ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/)
-   -   local Scoobys (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-yorkshire-impreza-owners-club-wyioc-366/882357-local-scoobys.html)

kyle2k10 01 April 2011 12:47 PM

local Scoobys

Hi all thought id make a post seen a few scoobys last few days wondered if members on here say a Blue classic shape and a white classic, speeding about and seen a few halk eyes in dewsbury/ossett

stringostar 05 May 2011 07:42 PM

have you seen the orange s reg kicking around hecky.. its driven by a coloured lad and looks mint?

kyle2k10 07 May 2011 10:30 AM

yea seen that before looks nice in like a st orange

4WaLLs 07 May 2011 06:10 PM

yeah I've seen a few in the Harrogate area lately as well :)

RS_Matt 15 May 2011 11:58 AM

Seen a few in Ryhill the last few weeks, I know 3-4 local folk who have got rid of theirs recently but there seems to be a new influx. 2 are driven by Blonde girls!

PAUL CRAFTS 17 May 2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 10040206)
Seen a few in Ryhill the last few weeks, I know 3-4 local folk who have got rid of theirs recently but there seems to be a new influx. 2 are driven by Blonde girls!

Hi mate would you be the chippy man by any chance, my scooby is on a different thread on here if you take a look,,,, it's in a garage in Havercroft...

RS_Matt 17 May 2011 07:44 PM

I saw one of the threads where you'd chopped the hell out of the doors, It inspired me to race to the car and start chiseling off the sound deadening in the boot but the wife came out and played hell. I'd love to take mine all the way but I've got to compromise :(

chris84 23 May 2011 05:16 AM

seen a couple of newage scoobys near Garforth, always seem to be racing each other :luxhello:

one is blue and the other is black, think they may belong to people on here. i know there are a few newage owners living in my area on here i think.

who are you?

GordonC 22 June 2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by chris84 (Post 10053285)
seen a couple of newage scoobys near Garforth, always seem to be racing each other :luxhello:

one is blue and the other is black, think they may belong to people on here. i know there are a few newage owners living in my area on here i think.

who are you?

I'm round Garforth-Woodlesford way quite a bit - Blue WRX Hatch.

FroSt1 22 June 2011 12:41 PM

I'm in Kippax, blue newage, but I just race everyone :norty:

chris84 22 June 2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by FroSt1 (Post 10101959)
I'm in Kippax, blue newage, but I just race everyone :norty:

suspect it was you, someone said it might be you and dunx back when dunx was still on the road.

chris84 22 June 2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by GordonC (Post 10101942)

not seen any of the hatchbacks around me although that's not surprising, don't drive round my area so only really see people when i'm on my way in and out of kippax.

eggy790 22 June 2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by chris84 (Post 10053285)

who are you?

lol if they both had private reg's, could be me and my mate..

chris84 22 June 2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 10102142)

now that's asking. wasn't paying too much attention to the reg.

i was going down selby road towards leeds just before garforth roundabout at the bottom of the dual carriage way. they were going the opposit way, pratically side by side on the roundabout.

soon as i spotted them the missus said "NO". the thought of flying round the roundabout and giving chase only went through my mind for a brief second (had to be somewhere) :D

eggy790 23 June 2011 10:19 AM

i dont think that was us as we havnt beend own that side together recently lol but i like how your mrs knew exactly what you were thinking lol

dunx 23 June 2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by chris84 (Post 10101990)
suspect it was you, someone said it might be you and dunx back when dunx was still on the road.

You Sir are due a slap... ;)

dunx

P.S. As a semi-professional driver I merely tutor the unwise and guide the unworthy...

P.P.S. Aren't the scamera vans often up that stretch ?

chris84 23 June 2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 10104298)
You Sir are due a slap... ;)

dunx

P.S. As a semi-professional driver I merely tutor the unwise and guide the unworthy...

P.P.S. Aren't the scamera vans often up that stretch ?

Usually a Volvo parked just over the brow of the hill going the other way before the motorway junction. Sometimes they have a van parked on the grass next to the roundabout but it's easily spotted from the top of the hill.

Coming down the dual carriage way last night I spotted a VXR8 in the distance :norty: Went all the way round towards Swillington and tried to get away doing exactly 40mph ;) sat on his arse up until he made the mistake of turning onto a country road I know very well. Don't know if it was the car or his driving but he seemed to have to slow an awful lot for the bends, ended up having to pass him just after a sweeping bend. Nearly bought one of those as well.

FroSt1 24 June 2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 10103278)
i dont think that was us as we havnt beend own that side together recently lol but i like how your mrs knew exactly what you were thinking lol

My missus just says "Ian, DON'T"......................
Do I take any notice......................sometimes :lol1:

FroSt1 24 June 2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 10102142)

Mines private too.........:notworthy

BTW it wasn't me, nobody gets side by side with me:nono: :thumb:

AdamJ 24 June 2011 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by chris84 (Post 10102151)
soon as i spotted them the missus said "NO". the thought of flying round the roundabout and giving chase only went through my mind for a brief second (had to be somewhere) :D

You have one of those too... :freak3:

On the subject I keep seeing a very nice P1 around, saw it yesterday about 6pm on ring road outside ferrari JCT, driver wearing a suit :thumb:, seen the same one a fair bit on Tong road heading towards drig... anyone?

dunx 24 June 2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by FroSt1 (Post 10104784)
Mines private too.........:notworthy

BTW it wasn't me, nobody gets side by side with me:nono: :thumb:

Hard to get side-by-side if I can't keep up :lol1:

dunx

fl6 24 June 2011 02:39 PM

i work in woodlesford, fleet lane 56 sport will keep an eye out for you :thumb:

fl6 24 June 2011 02:43 PM

do you go down bullerthorpe lane if so iv follow'd you be for :thumb:

fl6 24 June 2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4WaLLs (Post 10027448)
yeah I've seen a few in the Harrogate area lately as well :)

im in harrogate as well :thumb:

chieftain333 24 June 2011 04:06 PM

I'm usually floating around in my White STI wagon,mostly Bradford/yeadon area :)

GordonC 25 June 2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by fl6 (Post 10105150)
do you go down bullerthorpe lane if so iv follow'd you be for :thumb:

Yeah, I'm up and down there fairly often heading back from work in Horsforth (to Methley). It's my route when traffic all other ways is humped!

Is yours a blue hawkeye?

fl6 25 June 2011 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by GordonC (Post 10106351)
Yeah, I'm up and down there fairly often heading back from work in Horsforth (to Methley). It's my route when traffic all other ways is humped!

Is yours a blue hawkeye?

yes with a white scooby doooooooooooooo on the bonnet

GordonC 27 June 2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by fl6 (Post 10106443)
yes with a white scooby doooooooooooooo on the bonnet

Yup, I remember. It was a few weeks back. Not an easily forgettable car if you don't mind me saying! Nice to have 'met' :)

RS_Matt 27 June 2011 02:15 PM

I saw a black newage going through Middlestown yesterday evening, it had the large Roger Clark decals down the sides. It took off down Middlestown lane for a legendary blast against my unbeaten ride but slowed down straight away.

It did have an urgency that worried me but I suppose we'll never find out :(