ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone else watching the Louis Theroux programme on BBC2?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/882741-anyone-else-watching-the-louis-theroux-programme-on-bbc2.html)

ritchie21 03 April 2011 09:39 PM

Anyone else watching the Louis Theroux programme on BBC2??

Frightening! :eek::eek:

At least the girl who left described it right as being a cult.

It greatly saddens me that people still hold beliefs such as these, as strongly as they do (and yes I know everyone holds a right to believe what they choose).

I can't undestand people who believe that it's right to picket the funerals of soldiers who have died in service to their countries, to picket funeral of gays, muslims etc.

:confused::(:(

I am not starting this thread to cause anything inflammatory, just feeling really rather shocked.

joz8968 03 April 2011 09:42 PM

Anyone else watching the Louis Theroux programme on BBC2??
Yes.

I am.

Dirk Diggler 75 03 April 2011 09:46 PM

Twisted Crackpots......Yeehaa.....

GlesgaKiss 03 April 2011 10:02 PM

Yeah, I was glad to see that first girl seeming really grounded now. This program just made them look even more ridiculous than ever, and to be honest it's difficult not to pity them.

mgcvk 04 April 2011 09:09 AM

Astonishing really. What happened to all the people born before the birth of Jesus? Did they all go straight to Hell because they couldn't be saved? Not really their fault is it! :wall: And another thing, wouldn't an eternity in heaven sat by the side of the Lord and Jesus and Mother Mary and the Holy Ghost and all their little pixies get a bit boring? Do they have playstation?

STi wanna Subaru 04 April 2011 09:37 AM

Their views are no different than anybody who holds a religious belief. They just have rather extreme interpretations of the bible in this case. In a way I admire them for having the courage of their convictions and beliefs. Certainly the same can not be said for most other people with religious beliefs who pick and choose which bits they want to suit their lifestyle.

dpb 04 April 2011 09:44 AM

celebrating someones death , come on :wall:

Camoscooby 04 April 2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9970298)
Their views are no different than anybody who holds a religious belief. They just have rather extreme interpretations of the bible in this case. In a way I admire them for having the courage of their convictions and beliefs. Certainly the same can not be said for most other people with religious beliefs who pick and choose which bits they want to suit their lifestyle.

I think your first statement is total bullocks.

Your second one, no better.

:mad:

EddScott 04 April 2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9970298)
Their views are no different than anybody who holds a religious belief.

Really?

I would not be surprised that the lot of them are found dead after a mass suicide - bit like that one in the jungle in the 80s??

Look at how many children are there - poor little sods.

J4CKO 04 April 2011 12:54 PM

They are Statistically insignificant, good telly and that's it, just some inbred wierdos out to get some attention by shock.

I would say picketing a dead soldiers funeral with placards celebrating his demise is a pretty dangerous game in a country with widespread and enthusiastic gun ownership, wouldnt surprise me if they didnt get shot in the street for that.

sovietspybob 04 April 2011 01:09 PM

I'll have to watch that on iplayer when i get home.

I remember the original one and that was quite shocking, if someone did that at a funeral of a family member of mine they'd be unconscious on the floor pretty shortly after they started...

STi wanna Subaru 04 April 2011 02:45 PM

A religious belief is one based purely on faith an interpretation of some form of text. There are many different interpretations and many different texts. On the basis that if one is 'right' the rest must be wrong and who is to say which one is right? I personally believe they're all based on false hope.

These people have their faith the same as the Jehovah's Witnesses who will let their own children die over a blood transfusion yet they are seen as a credible religion. The Catholics who hold or held the view every sperm is sacred. All these views are ****ed up to a sane non-brainwashed person yet because this group is controversial with their views they care classed as nutters?! They're nutters in my eyes but no more or less than anybody who has religious beliefs.

53 04 April 2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by mgcvk (Post 9970260)
Astonishing really. What happened to all the people born before the birth of Jesus? Did they all go straight to Hell because they couldn't be saved? Not really their fault is it! :wall: And another thing, wouldn't an eternity in heaven sat by the side of the Lord and Jesus and Mother Mary and the Holy Ghost and all their little pixies get a bit boring? Do they have playstation?

:lol1: You're not familiar with the Easter story then. :) It's all a load of bollox but it is interesting bollox :)

Doobs Scoob 04 April 2011 03:26 PM

I'm not religious at all but watched this and thought they were all mental! Their extreme views are wrong IMO and to pass it onto all the children is just plain cruel!
And the dude who claims he is "Speaking Gods words" I'd throw a Bible at him and ask him to show me the word "hate" or "fags" anywhere in it!

stormyuklondon1 05 April 2011 11:38 AM

having watched this i came to the conclusion that IF there is a heaven, and by some fluke i manage to get in there, if this bunch of cluster cnuts are the only residents, id make my excuses and head straight for the hot place. theres going to be a much nicer class of clientele down there if these people are anything to go by.

joz8968 05 April 2011 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by stormyuklondon1 (Post 9972228)
...cluster cnuts...

:lol1:

Yeah, it'd be one great big cluster fvck. :(

Dirk Diggler 75 05 April 2011 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by stormyuklondon1 (Post 9972228)
having watched this i came to the conclusion that IF there is a heaven, and by some fluke i manage to get in there, if this bunch of cluster cnuts are the only residents, id make my excuses and head straight for the hot place. theres going to be a much nicer class of clientele down there if these people are anything to go by.

:lol1:.....Praise the lord.....Yes siree....

JTaylor 05 April 2011 12:40 PM

The lady with MS brought a tear to my eye.

TopBanana 05 April 2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 9972340)
The lady with MS brought a tear to my eye.

MS is not a laughing matter :mad:

JTaylor 05 April 2011 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 9972442)

I trust you're being facetious as I was being sincere. The cruelty was heartbreaking.

legb4rsk 05 April 2011 02:42 PM

Insignificant,small-minded,ignorant bigots who feel inferior or threatened in the real world have invented a 'religion' that, in their minds, makes them imagine they have some credibility & group together with others of the same ilk to justify each others position & give each other support .
Self-deluded fools.

JTaylor 05 April 2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 9972548)
Insignificant,small-minded,ignorant bigots who feel inferior or threatened in the real world have invented a 'religion' that, in their minds, makes them imagine they have some credibility & group together with others of the same ilk to justify each others position & give each other support .
Self-deluded fools.

Excluding the word 'insignificant', one could properly apply this description to numerous religions. :o

J4CKO 05 April 2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 9972442)

Don't think that was what he was saying, I saw that bit and agree it was hard to watch.

speye91 05 April 2011 08:51 PM

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/westb...-locals-refuse

astraboy 05 April 2011 09:47 PM

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-3...urch-protest-s
worth a look for the lulz.
If I were stateside, I'd make it my mission to dump a bag of MDMA crystal in their water supply, then film the results :D
astraboy.

TopBanana 07 April 2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 9972526)
I trust you're being facetious as I was being sincere. The cruelty was heartbreaking.

Yes I was. To be fair to the Westboro woman, seemed like a genuine mistake.

Tidgy 07 April 2011 12:17 PM

tbh wasn't anything new, althought he older woman seems to just have become louder and more bizar. also seems to be alot less 'followers' than last time he was there

JTaylor 07 April 2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 9975840)
Yes I was. To be fair to the Westboro woman, seemed like a genuine mistake.

I think that flicker was her ego, not regret; I didn't hear her apologise. Still, thanks for responding. :thumb: