ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Census form aaaaaggghh (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/885538-census-form-aaaaaggghh.html)

gpssti4 23 April 2011 04:44 PM

Census form aaaaaggghh

I've sent my form off like a good boy, but I've still had a door knocker to whom I explained that I'd posted it weeks ago. Then today I've had a 'please complete your census' note through my door. Will you bog off - I've done it, blame postie :mad:

Rant over, feel better now.

Wurzel 23 April 2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 10002136)
I've sent my form off like a good boy, but I've still had a door knocker to whom I explained that I'd posted it weeks ago. Then today I've had a 'please complete your census' note through my door. Will you bog off - I've done it, blame postie :mad:

Rant over, feel better now.

You may feel better but when you get the 1k fine for not completeing it you won't be laughing then as you try to explain that you sent it weeks ago and they lost it.

gpssti4 23 April 2011 04:47 PM

I guess as it's the government, I have to prove that I've posted it lol

PaulC72 23 April 2011 05:10 PM

yup proof of posting is not proof of receipt blah blah another 1k please balh....

alcazar 23 April 2011 07:05 PM

It's strange, some that tell me theirs were posted the day after 27th March haven't turned up, whereas ones I posted for folk last week, HAVE.

I can only think the early ones are on the bottom of the pile.

Someone WILL keep coming back until it turns up. Just keep teling them it's posted.

And NO-ONE who doesn't REFUSE will get a fine. NO-ONE!

Ninnybobs 23 April 2011 07:59 PM

Same has happened to me. Will do the next one on tinternet

alcazar 23 April 2011 08:16 PM

Lots of folk DID say it was a mistake letting the Royal Fail deliver/collect. We seem to have been proven right:rolleyes:

Silver Angel 23 April 2011 09:14 PM

did mine online got a reference number as proof of completion :)

f1_fan 23 April 2011 09:15 PM

I did mine online and I have had 3 of them round so far. Trouble is the shed at the back of the house is getting full now and feeding them is a b1tch ;)

alcazar 23 April 2011 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10002607)
I did mine online and I have had 3 of them round so far. Trouble is the shed at the back of the house is getting full now and feeding them is a b1tch ;)

Ah, but did you remember to click "Submit"?

And did you make a note of the reference number it gave you?

Anyone who gives me a reference number, I don't visit again, no matter what the sheets say;)

f1_fan 23 April 2011 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10002888)
Ah, but did you remember to click "Submit"?

And did you make a note of the reference number it gave you?

Anyone who gives me a reference number, I don't visit again, no matter what the sheets say;)

Indeed I did and all 3 were given the reference. To be fair no one has been ruond recently

alcazar 24 April 2011 11:33 AM

So many folk decided to do it on the net when we started nagging, that it took a couple of days or more to strike off the system.

Even posted ones did.

But now, I'm finding people tell me they did it online, the NEXT DAY I have confirmation.

Likewise, forms I posted for people late last week are now off my notes.

Just be patient, if they keep coming, just tell them the same thing. Remember, they are as fed up of having to come again as you are of seeing them.

PLUS: the system takes our notes from week to week, so with 400 properties to visit, I can't remember what people told me until they come to the door, THEN I recognise them:rolleyes: Unless they are SERIOUSLY weird, in which case it's "Oh no, you know who lives HERE, don't you?"

I spend 50% of my time being apologetic. :D

Leslie 24 April 2011 03:16 PM

Glad I got proof of posting from the Post Office then.

Les

Will 25 April 2011 10:03 AM

I did mine yesterday morning. Had a man at the door at lunch time, asking if I had filled in my form. I gave him my reference number and off he went :D

DYK 25 April 2011 10:07 AM

They can bugger off i'll hide in the hills...:D

gpssti4 26 April 2011 09:02 AM

I tried phoning the 'helpline' over the weekend, but they were closed :Whatever_

kingofturds 26 April 2011 09:52 AM

I have not heard anything for a while now so hopefully I have showed up on their system. working for the government you would think these people would be dressed smartly but I had one who looked like he walked out of a 50 cent rap movie shoot. direct there is some press code for these people.

scoobyboothy 26 April 2011 10:05 AM

I had a knock on the door yesterday asking if i'd completed it - I'd posted it about 2 and half weeks ago.

alcazar 26 April 2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10006767)
I have not heard anything for a while now so hopefully I have showed up on their system. working for the government you would think these people would be dressed smartly but I had one who looked like he walked out of a 50 cent rap movie shoot. direct there is some press code for these people.

A dress code? A fekkin DRESS CODE? What century are YOU living in?

"These people" are earning £7.22 an hour, before tax, going out until 9 at night, come rain, come shine. 37 hour week, nowt extra for working sundays or bank holidays.

They are required to have a mobile phone, and to use it sometimes, but their calls will NOT be reimbursed.

The obviously need a car, but they can't claim mileage even going from one far-flung area they have been allocated to another.

And you want them to dress neatly? Who's going to pay for THAT? Like our employers would give us a uniform? If we don't return EVERY item we were given, they withold some pay.

I HOPE you were on a wind up?

pslewis 26 April 2011 11:49 AM

I did mine 3 times and sent all in ........... I know they will lose 2 of them :D

joz8968 26 April 2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by gpssti4 (Post 10006706)
I tried phoning the 'helpline' over the weekend, but they were closed :Whatever_

"..We tried contacting Mr X.
But he wasn't in."

:lol1: