ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WR1? Spec C? Type R V5 V limited? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/889231-wr1-spec-c-type-r-v5-v-limited.html)

Peter Pan 19 May 2011 04:11 PM

WR1? Spec C? Type R V5 V limited?

Hi to all, after selling my Type RA around 4 years ago and owning various other hot hatches and and Evo I'm finding myself hankering after another Scooby :luvlove:
The thing is I can't seem to make up my mind what to go for?? I want something that will hold it's value hence the choices in the title and it will only be used at weekends so looking for some advice from people who may have owned or driven all the above cars to help with my choice :confused:

My old mans has got a really nice low mileage bug eye Spec C which I'm considering he imported around 5 years ago and never been put on the road it has the bigger wheel and Brembo brake option but unfortunatly no DCCD which I would of liked, if I did buy this can you still get the WRC front bumper and headlights for the bug eye??

Thanks in advance.

stevie1982 19 May 2011 06:38 PM

Firstly, what do you intend to use the car for as all three are very different from each other.

As for holding its money, personally i don't think the WR1 will hold its money as other than the paint work and the seats personally I don't think it is any different nor better than the same year sti unless you want a limited editon. The type r may or may not devalue much more then it already has but I think the spec c will always sell for better money due to it being a spec c, that would be my choice if re sale is a main factor.

Anyhow as said what do you want to use it for

KAS35RSTI 19 May 2011 06:40 PM

Get the Spec C!!!!

daz1968 19 May 2011 07:14 PM

Spec but later twinscroll car or my05 if you can stretch to it

Peter Pan 19 May 2011 07:51 PM

As I said,weekend toy really, some B road fun and going out with the Mrs for the day if that makes sence??

andythejock01wrx 19 May 2011 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by daz1968 (Post 10047821)
Spec but later twinscroll car or my05 if you can stretch to it

So did Spec Cs not have twin scrolls pre 2005?

DIPSY 19 May 2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 10047935)
So did Spec Cs not have twin scrolls pre 2005?

03 onwards blobeye Jdm's came with twin scroll turbo's .

stevie1982 19 May 2011 09:42 PM

Spec c would get my vote based on a weekend play two etc and the chance of a possible higher re sale value. Plus the bugeye jdm block is or can be regarded as the strongest factory supplied block and has been said to be able to run 450+ on standard internals, plus the spec c has all the little extras to the suspension plus water spray tank in the boot etc etc

Spec c for me

juggers 19 May 2011 09:54 PM

Try and get an 03 spec c blobeye if you have the budget better car and better resale value.

Peter Pan 19 May 2011 10:26 PM

Thanks for the replys gents, tbh I think the blob eye is a better looking car but I saw a pic of a white bug eye with a WRC front bumper and headlights and it looked the dogs danglies so can you still get those parts nowadays???

huzzy1 20 May 2011 07:05 AM

WR1 for me, it's like Marmite. Some love it and some hate it. Get yourself over to www.wr1oc.co.uk and have a look at some pictures and have a read up. I'll be selling mine soon as the RB320 is growing on me..........