ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Neighbours dogs barking constantly. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/883964-neighbours-dogs-barking-constantly.html)

Jamo 12 April 2011 01:05 PM

Neighbours dogs barking constantly.

they are driving me crackers, they never stop.

what can be done LEGALLY?

talking to him is out by the way, so skip that part.

stilover 12 April 2011 01:07 PM

Airgun.

Either that or buy a bigger Dog.

Tidgy 12 April 2011 01:15 PM

complain about the noise to the council.

Hammie82 12 April 2011 01:17 PM

A dog that barks constantly is a bored or uncared for dog 90% of the time!!!
Id get in touch with the council and report the noise!!!!

If that does nothing for the situation contact the local dog warden / animal protection league!!! They will inspect the dogs surroundings and remove the animals if necessary

tony de wonderful 12 April 2011 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 9983823)
talking to him is out by the way, so skip that part.

Why, does he wear a Burka?:lol1:

Trout 12 April 2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hammie82 (Post 9983840)
A dog that barks constantly is a bored or uncared for dog 90% of the time!!!
Id get in touch with the council and report the noise!!!!

If that does nothing for the situation contact the local dog warden / animal protection league!!! They will inspect the dogs surroundings and remove the animals if necessary

Dogs being bored and barking a lot does not constitute animal cruelty - it is not grounds for having them taken away.

Jamz3k 12 April 2011 01:28 PM

Kill it, skin it and wear it during your local community centres next rendition of Little Red Ridinghood.

Hysteria1983 12 April 2011 01:33 PM

Is it in the garden, or in the house?

Is it alone?

I think that you need to tread carefully here, if you don't get on well enough to talk to him, then reporting him isn't going to help the situation.

urban 12 April 2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9983858)
Kill it, skin it and wear it during your local community centres next rendition of Little Red Ridinghood.

And don't forget to throw the carcass back over

Jamo 12 April 2011 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9983845)
Why, does he wear a Burka?:lol1:

a balaclava would be closer to the truth actually. lol

We already have a bigger dog, he just ignores them, its a staffy and a terrier thing, to be fair its the terrier that never shuts up.

they are outside most of the time till the owner gets bored of hearing them, then lets them inside.

I think he looks after them, but have never seen anyone walking them, which I think is part of the problem.

madscoob 12 April 2011 01:50 PM

laxative chocolate over the fence . dog owners house gets snowchemed in dog ****e . couple of large vets bills later they wont last long off to the dogs trust owner will offload . and for extra satisfaction be seen to be bringing a vax into your house , then when he asks to borrow it you can have the pleasure of asking him why he needs it :thumb:

Jamo 12 April 2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9983868)

I think that you need to tread carefully here, if you don't get on well enough to talk to him, then reporting him isn't going to help the situation.

I talk to him, but wouldnt want to complain to him.

Devildog 12 April 2011 01:55 PM

Mate,

Terrier next door does it. Gets walked, gets looked after, gets attention. Our two just ignore it.

Some dogs do like the sound of their own voice. Is it worse when you or Ty are in the garden?

Trout 12 April 2011 01:56 PM

Is this your neighbour?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0LoTWhzoRt...an-Lidth-5.jpg

Just man up fella - we are all right behind you...

...running away!!!!

Jer 12 April 2011 01:58 PM

Has anyone used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOG-BARK-STOPP...#ht_1416wt_905

CREWJ 12 April 2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 9983899)
laxative chocolate over the fence . dog owners house gets snowchemed in dog ****e . couple of large vets bills later they wont last long off to the dogs trust owner will offload . and for extra satisfaction be seen to be bringing a vax into your house , then when he asks to borrow it you can have the pleasure of asking him why he needs it :thumb:

Awesome!

But I couldn't do that to the dogs....

yorvik 12 April 2011 02:47 PM

First step should be to have a word with the owner....but if as you say thats not possible you need to contact the Environmental Health Department at the local Council.
They usually write to the owner saying that they have had a complaint (they won`t tell who it was) and should issue you with a diary sheet to make a note of dates and times.
If necessary they can install monitoring equipment on your property. If proven it can end up with the council taking the owner to Court.

SpecDscooby 12 April 2011 03:16 PM

Why so despirate to avoid talking to him?...that is the 1st thing the council or the law will tell you to do...Read David and Goliath quickly to set your mind at rest...

chocolate_o_brian 12 April 2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 9983899)

So you think it's a good idea to deliberately make a dog ill? :Whatever_

Sorry, but thats a twats post and a twats idea. :nono:

Jamo 12 April 2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jer (Post 9983913)

thanks mate :)

Ive just emailed a few people that have purchased them to ask if they work.

DD yes mate.

Jamo 12 April 2011 04:01 PM

hes not big just a bit scary, and un-approachable when it comes to the dogs..

Scooby Soon! 12 April 2011 04:03 PM

I have experience of this, the council does work will post the procedure if you need it as my mum and dad had a problem neighbour, which ended up with the council planning on taking the dog away in the next 30 days unless she shut them up.

I also had a new neighbour move in about a month ago 2 doors away there dog did not stop barking for 2 hours, the next day the same so i went round the following morning at 6.30 and knocked on the door until he came to it in his y fronts and said that if he wants to let his dog bark non stop keep it in his house and that I dont want to hear it again, thankfully not heard a pip from it since I am so glad I nipped it in the bud as I am sure it will still be barking now!

SpecDscooby 12 April 2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 9984074)

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...1251904186.jpg

talk to him, he might be really sorry; if not at least you tried.....

wrxsti280 12 April 2011 04:37 PM

Im sorry to say this, but we have 2 west highland terriers, well looked after, walked, fed well etc etc, and the fookn things never stop yapping, its inherent in that type of dog, not a lot you can do

rabbos 12 April 2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by wrxsti280 (Post 9984142)
Im sorry to say this, but we have 2 west highland terriers, well looked after, walked, fed well etc etc, and the fookn things never stop yapping, its inherent in that type of dog, not a lot you can do

:lol:
... and not trained to keep quiet. It can be done, saying otherwise is lazy, ignorant and massively inconsiderate on anyone who can hear them barking.:cuckoo:

Lee247 12 April 2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 9984074)

We've got the same problem. Neighbour is an ar$e and his dogs are a nuisance.
Living on a farm, his barn conversion is slightly up from ours, with a stone wall inbetween us. His Mastiff has took to jumping on to the roof of the dog house, against the wall, and standing staring into our back yard.
Our GSD does not like it one bit.
Neighbours dog is now venturing onto our wall. If it get's into our yard, it will be awful.
Plus we are wanting to sell. Can't see it being easy with that dog barking all the time and staring at folks walking along the back of our house. :mad:

madscoob 12 April 2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9984052)
So you think it's a good idea to deliberately make a dog ill? :Whatever_

Sorry, but thats a twats post and a twats idea. :nono:

just checked in the mirror and guess what i look fook all like a pregnant goldfish :hjtwofing it works and as for giving a dog the ****s i wouldnt call that making it ill more like revenge on the ignorant owner who allows them to bark thier knackers off , in fact i would probably sit outside his house at 2500rpm and wait for him to complain then say ooh sorry is my car almost as loud as you fuking dogs

ditchmyster 12 April 2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by rabbos (Post 9984188)
:lol:
... and not trained to keep quiet. It can be done, saying otherwise is lazy, ignorant and massively inconsiderate on anyone who can hear them barking.:cuckoo:

iv'e got two parson jack russells and people think it's strange they dont bark and do exactly as they are told and dont need leads.
its called training

pslewis 12 April 2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by wrxsti280 (Post 9984142)

There is a LOT you can do!!!

Squirt water in their faces when they yap ... they will stop - people like you are lazy and think you have the right to allow your dogs to annoy everyone else!!!

Makes me MAD!! :mad:

chocolate_o_brian 12 April 2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 9984363)
just checked in the mirror and guess what i look fook all like a pregnant goldfish :hjtwofing it works and as for giving a dog the ****s i wouldnt call that making it ill more like revenge on the ignorant owner who allows them to bark thier knackers off , in fact i would probably sit outside his house at 2500rpm and wait for him to complain then say ooh sorry is my car almost as loud as you fuking dogs

:freak3: