ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Splitpin???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/888733-splitpin.html)

hpoolsteve 15 May 2011 09:09 PM

Splitpin????

what ever happened to that guy. Is he still about?

Saalro 15 May 2011 09:17 PM

Lol, wasn't he the guy with the temper?

Thanks
Sam

nick172sport 15 May 2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by hpoolsteve (Post 10041217)
what ever happened to that guy. Is he still about?

top guy :thumb:

hpoolsteve 15 May 2011 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Saalro (Post 10041246)
Lol, wasn't he the guy with the temper?

Thanks
Sam

occasionally yeah lol

Saalro 15 May 2011 09:50 PM

Haha

Thanks
Sam

nick172sport 15 May 2011 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by hpoolsteve (Post 10041344)
occasionally yeah lol

he knows is suff though miss him regarding subarus:thumb:

hpoolsteve 15 May 2011 09:52 PM

no denying he knew his stuff

Lagamorph 15 May 2011 10:24 PM

was a bit of a rude **** even if he did know what he was talking about.

musso2010 15 May 2011 10:30 PM

A very knowledgeable guy. He sure knew his stuff.

hpoolsteve 15 May 2011 10:31 PM

He was clever but he also expected you to know the stuff also.

chocolate_o_brian 15 May 2011 10:31 PM

Probably got sick of "what dump valve" to buy threads so pissed off like a lot of the old knowledgeable regulars like 911 and GC8.

Midlife...... 15 May 2011 10:32 PM

I think Splitpin used to be Greasemonkey.......... for those who have been on here for a few years :)

Shaun

hpoolsteve 15 May 2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10041450)
Probably got sick of "what dump valve" to buy threads so pissed off like a lot of the old knowledgeable regulars like 911 and GC8.

That's true there were alot of people asking him the same question over and over

JonMc 15 May 2011 10:36 PM

I thought he was a bit arrogant, but he did have his groupies who used to hang on every word he said :Whatever_

Steve Whitehorn 15 May 2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 10041458)
I think Splitpin used to be Greasemonkey.......... for those who have been on here for a few years :)

Shaun

Interesting therory ....plausable.
Have you evidence :D :)

Midlife...... 15 May 2011 11:05 PM

Apart from hating anybody saying STi 7 onwards as they stopped at 6 ...........nope :D

Shaun

prodriverules 16 May 2011 12:07 AM

Can't knock his knowledge on subaru's and I had a few conversations with the bloke but he was a tosser for how he tried to treat some people on here especially first time poster's with what seem to most of us silly/annoying questions.

Ayde 16 May 2011 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 10041458)

Shaun

I thought that too, will probably never find out unless someone fancies doing some intensive CSI style post comparison between the two:)

Ayde.

Lisawrx 16 May 2011 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 10041602)
Can't knock his knowledge on subaru's and I had a few conversations with the bloke but he was a tosser for how he tried to treat some people on here especially first time poster's with what seem to most of us silly/annoying questions.

I see your point, to a point, but wouldn't you get a bit sick of the same old questions (fairly straightforward ones) being asked over and over when probably no attempt to look has been made?

I know new people come on here and just ask away, and I don't support being sharp particularly, but I think (and it's not totally surprising) he just got to the point of being fed up answering the same things. I think all he hoped for, was that people could make a little effort to do a search for instance, and as he pointed out, if the info was out there (on here) it would probably produce a quicker answer.

Yes he may be blunt, but in fairness, some people are just very straight to the point (unlike me :o), but he did/does know his stuff and was very willing to give up some of his time to try to help people. I for one think it's a bloody shame if he is gone.

Glowplug 16 May 2011 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 10041628)
I see your point, to a point, but wouldn't you get a bit sick of the same old questions (fairly straightforward ones) being asked over and over when probably no attempt to look has been made?

I know new people come on here and just ask away, and I don't support being sharp particularly, but I think (and it's not totally surprising) he just got to the point of being fed up answering the same things. I think all he hoped for, was that people could make a little effort to do a search for instance, and as he pointed out, if the info was out there (on here) it would probably produce a quicker answer.

Yes he may be blunt, but in fairness, some people are just very straight to the point (unlike me :o), but he did/does know his stuff and was very willing to give up some of his time to try to help people. I for one think it's a bloody shame if he is gone.

Couldn't agree more Lisa. :thumb:

Last time i spoke to Splitpin he he was doing some freelance work which i understand turned permanent. He had some concerns re his new employer and activities on here.

hpoolsteve 16 May 2011 07:12 AM

The information that he gave me once witha boost issue was second to none. I think he enjoyed getting stuck into a problem that was not as straight forward as. "shall i get an induction kit". Some of the right ups that he did were very informative and you could learn alot.

He was blunt and some people found that offensive.

JonMc 16 May 2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by hpoolsteve (Post 10041675)
The information that he gave me once witha boost issue was second to none. I think he enjoyed getting stuck into a problem that was not as straight forward as. "shall i get an induction kit". Some of the right ups that he did were very informative and you could learn alot.

He was blunt and some people found that offensive.

But at the end of the day, he chose to answer those questions and they weren't aimed directly at him. Plus since IB have had this site we all know how 5hit the search engines can be:D

bugeyejohn 16 May 2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 10041689)
But at the end of the day, he chose to answer those questions and they weren't aimed directly at him. Plus since IB have had this site we all know how 5hit the search engines can be:D

+1 Never knew the guy but i cant understand people getting shirty with some of the questions asked when at the end of the day you don't have to answer them.

rapid.STI 16 May 2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by nick172sport (Post 10041299)
top guy :thumb:

+1 very helpful guy:thumb:

Lagamorph 16 May 2011 11:30 AM

JonMC you're spot on!! He was arrogant with his knowledge and didn't need to answer the repetitive stuff but chose to anyway and was just down right rude to newer members or those who struggled to work the internet browser let alone fathom the crappy search engine out! Mechanics may have been one of his strong points but people skills was not!

Rob Day 16 May 2011 11:48 AM

He certainly hasnt been active for some time now.....

https://www.scoobynet.com/search.php?searchid=4216554

alcazar 16 May 2011 03:59 PM

Much missed.

Personally I'd rather have someone a bit rude share his knowledge with me, than any number of polite know-nothings.

jura11 16 May 2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10042362)
Much missed.

Personally I'd rather have someone a bit rude share his knowledge with me, than any number of polite know-nothings.

+1

Jura

[-(o)-] 16 May 2011 04:34 PM

SN is a poorer place without him. Victim of his own success IMO, can't blame him for getting a bit hacked off at times.

hpoolsteve 16 May 2011 04:50 PM

Agreed