ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Le Mans 2011 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/888820-le-mans-2011-a.html)

alloy 16 May 2011 02:19 PM

Le Mans 2011

4 weeks to go, anyone else heading over?:D

What crossing you on and where are you staying?

Lee247 16 May 2011 04:30 PM

Other half is going, with our Son. They go every year.
They pitch tent on some campsite nearby. Other than that, I have no idea, except they both come back about 4 days later, knackered :D

F1 CJE UK 16 May 2011 06:16 PM

Yep I am, not long now

zip106 16 May 2011 06:18 PM

Isn't it becoming a bit of a Chav-fest?
Just Brits getting pi$$ed and abusing the locals with no interest in the racing?

I'll be missing it and going for the Classic next year.

Lee247 17 May 2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 10042575)
Isn't it becoming a bit of a Chav-fest?
Just Brits getting pi$$ed and abusing the locals with no interest in the racing?

I'll be missing it and going for the Classic next year.

Not according to my family. They really enjoy it. No Chavs in sight. Maybe they pick a good camping area :thumb:

zip106 17 May 2011 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 10043255)
Not according to my family. They really enjoy it. No Chavs in sight. Maybe they pick a good camping area :thumb:

Oh, I certainly wasn't implying they were ALL chavs Lee!

Just that I've heard so many reports from regular visitors who won't go anymore because of this.

EddScott 17 May 2011 09:29 AM

Wife has clients who go every year - a couple.

They seem to really enjoy and go in a group. Would love to go, maybe next year.

What the costs then? Is fuel cheaper in France than the UK/ I ask because I could take my Jeep and we sleep in the back. It's big enough but its a thirsty beast :)

alloy 17 May 2011 10:25 AM

There are a few Chavs, like anywhere you go. In my experience there are people there from all backgrounds and walks of life and generally a real good atmosphere!

This will be my 6th year going with lads i went to Uni with.

Costs are £160 each for your camp pitch, ferry and race ticket. Fuel is approx the same as here in the UK then you just need money for the tolls and your food/beer and you're good to go!

Leslie 17 May 2011 10:45 AM

Not the sort of race i would enjoy watching-far too long. My dad and I used to watch the Goodwood 9 hours races and that was plenty long enough. There was always the annual Aston Martin v Jaguar contest to watch and the sight of Jaguar's brakes glowing red hot when they were the first to use disk brakes on the track.

I will much prefer the Goodwood Revival races in September. All that variety of cars and bikes as well as those lovely ladies in '50's dresses and with seamed stockings and suspenders to ogle!

Les :D

Lee247 18 May 2011 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 10043314)
Oh, I certainly wasn't implying they were ALL chavs Lee!

Just that I've heard so many reports from regular visitors who won't go anymore because of this.

I know that, you plum. Sorry if you thought I was getting at your comment.
My Son loves it, as does the other half.
They've never had any problems. I guess it just depends on where you manage to get a pitch :thumb: