ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Earning extra money what do you guys do (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/887799-earning-extra-money-what-do-you-guys-do.html)

CREWJ 09 May 2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10030210)
Pimping. It's the only way.

Happy to help. :)

You offering? :lol1:

Scooby Soon! 09 May 2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by scoobydog63 (Post 10030174)
Glad its not only me that now finds the ebay fees an absolute rip off. Why someone has never started a rival site I cant understand.

they did but they are all useless as they get very little traffic

I sell ebay/amazon and have online websites, you will have a very very hard time competing with anyone. Everything computer/electronic/phone is covered with the chinese paying no tax vat and selling for pennies profit, they are using every trick in the book to be the cheapest and sell in bulk you will never ever compete or get near there price. Its the same with parcel companies you will never get a decent price unless you are sending out lots of packets.

ScoobyWon't 09 May 2011 01:01 PM

Benefits. ;)

Caged "R" 09 May 2011 01:17 PM

Tax office on a commission only basis, investigating people who have an undeclared 2nd income.. ;)

ScoobyWon't 09 May 2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Caged "R" (Post 10030261)
Tax office on a commission only basis, investigating people who have an undeclared 2nd income.. ;)

Easy to dodge - simply claim for overtime that you haven't worked at your main job ;)

joz8968 09 May 2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 10030220)
get the wife to go on the game - steady work, and from home too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVpy07DucKU

:lol1:

chaffe 09 May 2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Caged "R" (Post 10030261)

at least they have a primary income and are prepared to work and contribute to society in the first place, unlike all the junkies, people claiming incapacity/other benefits fraudulently and pregnent teenagers.

kingofturds 09 May 2011 02:02 PM

I de-cat peoples cars for them for free and without them knowing. And all I ask in return is the modest scrap value of the cat:thumb:.

Seriously though I have turned my hand at a few things in the past but it seems like sooner or later everyone catches on and jumps on the bandwagon. A few years back I found out that many xbox games were up to £12 cheaper on play Asia than anywhere you could get them in the UK. I could clear a decent profit on each game and even thought about doing it full time. A few weeks later people on ebay started selling direct from hong kong which finished off that little venture:cry:.

Hysteria1983 09 May 2011 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by CREWJ (Post 10030230)
You offering? :lol1:

Ok sure.

I will call you b1tch no.1 and you will do exactly as I say!

Guv 09 May 2011 02:08 PM

Work at Heathrow Airport some evenings and at the weekends doing valet parking.............loads of flash cars:norty::D

Ant 09 May 2011 02:08 PM

On a serious note , side jobs for family and friends.

Which I only do when I need the cash

CREWJ 09 May 2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10030336)
Ok sure.

I will call you b1tch no.1 and you will do exactly as I say!

;)

ScoobyWon't 09 May 2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10030339)
On a serious note , side jobs for family and friends.

Which I only do when I need the cash

I may have a job for you in a couple of weeks. But I'll need to take my pup to the vets for his jabs before you bring germs down from Up There.

In fact, are you even allowed to travel as far as Mapperley? :p Just mind the bears crossing the A60. :D

JazzRST 09 May 2011 03:32 PM

I rent out marquees on the side, for parties, wedding...do the whole lot tables n chairs, not bad lil earner gets busy in summer

Ant 09 May 2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 10030435)
I may have a job for you in a couple of weeks. But I'll need to take my pup to the vets for his jabs before you bring germs down from Up There.

In fact, are you even allowed to travel as far as Mapperley? :p Just mind the bears crossing the A60. :D

:lol1: :hjtwofing

I can't as my van is now trackered but I can get my dad to sort it out and I can tag along to do it one Sunday ;)