ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Life for Lib-Dem? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/888929-life-for-lib-dem.html)

David Lock 17 May 2011 10:29 AM

Life for Lib-Dem?

I think it was on Newsnight last night when they were chatting about Huhne's alleged transfer of blame for his speeding thing.

There was a lawyer commenting that if guilty this would be perverting the course of justice which, in theory, carries a max of life imprisonment :eek: She did actually say that if found guilty he would almost certainly face a gaol term ..... (but not life, sadly)

I bet that would put a smile on Cameron's face as he must have been a bit hacked off with Huhne and his support for the AV campaign ;)

dl

Leslie 17 May 2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 10043509)
I think it was on Newsnight last night when they were chatting about Huhne's alleged transfer of blame for his speeding thing.

There was a lawyer commenting that if guilty this would be perverting the course of justice which, in theory, carries a max of life imprisonment :eek: She did actually say that if found guilty he would almost certainly face a gaol term ..... (but not life, sadly)

I bet that would put a smile on Cameron's face as he must have been a bit hacked off with Huhne and his support for the AV campaign ;)

dl

Well whether you support AV or not, as a Lib Dem he can't really be blamed for supporting it since they see it as a way of getting more votes. As irritating as he is said to be, he can't be blamed for supporting his party's policies when you think about it.

I would have thought that Clegg would feel the same as you say Cameron does!

Les

David Lock 17 May 2011 10:45 AM

Les, it's not that he was supporting AV but he was accusing Cameron of a dirty tricks campaign and saying some pretty damaging things about Conservatives in general. dl

hutton_d 17 May 2011 10:47 AM

All these politicians look after each other. It's just "bad luck" when they get caught out like us "little people". It will bring a smile to MY face though if he gets sent down!!!! :thumb: :D Which is looking more likely ... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-points.html ...

"... Chris Huhne’s career was hanging by a thread last night after his estranged wife agreed to testify that he asked her to take speeding points for him. A close friend said Vicky Pryce would swear in court that she was busy all day in central London when the offence was committed 40 miles away in Essex. ..."

Looks like there should be proof that the wife was in London on the day of the "alleged" offence ... http://order-order.com/2011/05/16/ex...ssex-that-day/ ...

Oh dearie dearie me. Couldn't have happened to a nicer smug g!t, I mean ... :Suspiciou At least if he gets sent down he probably won't have his missus going off with another man ... :wonder: :D

Dave

mart360 17 May 2011 06:50 PM

Surley the statue of limitation apply here?

The offence was in 2003, ffs...

or are people more p*ssed off that he got someone to take his points, whilst the rest of us couldnt persuade our other half's to do it :D:D

Mart

hutton_d 17 May 2011 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 10044272)
Surley the statue of limitation apply here?
The offence was in 2003, ffs...
or are people more p*ssed off that he got someone to take his points, whilst the rest of us couldnt persuade our other half's to do it :D:D ...

The Statute of limitations doesn't apply in the case of Perverting the Course of Justice. Shame.

As for your second comment, the reason why people are p%55ed off is that he's an arrogant, hypocritical, smug g!t who always tries to lecture us on the sacrifices we must make (he's a millionaire BTW, thought I'd throw that in for Pete :luxhello: ) in the interests of 'saving the planet' and sits in the HoC happily making laws to restrict our freedoms but who's quite happy to ignore/break very serious laws himself, thinking they only apply to us "little people". Oh, and he was banned in 2003, just after this "alleged" offence, for getting 12 points. The last 3 for using a mobile at the wheel.

If the guy had any moral fibre at all he'd have resigned by now, rather than heap more embarrassment onto the electorate who voted for him.

Dave

markjmd 17 May 2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 10044820)
... The last 3 for using a mobile at the wheel.
Dave

I was still leaning towards forgiving the guys his sins up until this point. Phone-driving is an utterly c*cktardish habit, and for that alone he should be confined to several years re-education at her Majesty's pleasure.

Chip 18 May 2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 10044272)

whilst the rest of us couldnt persuade our other half's to do it :D:D

Mart

Some of us wear the trousers around here;)

Chip

Trout 18 May 2011 08:48 AM

It is not so cut and dried as there is no evidence than an offence took place as the DVLA wipe the records and so it is now dependent on his ex-wife finding the paper copy of her license from that period. If she cannot prove the offence took place then there is no case.

I suspect he has already burned the offending document!!!

Leslie 18 May 2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 10043534)
Les, it's not that he was supporting AV but he was accusing Cameron of a dirty tricks campaign and saying some pretty damaging things about Conservatives in general. dl

Yes he was and I suppose he is entitled to criticise a different political party. It comes to nothing of course if he is not telling it as it was especially when he is in extreme need of impressing his own party before he gets the old heave ho!

Les