ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   just got pulled! no insurance!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/889090-just-got-pulled-no-insurance.html)

scoobystue 18 May 2011 02:08 PM

just got pulled! no insurance!!!!!

i havent been stopped by the police for more than 15 years until today!!!
apparently my car showed up as uninsured:eek: now my policy runs out next week so its still insured but showed up on the pnc as not being insured:confused:

now im not sure wether or not that was there genuine reason for stopping me or not as i reckon its because i didnt stop straight away as the cop on the bike wanted me to pull over there and then,on the entrance to a busy roundabout:cuckoo: so i carried on heading for somewhere safe when he pulled alongside me asking me to follow him:lol1:

got taken to a car park(sixfields stadium for those in northampton)where it was crawling with police,vosa and flatbeds for those criminals:p

the car next to me were going nuts as she was late for work,the wife was going nuts as we were on our way shopping at next(lucky escape for me:thumb:)and i was more concered about my frozen chips defrosting:D

so after ten minutes of vosa checks and phone calls we were sent on our merry way fully insured of course:p

big thanks to the police for keeping an eye out for my car and a great big f*ck off to budget insurance just for being w4nkers:hjtwofing:lol1:

RS_Matt 18 May 2011 02:11 PM

Lol, if they confiscated your car would you have called "a cab?"

jura11 18 May 2011 02:25 PM

Similar happen to my friend,same like you Police must call Insurance company and Insurance company must confirm he is fully insured.

But you can also have look on this website askMID http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Jura

CREWJ 18 May 2011 02:40 PM

Oh well, just seemed like a routine check. No harm no foul.

ditchmyster 18 May 2011 02:47 PM

what did they do with regards vehicle check ie emissions?

scoobystue 18 May 2011 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10045679)
what did they do with regards vehicle check ie emissions?

just the lights:cuckoo: still at least i got out of shopping at next:thumb:

tubbytommy 18 May 2011 03:15 PM

i know its inconvinient but i totally agree with the police stopping uninsured drivers and confiscating there cars.
i spend a lot of money on my car running insuring it etc,
so why should others get away without paying insurance or tax.
big pain in the ass but at least it was sorted quickly.
i got pulled in northampton town centre a while ago by two police who looked about 17 claiming i was seen on cctv driving erratically.
then after checking my car and looking all around it let me go with a warning for driving erraticaly but couldnt explain what i was doing or where.

ice643 18 May 2011 03:38 PM

so you couldnt getaway from shopping then.:lol1:

scotty_b 18 May 2011 03:57 PM

Scoobystue do you drive a silver estate (or have one parked up) and in Duston near some certain shops and school (dont want to give away addresses just incase!! :)). If so I live just round the corner drive an 05 WRBlue STi always have a look at your motor when I drive past.

Oh and unlucky on the tug but as others said prefer it this way and you turn out to be insured than any other outcome!

sprigeteer 18 May 2011 04:24 PM

Inconvenient but as already said saving all us honest drivers cash in the long run - it's the uninsured drivers that drive up prices, along with the 'I've hurt my neck' brigade. Just had my insurance renewed - not much of an increase this time around (Sky Insurance).

scoobystue 18 May 2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by scotty_b (Post 10045779)
Scoobystue do you drive a silver estate (or have one parked up) and in Duston near some certain shops and school (dont want to give away addresses just incase!! :)). If so I live just round the corner drive an 05 WRBlue STi always have a look at your motor when I drive past.

Oh and unlucky on the tug but as others said prefer it this way and you turn out to be insured than any other outcome!

thats my old one mate that im going to be breaking,its my wifes grandads house and her mum lives nearby too,ive seen your car parked up:thumb: ive now got a wrblue wagon with scoobystue stickers(i know there chavvy but i like em:lol1:)

yeah im not bothered about the pull im more concerned with my current insurer removing me from their database:mad: i wont be reinsuring with them again:razz:

scoobystue 18 May 2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ice643 (Post 10045747)
so you couldnt getaway from shopping then.:lol1:

yeah i did but only till tomorow:lol1:

alcazar 18 May 2011 06:23 PM

Iwonder if they ever run one of these in Bradistan?

nick172sport 18 May 2011 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10046034)
Iwonder if they ever run one of these in Bradistan?

i deliver there everyday off the week not seen one ever:(:D