ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   ££££s difference between selling and stripping ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/888045-s-difference-between-selling-and-stripping.html)

fantasticmrfox 10 May 2011 08:07 PM

££££s difference between selling and stripping ?

Evening, ok so I'm thinking about parting company with the scoob, it's a 99 T plate T2000 usual mods . 102k on the clock . Wondering how much I could get for it private or iv got the space to strip it. How much am I likely to get in parts for it all ?

Cheers guys.

musso2010 10 May 2011 08:24 PM

What parts has it got on it?

leecalcars 10 May 2011 08:35 PM

All depends mate on specific after market parts,i too have a T2000 but have spent a small fortune on after market parts i would get more for selling seperatly but all depends if you have the time to strip and post caan take up alot of your time wrapping and arranging couriers and the like.

If you where to sell a standered car then dont expect much more than 2-2.5k ,you may find that you have a load of stuff that wont budge so your left with it in storage taking up vital room in shed/garage so taking into account the biggest items such as engine £300-400,gearbox £200,shell £400 and all the little bits dont really add up to much.

Personally i would try to sell complete,take a small loss but will be more in the long run if you get what i mean.

Good luck whatever you do mate shame because more and more are being broken for parts wont be many classics left soon.

fantasticmrfox 10 May 2011 08:36 PM

Big 3 inch straight through decat pipe, vf30 turbo, ultralight bronze alloys, crystal lights, walbro fuel pump, kn filter, Turbo timer, towbar , tax till end of June, mot till January, needs to be mapped, just had a new tyre, having a wheel bearing fitted and four wheel alignment done, it's in 792 silver.

scoobygaz1 10 May 2011 08:36 PM

Only worth it if you`ve got lots of mods on the car tbh

fantasticmrfox 10 May 2011 08:39 PM

Yeah I know what you mean leecalcars, won't really take any less than 2 k for it, it's worth more than that to me in the garage as some kind of project.

fantasticmrfox 10 May 2011 08:40 PM

Tbh it's pretty standard.

Thanks

leecalcars 10 May 2011 08:45 PM

I had an option last year to sell or build a track car i chose the later and still spending, i paid 2k for my00 T2000 with no mods at all ,think you would be better of selling but as mentioned time and time again the car is only worth what someone wants to pay for it !

fantasticmrfox 10 May 2011 09:05 PM

I'm not thinking track car , I'm thinking engine transplant or rebuild with stroker, pipe dreams at the mo, just thinking options through like.

leecalcars 10 May 2011 09:34 PM

If you can afford it like you said park it up strip it and make it a project set out in mind what you want to do and dont deviate from it,im sure you can make it into a nice car that you have built .

m@t STImulation 10 May 2011 10:07 PM

i've kept all standard parts will be returning to standard selling complete and selling mod parts separate. that the only way to real back some money.

astra_dave 11 May 2011 12:27 AM

bought my MY99 T2000 in Feb this year for 2.5k with pretty much the same mods mate