ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Very disappointing: Scooby Parts aka Triple Filtered (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/884975-very-disappointing-scooby-parts-aka-triple-filtered.html)

a.offord 19 April 2011 04:04 PM

Very disappointing: Scooby Parts aka Triple Filtered

I recently bought some color coded wing mirrors and door handles off Triple filtered.

He claimed to have sent the items, but refused to tell me which address (I have two) or what method of delivery he sent them by.

Quite genuinely he offered a refund or to send some more parts - still wanting the parts I asked him to send me another set and suggested he use recorded delivery.

Since then he has refused to answer emails and no parts have arrived.

Very disappointing, would urge people to stay away.

99greenwagon 19 April 2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by a.offord (Post 9995619)
I recently bought some color coded wing mirrors and door handles off Triple filtered.

He claimed to have sent the items, but refused to tell me which address (I have two) or what method of delivery he sent them by.

Quite genuinely he offered a refund or to send some more parts - still wanting the parts I asked him to send me another set and suggested he use recorded delivery.

Since then he has refused to answer emails and no parts have arrived.

Very disappointing, would urge people to stay away.

ive bought a few items from him with no hassle at all,im sure he will sort it,i expect he gets alot of pms on here so dont jump the gun just yet.:thumb:

a.offord 19 April 2011 04:19 PM

It has been 2 months!

99greenwagon 19 April 2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by a.offord (Post 9995647)
It has been 2 months!

oh dear! and he isnt replying to any pms?:wonder:

a.offord 19 April 2011 04:23 PM

Indeed, Emailed via Ebay and from Gmail... no reply.

99greenwagon 19 April 2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by a.offord (Post 9995654)
Indeed, Emailed via Ebay and from Gmail... no reply.

have u sent a private message to him from this site?
sometimes he takes a little while to respond but two months baffles me tbh!:confused:

a.offord 19 April 2011 04:30 PM

No, didnt try via this site... he did respond very quickly at first but agreeing to send another set he stopped responding all together.

We'll see if he responds to this post, or PMs me... tbh I've sort of given up and just wanted people to know about my experience with him.

scoobyrob2002 19 April 2011 05:45 PM

i know how you feel mate i brought a rear armlink off a subaru workshop costing £200 he told me it was the right one for my model ect when i got it it was the wrong one well f..ck off send it back and heard nothing from them! hard to find a place that i can trust now

wrx fifer 19 April 2011 05:55 PM

dont know him personally but he sells alot of stuff on more forums than here!! dont think he's out to scam anbody or anything like that as he breaks alot of imprezas, and i know a few people that bought from him in the past.

Grant

Sabas 19 April 2011 06:03 PM

I was doubtful, but I bought four doors from him, when one turned up it was exposed and had a crack in it, I messaged him with a picture and he sent another door out for free, I think he only does breaking in the evenings/ weekends, I had to wait a little while for the doors, but they turned up.

I also had a wing from him with no problems

99greenwagon 19 April 2011 06:19 PM

2 months is getting on with it tho,i can see the ops point.
hope you get it sorted,im sure you will.:thumb:

prodriverules 19 April 2011 07:22 PM

I've had a bumper bar and inner wing shield with no problems and have just brought a facelift front grille.
I had to wait 2 weeks for the first parts and probably the same now but that's how it is when he only does it as a side line job,not a worry to me because as above the parts turned up and in condition described.
Hope you get it sorted mate,i don't think your being scammed mate:thumb:

200sex 19 April 2011 07:40 PM

how did you pay him? when i brought from him he sent me a invoice to go through a payment system where i had to enter all my own address and stuff iv had a fair bit of stuff from him and all been with me within the week sure he wouldnt rip you of chap but seems very odd for him

mickywrx 19 April 2011 07:54 PM

I'm awaiting a reply to a PM sent at the beginning of March, 11th to be precise.

I bought a bumper, it in no way matched the condition it was advertised as. I asked for a refund and said I'd return it. Nothing, nicht, nadda in reply. :Whatever_

I gave up waiting for a reply. so I sold it on Ebay, correctly described and ended up getting more than I paid for it. :D

As always, buyer beware.

a.offord 19 April 2011 07:57 PM

I used PayPal... I bought them off the back of another ad he had on Ebay. I only bought them because of the trade he seems to drum up on here... really hacked off, i know its only £50 but still having just come out of Uni and spent all my money on a Scoob it makes a big difference to me.

Hoping he'll either send them soon or refund my money - Think its bizare that he would just stop all communication, not good for business.

Scooby Parts 19 April 2011 08:17 PM

Cheers to the member who directed me to this thread.

Id just like to give my side of the story before folk start jumping the gun.

a.offord contacted me through ebay asking if I had the mentioned parts, I did have 3 sets of standard skirts and mirrors etc so thought if I colour coded the 3 sets theyd be easier to sell so I painted a set and sent him his parts.

I told him Im a trader on Scoobynet, gave him my usernames etc and asked him to feel free to contact me.

Week or so later he claims nothing has been delivered so I offered a refund or to send another set as I had the paint and materials here anyway. He agreed to another set so they were painted and sent.

Now these have not been delivered either??

Please note that all this was done on Ebay were I am hardly ever on (I have a feedback of 4!!) as I dont like using it or Paypal as all my customers will know, I send invoices via a merchant account.

I have logged on to my ebay account and you sent ONE message saying that the 2nd set hadnt been delivered and have made NO attempt to contact me on here by PM.

I will send you a refund and Im not saying youre at it, but I find it strange that none of the 2 sets made it to you and also you havent started a dispute through paypal?
Plus if I was going to scam you, I wouldnt have told you I was a trader on here and give you my usernames etc??

Caged "R" 19 April 2011 08:37 PM

Does your courier say that either set have been delivered?

Scooby Parts 19 April 2011 08:43 PM

sent royal mail

99greenwagon 19 April 2011 08:45 PM

buyer beware? seller beware!!! lol

200sex 19 April 2011 08:47 PM

you still got the recipts for when you sent them if so you have proof they was sent dude

Martin 2010 19 April 2011 08:52 PM

i can vouch for this guy as well ive purchased stuff with no issues at all

a.offord 19 April 2011 09:52 PM

OK, he has a point... two deliveries that have not turned up.

Have you, like i asked, provided the details of the address or tracking numbers? NO.

Now your claiming I sent no emails?

Proof otherwise...
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l350/tech699/1.jpg

Honestly, Why would I need two sets - I only have one car. And if your using ebay to sell then you should be checking it regularly for emails.

I tried to raise dispute through PayPal but left it too late.

stuart148 19 April 2011 10:12 PM

you get 45 day to claim , why leave it this long ???

stu

a.offord 19 April 2011 10:17 PM

Well, with starting new job and my brothers return from Afghan i've had a lot to think about... trying to make time to follow every little thing up has been hard.

I did try, a lot, to contact the seller but got nothing back... and as it was outside of Ebay i wasnt sure i could dispute it via PayPal but upon checking i realised i could - but actually had left it too late.

Live and Learn ay.

s1wrx 19 April 2011 10:59 PM

i bought boost hoses off him on sunday afternoon, and they were on my car this afternoon. couldn't get any quicker, and all as described. will use again
:thumb:

a.offord 20 April 2011 07:53 AM

It's all well and good for those of you that got good service! I'm still £50 down and without colour coded parts.

SpecDscooby 20 April 2011 10:37 AM

Interesting clearly some bullsh1t surrounding the number of messages sent on e bay...seller says ONE, buyer proves was a lot more.....Sending via royal mail you always get a reciept....

TinyTim 20 April 2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by SpecDscooby (Post 9996878)
Interesting clearly some bullsh1t surrounding the number of messages sent on e bay...seller says ONE, buyer proves was a lot more.....Sending via royal mail you always get a reciept....

To be fair, that screenshot only proves he sent messages... it doesnt say who to...

stuart148 20 April 2011 10:50 AM

you didnt have time , funny that you have time to post on here slagging him off lol

stu

a.offord 20 April 2011 11:09 AM

I have time now things have settled down... More than happy to provide screen shots of every message, including sender and recipient if you wish?

And to be fair, I only expressed my concerns with the service i received to make others aware... I used no specific terms like 'scam'