ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Alternatives to a swirl pot (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/884438-alternatives-to-a-swirl-pot.html)

Budgie 15 April 2011 07:02 PM

Alternatives to a swirl pot

any ideas guys

786omar 15 April 2011 07:08 PM

http://www.hyperflow.com.au/index.ph...d=HYAST-WRX001

:thumb:

Budgie 15 April 2011 07:26 PM

nice find Omar, hope you are keeping well:thumb:

any more anyone?

Turbotits 15 April 2011 07:33 PM

Heres what i did. I didnt want a swirlpot either as my cars basically a road car and i do use the boot with kids stuff etc etc. I was getting surge at just under half a tank and the ring & in road use when giving it some at about quarter of a tank.
I have a walbro fitted so had the o/e pump sitting in the garage. Ive fitted the o/e pump in the nearside of the car attached to the sender on that side with the outlet pipe remaining in the tank running from n/s to o/s and pumping fuel straight on to the filter sock on the pump thats in the original position. Ive wired it manually to a switch so that i can switch it on when im giving it some and am low on fuel.

Make sure you use fuel pipe in the that is designed to be there in the tank >Its different to under bonnet stuff, which will disolve very quickly and block your pump filter sock up. Ive made that mistake lol

Havent had any surge problems since right down til the fuel light is on

Anger 15 April 2011 09:01 PM

I have a swirl pot and external pump and use my boot all the time, cant see why people cant use there boots with one

Budgie 15 April 2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Turbotits (Post 9989714)
Heres what i did. I didnt want a swirlpot either as my cars basically a road car and i do use the boot with kids stuff etc etc. I was getting surge at just under half a tank and the ring & in road use when giving it some at about quarter of a tank.
I have a walbro fitted so had the o/e pump sitting in the garage. Ive fitted the o/e pump in the nearside of the car attached to the sender on that side with the outlet pipe remaining in the tank running from n/s to o/s and pumping fuel straight on to the filter sock on the pump thats in the original position. Ive wired it manually to a switch so that i can switch it on when im giving it some and am low on fuel.

Make sure you use fuel pipe in the that is designed to be there in the tank >Its different to under bonnet stuff, which will disolve very quickly and block your pump filter sock up. Ive made that mistake lol

Havent had any surge problems since right down til the fuel light is on

thanks for that
will look into it

Budgie 15 April 2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 9989862)
I have a swirl pot and external pump and use my boot all the time, cant see why people cant use there boots with one

show me when you are next over James:thumb:

MurrayZA 15 April 2011 09:39 PM

I am fitting a Spec C in tank anti surge kit in my 05 DCCD to fix the same issue in the next couple of weeks.

Budgie 15 April 2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by MurrayZA (Post 9989947)
I am fitting a Spec C in tank anti surge kit in my 05 DCCD to fix the same issue in the next couple of weeks.

FBtuning told me about that one today
he said it could be what I am after
let me know how it goes please

dunx 15 April 2011 10:53 PM

Mount it against the front bulkhead, passenger side ?

dunx

Turbotits 16 April 2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 9989862)

Theres still a risk there aspecially with the way my kids throw stuff in lol. I do have the boot full laden pretty often and even with it totally empty have to be fussy the way i pack it to get everything i need in. Would just be another hassle i guess.

I think i'd also want a box build round it to keep it safe which just adds up to more trouble for me when ive cured it a different way