ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Absolute Proof that the Irish are Thick as ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/883567-absolute-proof-that-the-irish-are-thick-as.html)

pslewis 09 April 2011 06:23 PM

Absolute Proof that the Irish are Thick as ...

They removed the cones and barriers to drive around a Transit Van with a wheelie bin bomb inside!! Thick Irish *****'s :lol1:

"Police warned motorists ignoring or moving cones that they had a "blatant disregard" for safety.

On Saturday, Chief Superintendent Robinson said it was "unfortunate" that, while police were absent from the area, motorists had the opportunity to move the cones and drive past the van.

However, he added that even when police were present, one motorist still tried to drive through the cordon and had to be stopped by officers"

Source:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13023315

tony de wonderful 09 April 2011 06:34 PM

Are the Northern Irish Irish?

The Dogs B******s 09 April 2011 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9979430)

They are to me.

EH52WRX 09 April 2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9979430)

Shut Up Man :D Of course they are :Whatever_, they are all Irish aren't they. :wonder:

Jamie 09 April 2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9979469)
Shut Up Man :D Of course they are :Whatever_, they are all Irish aren't they. :wonder:

So you are forgetting the fact most are Icelanders/Scottish/Normans/Flemish/Welsh/Picts/Bretons/Gauls to name a few ???

Jamz3k 09 April 2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9979469)

I dislike being referred to as Irish as I have never thought of myself as Irish but realistically I am. I tend to prefer British at best, Northern Irish at worst.

tony de wonderful 09 April 2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9979487)
So you are forgetting the fact most are Icelanders/Scottish/Normans/Flemish/Welsh/Picts/Bretons/Gauls to name a few ???

Depends if you are talking about ethnic origins or about Nationality.

EH52WRX 09 April 2011 08:17 PM

Ah bless, we are all god children, aren't we. Maybe not, Jock Tamsons kids then. LOL

Jamie 09 April 2011 08:40 PM

I was replying to your post#2 Tony

s70rjw 09 April 2011 08:42 PM

Sections of the public living on the Mainland do exactly the same. Its nothing to do with ethnic origins, its to do with lack of intelligence and "Doesn't apply to me " mentality

ALi-B 10 April 2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9979489)
I dislike being referred to as Irish as I have never thought of myself as Irish but realistically I am. I tend to prefer British at best, Northern Irish at worst.

Can we just call you a northerner? :)

It appears the area was left unattended for a short period. Which was very short sighted of the police considering the suspicions about the van.

Jamz3k 10 April 2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 9980270)
Can we just call you a northerner? :)

As long as you don't call me Irish or Paddy, I'll be grand.

This actually reminded me of French in school. When we learnt to say I live in Northern Ireland the real translation was I live in the North of Ireland which in my mind is 2 separate things as I don't live in the North of Ireland, I live in NORTHERN Ireland. I caused many an argument.

hutton_d 10 April 2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9979414)
... On Saturday, Chief Superintendent Robinson said it was "unfortunate" that, while police were absent from the area, motorists had the opportunity to move the cones and drive past the van. ...

Firstly, the "thick" ones are the ones who planted the bomb in the first place. If you think it's all gone quiet in NI because it doesn't make the UK papers then you need to get out more ....

Secondly, WTF were the police doing "leaving" the scene of a suspected car bomb????????

Dave

urban 10 April 2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9980653)
Firstly, the "thick" ones are the ones who planted the bomb in the first place. If you think it's all gone quiet in NI because it doesn't make the UK papers then you need to get out more ....

Exactly - they are the "thick" b@stards, and I really don't understand what they are trying to achieve.
NO ONE wants to go back to the dark times.
These whores complain about the "british", however they are more than glad to accept the dole handouts.

Secondly, WTF were the police doing "leaving" the scene of a suspected car bomb????????

I've have no idea, but it was a disgrace

Oh, and for the original posters question.
I am British, perhaps Northern Irish, but definately not Irish.

Jamz3k 10 April 2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9980786)

Whatever we are, least we're not English! Probably the most disliked society on the planet other than Americans at the mo!

ditchmyster 10 April 2011 06:07 PM

I am British, perhaps Northern Irish, but definately not Irish.[/QUOTE]

Please forgive my ignorance but i dont understand why you have a problem with being called Irish.

