ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PRODRIVE TODAY (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/88977-prodrive-today.html)

ARRON BIRD 19 April 2002 11:02 PM

A big thenkyou to Prodrive and Subaru today for a very entertaing day.
Is the new STI any good.............well for a plastic fantastic Subaru it aint bad but the new performance pack is a must.
Must teach Mike Wood how to hold a power slide without spinning out someday;)
Mike nuff respec:D
Best driver of the day or best instructor of the day I should say go`s to Lars Sextrum or whatever his second name was.
The car is everything the P1 wishes it was but with less pound signs:D
Would I buy one............yes but I need my quality and sound system too much.
Also a big thanks to Rum for sorting out a day to remember as it was him who got my name on the list in the first place.
Still preferreed the drive back in my old mates Skyline tho down the old 428 thro Kimbolton you know from Higham Ferrars to St.Neots.
I have to say that it is still for me the ultimate driving machine and I cannot fault it in any way.
Thanks to W9 GTR;)

[Edited by ARRON BIRD - 4/19/2002 11:04:38 PM]

Huxley 19 April 2002 11:26 PM

Hello Arron Bird his name is Lars Sexton he's a 2nd cousin sort of thing and x Uk champ go karter and formula Renault scholar etc etc.

Also soap box derby champ from Goodwood last year in the Prodrive soap box that is sat in the foyer of Prodrive test track unit

Huxley

ARRON BIRD 20 April 2002 09:11 AM

I wish my instructor had allowed me to go as quick but he kept telling me to slow down.
Steve had Lars as his instructor and as long as he could see you could drive he encouraged him to go as fast as he liked.
He also made Steve`s driving a lot smoother and much faster.

Dave T-S 20 April 2002 09:19 AM

Arron - just go and bloody buy one - you know you want to......:D

russell hayward 20 April 2002 09:24 AM

LOL

Jza 20 April 2002 11:25 AM

Aaron,

"I wish my instructor had allowed me to go as quick but he kept telling me to slow down.
Steve had Lars as his instructor and as long as he could see you could drive he encouraged him to go as fast as he liked."

I think you've been driving in the pufty Beemer for too long mate - sounds like your instructor thought you were crap :D :D :D :D

Nice Mille by the way!!!

Jza

ARRON BIRD 20 April 2002 02:21 PM

Jza ..................perhaps he felt intimidated;)
No he was also very good just much more concervative in his driving style compared to mine. Mine was more like Mike`s and Lars`s but they were allowed to play.
PS if any of you are considering buying one of these cars you MUST buy the performance pack. That car is simply stunning:)
And no Dave I wont be buying one:D
330i saloon specced to the max is on its way:D

nevr 21 April 2002 01:25 AM

Not me then all my guests were allowed to go for it although we had an agreed speed limit. were you in the am or pm sessions.
Lars raced F3 last year

Chip 21 April 2002 10:45 AM

Whats the format of these prodrive days. Be nice to know as Im going on one soon.

Chip.

ARRON BIRD 21 April 2002 06:52 PM

PM.
He let us go for it but no where near as fast as I would have liked.