ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Motorway Cops (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/884904-motorway-cops.html)

mgcvk 18 April 2011 10:09 PM

Motorway Cops

Caught this show largely by accident tonight. Two things occur to me. Firstly serious motoring offences seem to receive comparatively light punishments and secondly, it appears you need very few brain cells to rub together to be a motorway cop? Discuss.....

Silver Angel 18 April 2011 10:12 PM

was shocked with the car that had been pulled over with 11 people in it 7 of them very young children and the parents laughing about it - unreal :(

Hilla 18 April 2011 10:14 PM

Mmm she can pull me over any time :D

mgcvk 18 April 2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hilla (Post 9994596)
Mmm she can pull me over any time :D

Yes, I was going to mention that but didn't want to appear shallow! :D

dpb 18 April 2011 10:50 PM

Bit of a cutey :luvlove:

Dirk Diggler 75 18 April 2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9994696)
Bit of a cutey :luvlove:

And thick as sh1t to boot........:)

alcazar 19 April 2011 08:31 AM

TRUE motoring "crimes" are punished quite lightly:
Kid who had no insurance hit my eldest, got done for no insurance and DWDCA.
Total fine was £155 and 6 points.
My lad was out £750 excess :mad:

Meanwhile, our local rag is full of the MINOR "crimes" which all get the mandatory FOUR punishments:

Speeding: Fine, + victim surchgarge + Court costs + points.........and then your insurance goes up too.:(:(

Same page: Someone done for receiving, multiple burgalries, not attending court, etc etc, HE gets NO fine, just 30 hours community service, or often, a conditional discharge, ie: nowt!

Thanks to Lying Labour, the motorist is now vilified, criminalised and treated as an utter cash cow!

Rant over.

dpb 19 April 2011 08:31 AM

ideal then :D

Dirk Diggler 75 19 April 2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9994989)
ideal then :D

Give it a couple of months then you'll soon get p1ssed off with her irritating drone......;)

Glowplug 19 April 2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 9995027)
Give it a couple of months then you'll soon get p1ssed off with her irritating drone......;)

Still shcdi though eh :D

danny c 19 April 2011 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=Hilla;9994596]Mmm she can pull me over any time

She was bang tidy. As for the annoying voice,i got something to shut her up.:norty:

tony de wonderful 19 April 2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by mgcvk (Post 9994574)
Caught this show largely by accident tonight. Two things occur to me. Firstly serious motoring offences seem to receive comparatively light punishments and secondly, it appears you need very few brain cells to rub together to be a motorway cop? Discuss.....

Sure it's a job for jobsworths.

g7prs 19 April 2011 08:33 PM

The prick in the astra needed a good slap!

skoobidude 19 April 2011 10:54 PM

Missed it. Was it new show or repeat?

vindaloo 19 April 2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Angel (Post 9994584)
was shocked with the car that had been pulled over with 11 people in it 7 of them very young children and the parents laughing about it - unreal :(

"With all those eyes looking back out... look's like fraggle rock in there..." :lol1:

Felix. 20 April 2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9994988)

Meanwhile, our local rag is full of the MINOR "crimes" which all get the mandatory FOUR punishments:

Speeding: Fine, + victim surchgarge + Court costs + points.........and then your insurance goes up too.:(:(

Same page: Someone done for receiving, multiple burgalries, not attending court, etc etc, HE gets NO fine, just 30 hours community service, or often, a conditional discharge, ie: nowt!

Thanks to Lying Labour, the motorist is now vilified, criminalised and treated as an utter cash cow!

Rant over.

The current lenient sentencing for 'proper crimes' is from Ken Clarke's new ideas to put less people behind bars.

I know of one prolific thief who eventually got a sentence for a load of thefts....... 30 hours community service where she picks up litter around a park on a Monday afternoon for the next few weeks.

Here’s another stupid punishment that is becoming more popular – a day in the court house. The fact that he turned up for his trial is his punishment. Now hold on – I turned up for the trial as did all the victims and witnesses – so are we getting punished as well?

Carlh 20 April 2011 09:54 AM

THe asians driving the astra vxr shocked me - the guy was obviously the owner, sat in the passenger seat then claimed the driver was in someone's house but wanted his house keys off the car keys (that he had in his pocket) - was obviously HIS car, all he paid was the costs of getting his car back. Was ridiculous. Bet he had no license, no insurance but paid £150 for the privilege of getting it back so he could go razzing around the estate again (which was the original reason for the police getting called out). Crazy

Carlh 20 April 2011 09:54 AM

Good bloody TV show tho :D

Rescue Dude 20 April 2011 10:09 AM

Some years ago I was working at Silverstone at the British GP. I was doing night fire patrol. Basically I was given a Land Rover, a radio and a less experienced guy to abuse. :lol1:
Saturday night we were asked to assist the security guys to catch some idiot who was racing around the perimeter road at high speed.

We managed to corner him near 'Club' but before we could grab him he clambered over the outer fence and disappeared into the camp site. We did however nab the other 3 people in the car. As it was private land there was nothing we could do so we kicked the 3 of them out of the circuit and told them that if there friend wanted his car back the keys would be waiting for him at the on site Police station. He picked his keys up sunday after the race and was given and I quote, "An almighty bollocking"

On sunday just before the GP I drove by 'Club' and could see the guys car being used as a grandstand by half a dozen guys who were either standing on it or sitting on it.

Justice!!!:D

jono300 20 April 2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Carlh (Post 9996808)
THe asians driving the astra vxr shocked me - the guy was obviously the owner, sat in the passenger seat then claimed the driver was in someone's house but wanted his house keys off the car keys (that he had in his pocket) - was obviously HIS car, all he paid was the costs of getting his car back. Was ridiculous. Bet he had no license, no insurance but paid £150 for the privilege of getting it back so he could go razzing around the estate again (which was the original reason for the police getting called out). Crazy

Just watched it on bbc iplayer and yep that female traffic cop was refreshingly nice !!!!

was a bit confused why they could not just see who the owner of the car was by the registered details and match it up with the guy who was in the car, I know they cant just do him for it comming back as him but at least it would have proved 100% it was his car ?? also surely if the car was not insured then it would not have just been handed back once the £150 storage fee had been paid ??

must have been a good few quids worth off car as well- 12 / 13k ???

have to sat that yep uninsured / drivers with no licence etc deserve everything they get and more but time and time again the motorist is handed sentences / fines etc that would just never be given to non motoring offences ie. muggings / house breakings etc

The Zohan 20 April 2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9994988)

Rant over.

+1

DYK 20 April 2011 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=danny c;9995391]

Originally Posted by Hilla (Post 9994596)
Mmm she can pull me over any time

She was bang tidy. As for the annoying voice,i got something to shut her up.:norty:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/Smil...fault/pics.gif