ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Child seat for Subaru isofix (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/890011-child-seat-for-subaru-isofix.html)

Littleted 24 May 2011 10:54 PM

Child seat for Subaru isofix

My bubba humps getting a bit big for the car seat, typical baby type she's now 3 so I'm gonna take it out and buy a nice looking grown up seat I've been looking at iso fix only so I don't have to mess about with the belts

Anybody got any good seats that they can recommend I'm running the new sti saloon so of course I checked out the recaro seats to fall in line wi my fronts but I also looked at that Jane momo one but it's expensive

Anybody recommend any, she will be in it till about 7 or above so I'd like to even use it for booster as she grows up

Thanks

Ted

GezP 24 May 2011 11:12 PM

IMHO you're going about this wrong mate. Look at the safety spec of the seat not what goes well with the scoob. Britax are the best. My wife did loads (and I mean loads and loads) of research as she's paranoid about any thing for our little girl. Maxi Cosi are a close second.

The seat we got was about £150-£180ish and changes as she gets bigger, head rest goes up, extra padding come out and changes into a booster seat when she's big enough.

Get the best for your little girl, she's worth it mate

GezP 24 May 2011 11:17 PM

another tip: go to your local mothercare and ask for the manager or seat expert as they're are trained on them, they gave us loads of useful tips. Not mammas and pappas - they're for wags wanting to look good

one that tip that stood out for me; you want a seat with polystyrene and not plastic with padding. it acts the same way as a crash helmet, you want the seat to absorb the impact, plastic justs transfers the shock.

Its a bit of a mind bender but its important

reef67 24 May 2011 11:19 PM

Got Recaro Youngsports for my two (2 and 4 years old) in my classic wagon...got all the removable padding and plenty of adjustment and if i remember correctly should do them till they're around 11!

stevep360 25 May 2011 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by reef67 (Post 10056714)
Got Recaro Youngsports for my two (2 and 4 years old) in my classic wagon...got all the removable padding and plenty of adjustment and if i remember correctly should do them till they're around 11!

we have this seat for my little girl too and it is very very good.:thumb:

Littleted 25 May 2011 07:24 AM

Thanks guys agree on safety I have britax at the mo and won't be casting safety aside

I'll take a trip today and have a look

martin850 25 May 2011 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by reef67 (Post 10056714)

That's the one I am looking at getting for my son when he is a bit older, glad to hear they are good.

Littleted 25 May 2011 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by GezP (Post 10056694)
IMHO you're going about this wrong mate. Look at the safety spec of the seat not what goes well with the scoob. Britax are the best. My wife did loads (and I mean loads and loads) of research as she's paranoid about any thing for our little girl. Maxi Cosi are a close second.

The seat we got was about £150-£180ish and changes as she gets bigger, head rest goes up, extra padding come out and changes into a booster seat when she's big enough.

Get the best for your little girl, she's worth it mate

U know which model Gez she got

I'll shortlisted britax and recaro anyway I've sacked off the momo from Jane as it's hard plastic edges

I see britax Olivia or did u get one on a base

mohawk 25 May 2011 08:43 AM

Does isofix not have a weight limit?, think it may be 40lbs which is about 2stone 12. Was told this a couple of years ago so things may have changed now but worth checking.

Littleted 25 May 2011 09:40 AM

Suitable from
•Approx 3-12 years (15-36kg)

thats the recaro ISOfix, i did some googling, and that equates to 5 n half stone ish

The rules must have changed, But i have emailed a company asking also

Thanks for that Mo i wouldnt have thought of it

salsa-king 25 May 2011 08:32 PM

what seats go well in the HATCH then?

we've the Britax seat/carrier thingie at the mo..... well ... for when the baby discides to show up/come out... now 40 weeks and 4days over due.

would like a racaro :norty: if it's upto me in the future.

reef67 25 May 2011 08:47 PM

The Recaro Youngsport is secured via the 3 point seatbelts in the back, they are very solid and very secure...they can be had with alcantara type seat covers, which look smart and are machine washable for the inevitable 'incidents'!
If you shop around they can be had for about £130.

p.s good luck with the new arrival!

Littleted 25 May 2011 09:04 PM

yeah salsa im gonna get Recaro Monza ISOFIX or Britax one. I currently have 2 britax that use the seatbelt. but shes kicking the back of the new leather recaros so its time to move her up a stage

GezP 26 May 2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Littleted (Post 10056879)
U know which model Gez she got

I'll shortlisted britax and recaro anyway I've sacked off the momo from Jane as it's hard plastic edges

I see britax Olivia or did u get one on a base

I think these are the seat's we've got, I paid full price for these too :cry:

We've got the isofix in the scoob and seat belt fitment in the wife's car. Looking at these, I thought we'd got seats that turned into boosters - still says 11years though

http://www.mothercare.com/Britax-Evo..._rd_s=bottom-1

http://www.mothercare.com/Britax-Evo...elated-tab-3-5

STi_Si 27 May 2011 06:28 PM

Check out Kiddy, they have some of the best safety ratings out there, never mind what looks good, goes with the car, or is a good price.... SAFETY FIRST!!