Oh and im not trying to get your back up i just dont get it.
presumably you were born there ergo born in ireland = irish

no offence intended....

scubbay 10 April 2011 06:10 PM

Im Irish Jamz3k but still have the dry wit not to drive an Alfa. Born in England but rared in Ireland with common sense to drive an Impreza.

Jamz3k 10 April 2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by scubbay (Post 9980868)
Im Irish Jamz3k but still have the dry wit not to drive an Alfa. Born in England but rared in Ireland with common sense to drive an Impreza.

English and Irish? You have my condolences.

urban 11 April 2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 9980857)

Please forgive my ignorance but i dont understand why you have a problem with being called Irish.

Oh and im not trying to get your back up i just dont get it.
presumably you were born there ergo born in ireland = irish

no offence intended....

I don't have a problem with it as such.

The fact that I was born and raised in the North of the Island and have a British passport sort of indicates differently
Anyway - its a long story ;

Funkii Munkii 11 April 2011 11:00 AM

Dave

+1
Couldn't believe that was left unattended, it beggars belief.

So when are the coalition forces going in ? Oh hold on the potato market isn't as important as the oil market, maybe we'll let them off then......

The War on Terror, well only if you have oil and minerals, if it's Chorizo or Potato we're not interested.

Leslie 11 April 2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9979414)
They removed the cones and barriers to drive around a Transit Van with a wheelie bin bomb inside!! Thick Irish *****'s :lol1:

"Police warned motorists ignoring or moving cones that they had a "blatant disregard" for safety.

On Saturday, Chief Superintendent Robinson said it was "unfortunate" that, while police were absent from the area, motorists had the opportunity to move the cones and drive past the van.

However, he added that even when police were present, one motorist still tried to drive through the cordon and had to be stopped by officers"

Source:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13023315

Having been rather rude,have you got a mirror on a stick for checking purposes?

Les

salsa-king 11 April 2011 12:36 PM

http://urlybits.com/wp-content/uploa...ish-Accent.jpg

for all the plastic paddy's :lol:

salsa-king 11 April 2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9980815)
Whatever we are, least we're not English! Probably the most disliked society on the planet other than Americans at the mo!

I think we should give back NI to SI, and when we leave we take with us all benefits, housing/child etc and every hand out us tick English give to all the hangers on from our empire dayz.

:lol:

Jamz3k 11 April 2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 9982064)
I think we should give back NI to SI, and when we leave we take with us all benefits, housing/child etc and every hand out us tick English give to all the hangers on from our empire dayz.

I'd laugh if you English did, without Norn Iron, Scottish and Welsh brave soldiers willing to have their brains blown out for Britain you lot would be defenseless and scewed!

Take your benefits and dog licenses and shove them up your jacksy!

I'm aff to walk me daag.:D

pslewis 11 April 2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9981914)
Having been rather rude,have you got a mirror on a stick for checking purposes?

Les

Of course I have, Les ... and so has the Guard at the gate when I drive in!

Dr Hu 11 April 2011 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9980270)
It appears the area was left unattended for a short period. Which was very short sighted of the police considering the suspicions about the van.

Bloody Hell.... the police here would have closed the county, and probably the three surrounding counties.... (just to be sure!)....

bigsinky 11 April 2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9981888)
I don't have a problem with it as such.

Neither do I. i know what I am and have no airs and graces. a bog trotting thick oirish potato eating pikey.

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9981888)
Anyway - its a long story ;

about 90 fcuking years too long

bigsinky 11 April 2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 9982064)

SI?? WTF is SI? oh you mean Eire. Your wee englander empire is pretty small now anyway. And believe it or not the dole scroungers would actually be better off in the welfare state in Eire. So a Jamz says take your paltry imperialist handouts and shove them up your bangle.

bigsinky 11 April 2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 9982126)
Bloody Hell.... the police here would have closed the county, and probably the three surrounding counties.... (just to be sure!)....

the joys of living in a country that had active guerilla terrorist organisations on both sides of the community. they knew how to blow stuff up, kill sqaddies with one shot from a mile away, extort money from businesses to finance their operational activities.

on the plus side we have some of the most skilled trauma surgeons in the world, and some of the toughest soldiers

macmac 11 April 2011 03:30 PM

im 100% irish , wat are ye sayin ?????? :hjtwofing

:eek: