ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   is there no honest people on ebay. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/889022-is-there-no-honest-people-on-ebay.html)

ukimpreza 17 May 2011 09:13 PM

is there no honest people on ebay.

well few weeks back bought a r plate uk 2000 with no engine in, so sourced a engine off ebay that was removed for smoking and having low compression , ideal the price was right so bought it, few weeks later get round to stripping it to order parts bearings etc to give it a full refresh and low and behold it had spun all its shells big time so now need crank and rods.

acstua 17 May 2011 09:23 PM

tell me about it :/
i go outta my way to do good sales on fleabay and get some right arses on there

one was a media streamer i sold, he told me his brother had one and the one id sold him was obviously broken and locking up etc

when i told him i had the serial number and mac of the box id sent him and i could talk to the manufactor support about it he suddenly went quiet...

hadnt occured to me at first but he was obviously tryin to get a working box and send back his duff box to someone :/

steve nic 17 May 2011 09:59 PM

i sold a used mobile phone on fleabay and after reciving positive feedback from the buyer they now want there money back because it got a speaker problem over a month later!!

jura11 17 May 2011 10:47 PM

eBay and honest people,maybe few..

Jura

ukimpreza 17 May 2011 11:01 PM

just gets me why they lie to get a sale, are people really that hard up they have to con honest people of their hard earned,

jura11 17 May 2011 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by ukimpreza (Post 10044930)
just gets me why they lie to get a sale, are people really that hard up they have to con honest people of their hard earned,

Why people lie,just for beginning who buy car with fcked engine or gearbox,maybe few,but for lot lower price,i brought from one seller Punto GT with fcked turbo,which i don't know at this time(turbo has smoke first day),but my brother want car...

Later i bought BB and after few days BB has been barred....

People will lie and will be lie,why?This i never know..

Jura

sharpy2010 18 May 2011 02:31 AM

eBays motto is "Trust other people".

I don't think so.

ALi-B 18 May 2011 10:16 PM

I'm an honest eBayer:

Recently sold a kitchen, oven, freezer, two sunbeds (don't ask), two Kenwood Chefs, TV, and whatever dreadful aftershave I get given for christmas and brithdays (I'm allergic to most varieties of toilet water...don't worry ladies, I'm OK with deoderant ;):D ).

The only exception is a watch...which has been won in auction five times now...to Nigerians, East Eurpoeans and to a Drunk. :freak3: :mad:

All exactly as decribed and taken away by happy buyers. Buyers of the electrical items didn't even bother to check the items worked when collecting them. They are ALOT more trusting than I am :eek: I wouldn't dare buy anything expensive from there without seeing it working in the flesh upon collection. ;)

gazzawrx 19 May 2011 07:45 AM

i've got a set of early wrx rods that are good for 400bhp if you still need some.