ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   side lights staying on??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/886811-side-lights-staying-on.html)

scoobyjunky 01 May 2011 10:50 PM

side lights staying on???

hello all i have a 2001 bugeye wagon and the side lights are staying on even when the keys are out only noticed it last nite batt was dead today does any have any ideas why this would be happening cheers all

scoobyjunky

JJTurbo 01 May 2011 10:53 PM

Do you have a switch on top of the steering wheel? switches the side lights on for parking etc... i have one on my classic.

Yamarashi 01 May 2011 11:05 PM

As above, I bet youve recently been doing a bit of dusting around the dash and caught the rocker switch :D

matth76 01 May 2011 11:30 PM

My old golf used to leave parking lights if I left an indicator on and turned the engine off. Not tested this on my Subaru though. But as said above its more likely just your parking light switch, if you have one, on top of the steering wheel.

scoobyjunky 02 May 2011 10:31 AM

ahh spot on lads never new wot that switch was for i cleaned her out the other day cheers again

Scoobyjunky

CREWJ 02 May 2011 11:45 AM

Ha ha, I've done this before. I knew the solution as soon as I saw the thread title.

alcazar 02 May 2011 12:41 PM

Sigh, does NO-ONE use the search?

scoobyjunky 02 May 2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10018045)
Sigh, does NO-ONE use the search?

wot a pointless comment yes i have used the search twice today for other stuff thought this was a forum for asking questions if ppl are gunna moan dont come on just easier to ask and i got an answer so no need for the search and know need for your comment!!!!:hjtwofing

alcazar 02 May 2011 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyjunky (Post 10018232)
wot a pointless comment yes i have used the search twice today for other stuff thought this was a forum for asking questions if ppl are gunna moan dont come on just easier to ask and i got an answer so no need for the search and know need for your comment!!!!:hjtwofing

In English please?

And I LOVE your idea: maybe ALL of us who spend HOURS on here answering questions, sometimes the same ones over and over, maybe we should ALL withdraw and answer no more?

Or did you think ALL my 21,000 posts were pointless?

scoobyjunky 02 May 2011 06:49 PM

well you didnt need to comment did you then u dick i got my answer from someone else anyway!!

So why bother with the comment in the first place if you saw wot the thread was was about why did u even click on it your not the only person on here!!

if your that bothered about re posts then don't comment on them there are plenty of others that will!!! as an experienced forum user on here thought you would of know better says allot about you!!

Midlife...... 02 May 2011 07:20 PM

Just out of curiosity......does the bug wagon have a "bright switch" like my bug saloon, now there was a real selling point LOL

Shaun

alcazar 02 May 2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyjunky (Post 10018663)
well you didnt need to comment did you then u dick i got my answer from someone else anyway!!

So why bother with the comment in the first place if you saw wot the thread was was about why did u even click on it your not the only person on here!!

if your that bothered about re posts then don't comment on them there are plenty of others that will!!! as an experienced forum user on here thought you would of know better says allot about you!!

Well..........one of us is a dick........and the other writes in English.:D

Moley 02 May 2011 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10018564)
Or did you think ALL my 21,000 posts were pointless?

No comment ;):D:D:thumb:

CREWJ 02 May 2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 10018744)
Just out of curiosity......does the bug wagon have a "bright switch" like my bug saloon, now there was a real selling point LOL

Shaun

My classic does!

It was totally the reason I bought it!

alcazar 03 May 2011 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by CREWJ (Post 10019219)
My classic does!

It was totally the reason I bought it!

Mine was the reason I rebuilt, instead of breaking: couldn't lose THAT little guy!

p cooper 03 August 2015 12:42 AM

pc

Hi there im new here just asking I have a subaru impreza gx sport non turbo my lights are like doing the same but only when I turn my head lights on drivers side is on passenger side light is very dim all so when I turn them on my main beam lights come on as well but there very dim as well on my dash bord the main beam light stays on and now when I take the key out the lights stay on need help as I do a lot of night driving

Steve001 03 August 2015 01:59 AM

Well lads if we all searched all the time what else would we have to argue about? ;)

**jay** 03 August 2015 09:02 AM

And this is the reason best asking in a new post as searching bumps up years old threads lol

alcazar 03 August 2015 10:08 AM

p cooper: check underbonnet lighting fuses.

p cooper 03 August 2015 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 11719397)
p cooper: check underbonnet lighting fuses.

Done that mate still doing it

kevo10 04 August 2015 04:04 PM

Faulty lighting relay ?