ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   thanks to duncan for mapping my car top job (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/885246-thanks-to-duncan-for-mapping-my-car-top-job.html)

happydude303 21 April 2011 04:19 PM

thanks to duncan for mapping my car top job

just thought id out a thanks up on here and say that the car feels stronger and pulls harder then before and is 13% more fuel safer then the last mapper who map it so lean i had to re build it , oh and the sim tec is now also using its closed loop boost so all those who have had there sim tecs mapped by andy vey at vey sports please get your maps checked asap and i recomened duncan graham top man, top job :thumb:

myblackwrx 21 April 2011 05:54 PM

Guess you were driving the Forester as I was leaving,gave you a little wave,he gave my car a once over (cold start issue and then a bit of a road map session with 1 annoyed Saxo driver lol).
Very professional explained in simple terms what he was doing an why,great prices and commitment to customer satisfaction.
No power figures for me but my arse dyno is a lot happier :lol1:

wrx fifer 21 April 2011 06:08 PM

another good job from duncan, glad to hear your happy buddy

happydude303 21 April 2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by myblackwrx (Post 9999177)
Guess you were driving the Forester as I was leaving,gave you a little wave,he gave my car a once over (cold start issue and then a bit of a road map session with 1 annoyed Saxo driver lol).
Very professional explained in simple terms what he was doing an why,great prices and commitment to customer satisfaction.
No power figures for me but my arse dyno is a lot happier :lol1:

yeah that was me in the old forester john spare car , i do like to drive them things there good fun, but yeah my scooby is feeling a lot better now and i agree with your arse dyno statement lol

Rez 21 April 2011 10:13 PM

Does anyone know if this Duncan chap frequents the North East at all? Need a map refresh on my ride... :)

daz1968 21 April 2011 10:29 PM

Think he travels all over uk, just contact him and he will let you know when near you, that's what I did only thing is you need to think of a safe road for mapping near to you as he may not be familiar with you area. Very helpful person though would defo recommend him

dazh66 21 April 2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rez (Post 9999711)
Does anyone know if this Duncan chap frequents the North East at all? Need a map refresh on my ride... :)

Yes he does, he's done loads round here mine included. Either works out of Drew Autos in Chester le Street or can map on a Dyno Dynamics RR in Durham City:thumb:

Rez 25 April 2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by dazh66 (Post 9999787)
Yes he does, he's done loads round here mine included. Either works out of Drew Autos in Chester le Street or can map on a Dyno Dynamics RR in Durham City:thumb:

great thanks, i think i'll PM him.. :)

acstua 25 April 2011 03:49 PM

what would you class as a safe road?
i assume something thats national speed limit, straight, and quiet ?

ScoobyDoo69 25 April 2011 03:50 PM

Something like that yeah! We used a local dual carriageway to map mine, and it definitely worked :)

dynamix 25 April 2011 07:45 PM

Cheers Andy - was a lovely day down at Triton (as always) - glad it is sorted mate and look forward to the next steps ;)

Originally Posted by acstua (Post 10005611)
what would you class as a safe road?
i assume something thats national speed limit, straight, and quiet ?

Something like that. ideally not motorway as it is a nightmare to pull over to make changes to the map. Generally have never found an issue in finding suitable roads to map on.

Rez - pm coming back to you in 5 mins :thumb:

KAOS_JNR 25 April 2011 08:46 PM

Duncan just e-mailed you

mikescooby 25 April 2011 09:11 PM

had mine mapped by duncan because of a bad mapper and im sure the fuel acconomy has improved a little

dynamix 25 April 2011 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by mikescooby (Post 10006212)
had mine mapped by duncan because of a bad mapper and im sure the fuel acconomy has improved a little

did you get the stickers i dropped off through your door this afternoon Mike ?

Think you must have been in the garden enjoying the sunshine (dont blame u it was lovely today :) )

mikescooby 25 April 2011 09:30 PM

yeah got the stickers mate, i wasnt in i was in notts, my dad saw you, i was just going to pm you

Rez 25 April 2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 10005990)
Rez - pm coming back to you in 5 mins :thumb:

All sorted, cheers Duncan... Booked in for next week... :D