ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   It never rains but it pours (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/884668-it-never-rains-but-it-pours.html)

wrx287 17 April 2011 01:47 PM

It never rains but it pours

Things were starting to look up last week when i had an interview with DHL about doing a work placement to coincide with my fork lift training which would see me get my RTITB licence in 6 weeks. But then on wednesday my gearbox decided it didnt like its oil and spat it out all over the M4. Supposed to start with DHL tomorrow for an induction day then start full time the following week but don't think i'll be there as i now have no transport:brickwall:brickwall
Managed to borrow my sisters car for tomorrow but thats it:(
Just my luck:razz:

Silver Scooby Sport 17 April 2011 01:52 PM

How far do you need to travel Calvin ? I think it's time to seriously consider buying a runabout there's plenty out there and it will pay for itself in fuel savings.

wrx287 17 April 2011 01:56 PM

It's about 20 miles a day Si. Cant afford to run 2 cars at the minute. As i wont be technically employed by DHL i will still be on the money im on now:(

Silver Scooby Sport 17 April 2011 01:58 PM

Nightmare situation.... it's something to consider when your in work though even if it means parking to Scoob up for a while until you get on your feet a little more.

KJD Mk1 17 April 2011 10:03 PM

Lady luck has sure kicked you in the balls of late, I hope things turn around for you very soon.:thumb:

Rally fan 555 17 April 2011 10:13 PM

Sorry Calv - I really hope you get sorted soon Mate - Bus/Train out of the question for a bit /

MisterMelon 17 April 2011 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 9991979)
Things were starting to look up last week when i had an interview with DHL about doing a work placement to coincide with my fork lift training which would see me get my RTITB licence in 6 weeks. But then on wednesday my gearbox decided it didnt like its oil and spat it out all over the M4. Supposed to start with DHL tomorrow for an induction day then start full time the following week but don't think i'll be there as i now have no transport:brickwall:brickwall
Managed to borrow my sisters car for tomorrow but thats it:(
Just my luck:razz:

What hours would these be dude? Im working in Llansamlet?

evil.soup 18 April 2011 08:00 AM

Gutted to hear about that mate, but desperate times require desperate measures so i am with Si on this one. SORN the car and get a runner for a few hundred quid. The Impreza for most if not all of us is as much a hobby as it is a car and sometimes you just have to put your hobby to one side for a short while.
Off the road the scoob will not be losing anything as classics seem to hold their money these days and it will give you time to get back on your feet. The runner you replace it with would probably sell for what you payed for it too so you could be in good shape in 12 months time and not even be out of pocket.

Worth thinking about but i know its not easy mate, hope it all works out for you.
Ian;)

mike watkins 18 April 2011 01:00 PM

there is a wrx gear box in bayliss recovery in bridgend should only want 150 for it , it come my engine would only take a couple of hour to change

wrx287 19 April 2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MisterMelon (Post 9992737)
What hours would these be dude? Im working in Llansamlet?

Im in the one in Capel Hendre Ry:thumb:

Car is now up with the Subaru Fixing Fairy. Hopefully its the seal where the driveshaft goes in to the box and will be a quick fix:thumb:

bluerigster 19 April 2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 9995171)
Im in the one in Capel Hendre Ry:thumb:

Car is now up with the Subaru Fixing Fairy. Hopefully its the seal where the driveshaft goes in to the box and will be a quick fix:thumb:

Replace your spigot bearing and realign your clutch when replacing the primary shaft seal. As these are common causes for primary shaft seal failures.:thumb: