ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bad Lieutenant (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/888484-bad-lieutenant.html)

AsifScoob 14 May 2011 01:00 AM

Bad Lieutenant

Just saw the Nic Cage version on Sky. I generally don't mind Cage and he does well to act quite mad during this, however, this is nothing like the Keitel shocker of 20 odd years ago.

Lisawrx 14 May 2011 01:02 AM

Was it rubbish, or watchable? (overall)

I wanted to see it, but not if it's crap. I haven't seen the original, so I wouldn't be comparing.

AsifScoob 14 May 2011 01:19 AM

In that case Lisa, watch this one first, you may well enjoy it. Was pleasantly surprised to see Val Kilmer and Brad Dourif in there too, as I like them both.

After that, go and find the original. Unless you spent years as an undercover, narc/vice cop, you will be shocked, even today. Harvey Keitel is awesome in that movie, completely deranged!

Asif

tony de wonderful 14 May 2011 06:10 AM

I thought it was one of the films of the year. It was risky and edgy film making and acting.

Iain250 14 May 2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10038428)
In that case Lisa, watch this one first, you may well enjoy it. Was pleasantly surprised to see Val Kilmer and Brad Dourif in there too, as I like them both.

After that, go and find the original. Unless you spent years as an undercover, narc/vice cop, you will be shocked, even today. Harvey Keitel is awesome in that movie, completely deranged!

Asif

+ 1 on that m8 keitel is simply nuts in this - he doesnt even seem to be acting ( and i wonder if he was just being himself at that time ) which makes him even more worrying

iain

EddScott 14 May 2011 10:19 AM

I avoided this one as Cage isn't fussy when it comes to his film choices - IRS bills and all that :)

Couldn't see it being a patch on the original so didn't bother with it.

AsifScoob 15 May 2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Iain250 (Post 10038585)
+ 1 on that m8 keitel is simply nuts in this - he doesnt even seem to be acting ( and i wonder if he was just being himself at that time ) which makes him even more worrying

iain

LOL! Agree!

AsifScoob 15 May 2011 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10038627)
I avoided this one as Cage isn't fussy when it comes to his film choices - IRS bills and all that :)

Watch it once and see. You're right, it doesn't compare, but Cage surprised me. He does come over as mad!

SpecDscooby 15 May 2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10038627)

+1!

Cage will make 95% sh1t films but he is liked in hollywood, despite being totally wierd so always works....5% good, 95% sh1t...imho.

Kieran_Burns 15 May 2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10041349)
Watch it once and see. You're right, it doesn't compare, but Cage surprised me. He does come over as mad!

What was that film he did when he thought he was a vampire?

Got it: Vampires Kiss http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098577/

That was really freaky. He played a complete loon way too well!

SpecDscooby 15 May 2011 10:31 PM

^^^^ As i said the guy is WIERD!...total Elvis freak...even married Elvis' daughter who looks just like....you guessed it...Elvis....cage is mental, oh and he is bald wears a wig in films has done for years, also never does an interview....rarely at least.

billyray911 15 May 2011 10:55 PM

Wild at heart is also well worth checking out.Directed by David Lynch and with some great cameos.Good soundtrack too!
A definite highlight in Cages career.

Brun 16 May 2011 09:26 AM

I quite like his films. Gone in 60, The Rock and Con Air the highlights for me. I'm easily pleased though :D

EddScott 16 May 2011 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 10041778)
I quite like his films. Gone in 60, The Rock and Con Air the highlights for me. I'm easily pleased though :D

All good although the original 60 is sooo much better.

Cage is also Francis Ford Coppolas nephew but changed his name so it wouldn't look like he's riding the name - although I'm sure it helps.

I suspect he just likes making films and isn't too fussed if they are good or not - he still gets paid.

ScoobyDriverWannabe 16 May 2011 11:28 AM

I lost interest around the iguana scene.