ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Where to get lowering spring for 05 sti ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/889226-where-to-get-lowering-spring-for-05-sti.html)

maci 19 May 2011 03:34 PM

Where to get lowering spring for 05 sti ?

Hi,

Been trying to get this, and it seems neither Prodrive nor Eibach makes them any more....

Anybody know where I could get this ?

Google searching turned up that in the US they still sell it, but I have no idea if the US version of 05 STI is the same as the Euro....

I'd appreciate if anybody could shed a light.

STi Lou 19 May 2011 06:06 PM

Got some white line ones if interested? only used for approx 15k. Drop is 30 mm if l remember correctly. Maybe others can advise.

maci 19 May 2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by STi Lou (Post 10047704)
Got some white line ones if interested? only used for approx 15k. Drop is 30 mm if l remember correctly. Maybe others can advise.

Thx, I'll think about it. Didn't know whiteline sold lowering springs. How are those in comparison to eibach/prodrive ?

stevep360 19 May 2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by maci (Post 10047491)
Hi,

Been trying to get this, and it seems neither Prodrive nor Eibach makes them any more....

Anybody know where I could get this ?

Google searching turned up that in the US they still sell it, but I have no idea if the US version of 05 STI is the same as the Euro....

I'd appreciate if anybody could shed a light.

speak to the lads at revolution247.com, just had eibachs put on mine.

richgreenscooby1 19 May 2011 10:46 PM

I think if you do to a subaru dealer like ours , i spotted they are clearing all the old prodrive stock off , im sure i saw some on the system the other day , will check for ya tomoz ..

maci 20 May 2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by stevep360 (Post 10048143)
speak to the lads at revolution247.com, just had eibachs put on mine.

Thx, I'll check it out!

maci 20 May 2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1 (Post 10048233)
I think if you do to a subaru dealer like ours , i spotted they are clearing all the old prodrive stock off , im sure i saw some on the system the other day , will check for ya tomoz ..

Many thx.

I found a place where they import some Prodrive springs from the US, but the price is very steep with all the shipment and import duties...

vash 20 May 2011 10:48 AM

Hi

I would go a little bit further and get coilovers fitted.

I had the eibachs fitted on my MY03 UK STI and they were fine ( if not a little bouncy ) but I had BC Coilovers fitted to my MY05 STI and the difference is massive.. Well worth the extra expense!

There is probably a group buy on them running still.

maci 20 May 2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by vash (Post 10048639)
Hi

I would go a little bit further and get coilovers fitted.

I had the eibachs fitted on my MY03 UK STI and they were fine ( if not a little bouncy ) but I had BC Coilovers fitted to my MY05 STI and the difference is massive.. Well worth the extra expense!

There is probably a group buy on them running still.

Hi,

What do you mean by bouncy ? was it worse than before ?
I can't spend more for now to go to coilovers... maybe next year or so, so just lower it for now, or put money aside for the coilovers hehe

richgreenscooby1 21 May 2011 06:05 PM

The springs are deffo available from dealers , they are part of the new pro-parts range , i checked yesterday