ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   tuning a r33 gts-t any one know these cars (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/884298-tuning-a-r33-gts-t-any-one-know-these-cars.html)

happydude303 14 April 2011 08:59 PM

tuning a r33 gts-t any one know these cars

my mate has an old l reg one and he not sure if the ecu can be mapped or does it need a chip or does it take a board like the old scoobys just wondered if any of you had had one of these machines in the past and may now a thing or two about them

Mus 14 April 2011 11:28 PM

steve at fc tuning is the andy forest of Nissan and he does travel to map.

200sex 14 April 2011 11:56 PM

as above amazing guy carnt recommend steve enough

Jolly Green Monster 15 April 2011 12:21 AM

Mapped a fair few on apexi, I suspect the standard ecu is mappable also though.

Try Ed at Fusion motorsport as he deals with all the nistune software etc

Simon

princey2k5 15 April 2011 05:45 PM

Owned one myself fella last year for 8 months. You can map the standard ECU but depends what power the car is putting out and what has been done to it. I mapped mine on a straight through system, HKS filter, Uprated fuel pump, Uprated Greddy Intercooler and BOV and thats about it. I know for a fact if you start replacing injectors, turbos or generally anything you'd consider above stage 1, they run like **** on standard Mapped ECUs for some odd reason but i know feck all about ECUs so id take advice from the jolly green one above me :lol:

happydude303 15 April 2011 06:22 PM

ive spoken to rising sun performance and they canmap this ecu fo rmy mate and he has what you have and a nice fmic to go on so they recon 300-320bhp which in that rear wheel drive machine should be quite fun becuas ei must admit it does like to go sideways LOL

Moley 15 April 2011 08:18 PM

RSP are VERY good, and not far from you.

A Skyline is in a different league to an Impreza in running costs though.

happydude303 15 April 2011 08:24 PM

it my mates doggetts machine, to be fair it not much more runnign cost then mine dude and i got him to insure through you , i think frasher sort him out p.s how is my renewal doing

Moley 15 April 2011 08:35 PM

Will check the renewal

Two friends of mine bought GTS's after having modified Impreza's, and were shocked by the costs. (fuel being the main one)

Richard @ RSP certainly knows his stuff.

happydude303 15 April 2011 08:41 PM

yeah i here that lol

harvey 16 April 2011 10:54 AM

If it is of any interest to you I have a new Hybrid GTS FMIC kit complete.
Absolute bargain at £225 plus postage.
These were a very popular mod on GTS when they were the rage 7-8 years ago.
harveysmith1@btopenworld.com

MartynJ 16 April 2011 12:26 PM

Stock ecu isn't mapable on it's own with open source style software as yet. You can use an ESL style daughterboard called Nistune, but it is still no replacement for a proper ecu like a Syvecs or Vipec.

Martyn

happydude303 16 April 2011 01:03 PM

yeah i here you all with the standalone ecu but my mate is only going to get tune with the mods he has, he is also a tight arse with money the poor car as only had one oil change in three years lol so the nis tune software is what he is going to do and that will be it for him