ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   whats your excuse (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/884806-whats-your-excuse.html)

jta 18 April 2011 12:37 PM

whats your excuse

I know ive only had our first scoob for 8 days and am still thrilled by driving the car (my other cars are nissan quashqi and vw polo) so you can imagine lol. Now being married and i got the car for my wife as a present when i sold my bike (youve seen the post hahahahaha) i find i am using any excuse just to go out and drive the scoob lianne said to me friday "will you pop to asda" i said "yes" i grabbed the scoob keys she shouted after me "take the polo and save some fuel" and i turned and said "er no it needs a wash" i couldnt think of a better excuse to use lol do you ever do this to yourself or your partner lol ?

TinyTim 18 April 2011 12:39 PM

I tend to wear the trousers in my marriage.

Usually.

MattyB1983 18 April 2011 01:01 PM

Fortunately in my relationship I don't have to find an excuse to do certain things.

Go into your partners wardrobe, grab the trousers and put them on as quickly as possible........

jta 01 May 2011 05:15 PM

ye ye guys your either not married or full of **** lol

awdx4 01 May 2011 07:52 PM

Well I'm definitely married and drive the car on many a pointless journey with the wife's blessing :D But to be fair I encourage her to do what she enjoys and she knows I'm eccentric, obsessive and generally unpredictable and for some strange reason she actually likes those quirks. Whereas my previous wife, totally different beast :razz: Expensive to run, and once wound up would go on for hours :sleep: All part of sharing life I guess, as opposed to one half of the relationship simply sharing in the other's version of it :thumb:

Camoscooby 01 May 2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by MattyB1983 (Post 9993333)
Fortunately in my relationship I don't have to find an excuse to do certain things.

Go into your partners wardrobe, grab the trousers and put them on as quickly as possible........

:lol1::D

shane_evans 01 May 2011 07:59 PM

I bought the car out of bordom, plus it fits the bill of a family car very well and some fun for me. No excuse needed as she wont drive it.lol Plus she is use to me having bits of car all over the house. so if i driving it the house tidy.

CSW_Scoobie 01 May 2011 09:13 PM

Don't use an excuse. My wife loves to drive the scooby as much as I do so no excuse required.

Gary WRX 01 May 2011 09:45 PM

We only have the scoob as the mrs doesnt drive so I have no option but to take the scoob!

Pack_Scoob 01 May 2011 10:38 PM

How about sell one of the 2 other cars and use the proceeds to fund the fuel for the scooob?

Centurion73 01 May 2011 10:44 PM

Do we really need any excuse to drive a scooby !!

I brought my most recent one on the ideal that I would use it for a while as my work van as its a wagon and get rid of my leased astra 58 plate van. The wife had no objections as I was saving £320 per month haha and petrol is cheaper then derv hahah. Plus I brought her a new Zafira 150 CDti design spec this year so I m still in the good books haha

But on note to the above, I do find myself going out for pointless round trips just for the HELL of it ...

Living the dream ........... :-)

scottydog137 01 May 2011 10:46 PM

I had a golf VR6 and never used to drive it - used the Mrs BMW Mini as it was cheaper in fuel,

Now use the Scoob all the time as it is still cheaper in fuel than the VR6, but more fun!!!

The Mrs loves it as its cheaper for her and she never needs to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Paulo P 01 May 2011 10:49 PM

I'm also married and don't need an excuse to drive my Subaru :lol1: Since I bought my Subaru I rarely even bother driving my M3! :eek: I used to nick my wife's golf to avoid getting my M3 bumped but since I bought the scoob I don't even bother using her car anymore :)