. I personally do not think you can even say they are entertaining (thus worthy of their coin).

Then there is Jade Goody. Her untimely demise notwithstanding - she was completely talentless and we turned her into a millionaire as well....for doing precisely NOTHING!

astraboy 31 May 2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 10067278)

Then there is Jade Goody. Her untimely demise notwithstanding - she was completely talentless and we turned her into a millionaire as well....for doing precisely NOTHING!

Are you saying that her talents lay in catching cancer? :D ;)
Astraboy.

Saxo Boy 31 May 2011 08:50 PM

Lol no, but I take your point that it sort of reads that way. I guess I was just trying to make the point that she was a fat talentless sow that the nation turned into a millionaire for no good reason.

Unfortunately, the circumstances of her death at a young age meant I felt it necessary to at least mention something in my post before someone jumped all over it saying how "nice she was". Sad as it was, catching cancer and dying does not transform you from said sow into anything else.

There, I said it :D

astraboy 31 May 2011 09:00 PM

well if you wont, I will.....
http://verydemotivational.files.word...-celebrity.jpg
*runs away*
astraboy.

Saxo Boy 31 May 2011 10:25 PM

**snigger**

Jamz3k 31 May 2011 10:35 PM

The whole Jade Goody thing was a complete farse. Before everyone knew she had cancer she acted like a **** and everything thought she was a ****, once everyone knew she had cancer and was going to pop her clogs, she was the countries favourite single loving caring mum and being compared to Princess Diana ffs.

Shows what a pack of wankers we are to be honest.

I always thought she was a fat slag and nothing really could change my opinion.

tony de wonderful 31 May 2011 10:39 PM

The modern cult of celebrity is decadent and absurd.

I guess it makes people feels like they belong or something is a world which alienates?

cookstar 01 June 2011 06:54 AM

Didn't know you could "catch" cancer..

Saxo Boy 01 June 2011 07:40 AM

Lol, I just read back to see who the moron was that wrote that. It was me :eek:

....fingers faster than brain.

urban 01 June 2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10067267)
And then take out a super injunction so no-one knows you've 'done' a plumper!!

:D :D

Plumpers seem like a good idea at the time (obviously due to alcohol)
However, its that awful feeling you get the next morning when you look at the pillow and her face it still imprinted on it with makeup.

Lee247 01 June 2011 09:09 AM

This annoys me too. The public have made the likes of Jedward millionaires and yet, they are talentless. I personally do not think you can even say they are entertaining (thus worthy of their coin).

:thumb::thumb:

Hanley 01 June 2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10068395)
Plumpers seem like a good idea at the time (obviously due to alcohol)
However, its that awful feeling you get the next morning when you look at the pillow and her face it still imprinted on it with makeup.

We've all been there!! :lol1:

urban 01 June 2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10068411)
We've all been there!! :lol1:

Yes, and perhaps its been on more than one occasion :(