ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   How much will i get? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/887651-how-much-will-i-get.html)

wrx287 08 May 2011 10:41 AM

How much will i get?

Looking at stripping my car down now as i've had enough of it needing repairs. Just wondering roughly how much i will get. It will all be for sale except the bucket seats and harnesses and the roof flap. I have the original seats here.

Engine has coverd around 12.000 miles. No proof but can be vouched fro by Matt at Pole Position in the Midlands. 2 sets of wheels. Flocked dash ect ect.

Just want rid of it now:mad:

Do have my eye on another one though;)

mervil 08 May 2011 10:49 AM

:cry: sad times mate! Personally, if you've got the space and time then strip it as it'll be worth much more in parts! (roof vent please ;) ) selling it as is won't get you much over 2.5k IMO! As nice as it is, they're not going for decent prices anymore :(

Why don't you look at getting a TY754 box, it's stronger than yours and not that expensive! Unless you've completely made your mind up?!

wrx287 08 May 2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 10028301)
(roof vent please ;) )

Why don't you look at getting a TY754 box, it's stronger than yours and not that expensive! Unless you've completely made your mind up?!

Roof vent is coming with me sorry mate:lol1:

Ive lost all confidence in the car now to be honest. It hasnt run right for nearly a year now. Afraid to leave it come on boost incase something lets go:(

Rally fan 555 08 May 2011 11:04 AM

Sorry to hear this Calv :cry: You got the same problem with the leak again ?

I hope you get sorted soon, whichever route you go down - You got another Scoob in mind or is it Top Secret at the Mo :cool:

wrx287 08 May 2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 10028327)
Sorry to hear this Calv :cry: You got the same problem with the leak again ?

I hope you get sorted soon, whichever route you go down - You got another Scoob in mind or is it Top Secret at the Mo :cool:

Yeah same leak Si. Hope it was just a bolt not tightend properly not another problem.

I have got a scoob in mind just need to find the money;)

Rally fan 555 08 May 2011 11:42 AM

Know what you mean Mate, it's a thought that's been crossing my mind just a bit !! Maybe Top Gear will buy 'em to blow up or turn into Boats or something !! LOL

Hope you get what you want Calv ;)

PETER R 08 May 2011 12:35 PM

calv i thought exactly that reading your post yesterday , got to draw the line somewhere . sorry to hear that , but cant fault your perseverance

ryan33hks 08 May 2011 03:09 PM

If you do break calv id be interested in the standard seats. But DON'T :)

KJD Mk1 08 May 2011 04:48 PM

Not a good period with the car for you, hope you get sorted one way or another.
All the best Calv.:thumb:

Silver Scooby Sport 08 May 2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ryan33hks (Post 10028684)

I have a standard interior but I bet you only want to pay a tenner :lol1:

Silver Scooby Sport 08 May 2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 10028280)

Nightmare Calvin but I know where your coming from.... sometimes you just keep spending it's not something you can control. I could suggest a good one to think about unless we are on the same wavelength.

KJD Mk1 08 May 2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport (Post 10028927)

And that won't cover the storage rent :p

ryan33hks 08 May 2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Scooby Sport (Post 10028927)

:lol1: You know me to well
I only want the front 2 aswell mate, but pm me a price anyway if you want just incase ;)

Rally fan 555 08 May 2011 08:55 PM

Don't put too many seats in there Ry - You will have to pay more for Rally Day ;)

mike h 08 May 2011 08:56 PM

Got a set of sti v3 fronts here ry, pm me a sensible offer if you like.

wrx287 08 May 2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by ryan33hks (Post 10028684)

Make me an offer and i'll consider it:thumb: They are for sale anyway:cool:

Silver Scooby Sport 08 May 2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by ryan33hks (Post 10029321)
:lol1: You know me to well
I only want the front 2 aswell mate, but pm me a price anyway if you want just incase ;)

Leave it with me a bit need to think on a price here.

Jimbob 08 May 2011 11:25 PM

Gutting news fella, shame you can`t use one of the boxes I have here one needs a front diff, and the other I don`t know just was losing box fluid (though it never leaked lol).
If you want either let me know and you can take them, sure to get one good one out of them.

But if you do strip may be after some bits ;)

"Taylor" 09 May 2011 07:55 AM

Can't say I blame you Calv, its tested your patience to the limit. You can't allow yourself to be tied to a car just because of what you've spent on it. Still onwards and upwards!

ozzreid1964 09 May 2011 08:11 AM

know how you feel calv:mad: the only problem with stripping it is there are so many people doing this you may take a while to get your cash in if you got your sights on another perhaps youd be better taking less and getting rid all in one go .as i've said before when i had the bugeye it done my head in just kept throwing money at it and something else would go wrong in the end i let it go on ebay said the problems i knew were wrong with it and it soon went (got stripped by next owner) yes i could have prob made more stripping it but at least i had a lump sum all in one go to get my current one.

The Trooper 1815 09 May 2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 10028280)
Looking at stripping my car down now as i've had enough of it needing repairs. Just wondering roughly how much i will get. It will all be for sale except the bucket seats and harnesses and the roof flap. I have the original seats here.

Engine has coverd around 12.000 miles. No proof but can be vouched fro by Matt at Pole Position in the Midlands. 2 sets of wheels. Flocked dash ect ect.

Just want rid of it now:mad:

Calv,

I think the problem your having may be hidden. Just my two pence but perhaps the engine is not laying correct in the bay. If the mounts are worn, slightly out of line or the engine is not quite right in the cradle they may be causing alignment problems with the gearbox and causing the leaks.

Just a thought.

Ian

wrx287 09 May 2011 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10029955)
Calv,

I think the problem your having may be hidden. Just my two pence but perhaps the engine is not laying correct in the bay. If the mounts are worn, slightly out of line or the engine is not quite right in the cradle they may be causing alignment problems with the gearbox and causing the leaks.

Just a thought.

Ian

Cant afford to keep investigating Ian unfortunately. Im 90% sure im braking it unless Dylan can fix it when he has time but its only so long i can be without a car.

Rally fan 555 11 May 2011 11:57 AM

Any news mate ;)

wrx287 11 May 2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rally fan 555 (Post 10033616)
Any news mate ;)

No Si. Car is laid up out the back. Going to get it in to the local garage asap and see whats what. Need something done as soon as:thumb:

Rally fan 555 11 May 2011 12:35 PM

Good Luck calv, I hope you get sorted soon ;)