ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Who would you reasonably like to see your club buy this summer (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/890051-who-would-you-reasonably-like-to-see-your-club-buy-this-summer.html)

Funkii Munkii 25 May 2011 01:06 PM

Who would you reasonably like to see your club buy this summer

Hopefully we have De Gea (Keeper) but I'd also like to see Ashley Young as I have a feeling Nani could bugger off and we need a long term replacement for Giggs and obviously I'd love to see Wesley Sneijder come in for Scholes. I'd also like to see Berba given a new contract.

FlightMan 25 May 2011 01:09 PM

No names, but we need a centre back, a left back, a creative midfielder and a winger. For starters.

dpn 25 May 2011 01:37 PM

Gareth Bale, RVPersie or Kun Aguero and one of Sneijder or Fabregas. Also A better sub goalkeeper if Given does one!

Funkii as a blue, I don't tend to agree with what you reds say cos its usually rubbish :norty: Completely agree with Berba though. He gets way to much stick from United fans (i use the word fans loosely as most don't have a clue what they are talking about or even know there club like they should, people who know about football as I am thinking you seem to after seeing you write some decent points on here, know how good he is). I remember watching us v Spurs in the Cup a few years back at our place and what he showed on that day was the best forward performance I have ever seen with my own eyes. He was awesome. He didn't score but set others up, held the ball up fantastically and his skill in tight situations was the best i've seen. I don't think he gave the ball away once. I work with a proper red who's dad played for United (No names i'm afraid), so he knows football, and he also rates Berba. We have some great banter and we both live in Manchester and go to every game so have mutual respect for each other. The way it should be. :luxhello:

TinyTim 25 May 2011 01:41 PM

James Bond. He scores all the time.

alcazar 25 May 2011 01:58 PM

Paul Hayes, from PNE.

Funkii Munkii 25 May 2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by dpn (Post 10057306)
Funkii as a blue, I don't tend to agree with what you reds say cos its usually rubbish :norty: Completely agree with Berba though. He gets way to much stick from United fans (i use the word fans loosely as most don't have a clue what they are talking about or even know there club like they should, people who know about football as I am thinking you seem to after seeing you write some decent points on here, know how good he is). I remember watching us v Spurs in the Cup a few years back at our place and what he showed on that day was the best forward performance I have ever seen with my own eyes. He was awesome. He didn't score but set others up, held the ball up fantastically and his skill in tight situations was the best i've seen. I don't think he gave the ball away once. I work with a proper red who's dad played for United (No names i'm afraid), so he knows football, and he also rates Berba. We have some great banter and we both live in Manchester and go to every game so have mutual respect for each other. The way it should be. :luxhello:

Dpn you usually talk utter ****e ;) but I'm starting to warm to you :lol1:

We need a token ciddy fan in here deluded or otherwise because they will be chasing the big boys for the top honours next season, especially as Chelsea are on the wane.

You must be like a dog with two cocks after winning the FA Cup :thumb:

dpn 25 May 2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 10057534)
Dpn you usually talk utter ****e ;) but I'm starting to warm to you :lol1:

We need a token ciddy fan in here deluded or otherwise because they will be chasing the big boys for the top honours next season, especially as Chelsea are on the wane.

You must be like a dog with two cocks after winning the FA Cup :thumb:

:lol:
Yeah happy with the cup, was a good day out. The league next year with 2-3 world class players and a couple of fringes for the ones on the way out. Good run in the CL and I'll be happy. Never mind Chelsea what about the Gooners they're fooked if they don't invest heavy this summer. I can see Liverpool right up there if they back Kenny with a bit of cash.

Funkii Munkii 25 May 2011 05:07 PM

No need to worry about the Gooners their aspirations only stretch as far as February :D

pauld37 25 May 2011 07:08 PM

:Whatever_ Chelsea on the wane? :Whatever_ :hjtwofing :D

Aguero, because we need someone to partner Drogba up front :lol1: :freak3:

Gareth Bale would be nice, and maybe Neymar, but don't want to be greedy ;)

CREWJ 25 May 2011 07:48 PM

Bale can fit into any squad in the prem right now.

Funkii Munkii 25 May 2011 08:54 PM

True, I'll add him to my list ;)

I knew I'd Suck you into this thread Paul :thumb:

CREWJ 25 May 2011 09:08 PM

To be honest, I'd love Ramsey to come to United. He's such a prospect for he future.

STi wanna Subaru 25 May 2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 10057244)
Hopefully we have De Gea (Keeper) but I'd also like to see Ashley Young as I have a feeling Nani could bugger off and we need a long term replacement for Giggs and obviously I'd love to see Wesley Sneijder come in for Scholes. I'd also like to see Berba given a new contract.

I'm not a fan of Young but agree United could do with somebody who is comfortable on the left. Bale impresses and will improve but he sure picks up injuries. I'd love Sneijder to come but for a free I'd be happy if Fergie also took a punt on Pirlo. I feel United also need an experienced quality RB. The twins will have plenty of chance to develop but it still a position United have no clear first choice unlike on the left.

CREWJ 25 May 2011 09:27 PM

I'd pick Rafael every time at RB. He just needs to learn how not to get sent off.

CREWJ 25 May 2011 09:32 PM

Rooney was like that once remember, he turned out alright.

Milamber 26 May 2011 12:21 AM

I'd be over the moon if Freddie Eastwood returned :lol1:

Stevesbluewrx 02 June 2011 05:31 AM

Would love to see any of the following join my club (Bournemouth) to be honest for next to nothing.

x2 Strikers
x3 Midfield (x2 center mids)
x2 Defenders
x1 Keeper.

Not much then.

Steve

CREWJ 02 June 2011 08:39 AM

Cardiff

Umm, well we let go of around 12 players so we need a lot......

yellowvanman 02 June 2011 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 10058342)
I'd be over the moon if Freddie Eastwood returned :lol1:

Lol. But he won't have anywhere to live as they are closing the Pikey place down.

Milamber 02 June 2011 10:15 PM

Well until they build the new one (never going to happen) he can park his caravan in the car park