ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Holiday at home ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/882097-holiday-at-home.html)

J4CKO 30 March 2011 05:41 PM

Holiday at home ?

Just a thought,

Have a decent-ish budget, to take the wife and kids away (3 boys, 12,14,15), was thinking that we spend all this money to go somewhere hot, invariably they get bored and you have spent all that money on flights and accomodation, we have accomodation at home we have payed for anyway and we wouldnt need flights so was thinking I would take a week or twos leave and do some activity with them every day, not all cheap stuff either, memorable stuff like,

Palmer JP1 Driving experience / Rally Experience

Alton Towers

Helicopter Flight

Powered Watersport of some kind (Powerboat, Jet Ski etc)

Cinema

Meals out

Concert/Show of some kind

Air Museum

Motor Racing event, Oulton Park, Santa Pod or something.

Chill Factore Ski thing

Banger Racing

Go Karting

All three are going on some kind of school trip to cover the travel aspect, then perhaps get the in laws/my parents to have them for a couple of days and go away with the missus in a nice hotel.

Any additional ideas (Manchester and surrounding areas), just thinking of doing a really special week where they dont get chance to get bored and do stuff they dont normally do, what do you think of the general idea ?

what would scooby do 30 March 2011 05:44 PM

and go away with the missus in a nice hotel
go bang

:D

DCI Gene Hunt 30 March 2011 05:45 PM

or even better leave lardy arse at home and get a hooker :D

Account deleted by request 30 March 2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9962415)
go bang

Painters radio?

Chop

njkmrs 30 March 2011 08:52 PM

Sounds good ,but you make sure you pre -book the events otherwise if your anything like me the week goes by without doing anything because of one thing or another .

what would scooby do 30 March 2011 08:56 PM

I was going to suggest paintballing but as you are from the Manchester area you probably wouldn't find it exciting after being used to live rounds flying about :D

beef-on-the-bone 30 March 2011 09:03 PM

sounds like it could be an awesome week!!

imagine it would take a fair bit of organising to avoid any lulls in the proceedings, and have some back-ups in place du to weather/cancellations etc...........

Steve vRS 30 March 2011 09:31 PM

Won't the boys be too young for the driving experiences?

Daytona Karting in Trafford or the one in Warrington might fit the bill there though!

Steve

hodgy0_2 30 March 2011 09:38 PM

sounds good, looks a busy day tbh, just the rest of the week to sort out though

pslewis 30 March 2011 09:59 PM

What you doing in the afternoon?

Good idea however - take them camping for a few nights, take a couple of rods and catch Trout for the Barbie!!

joz8968 30 March 2011 10:01 PM

The Aviary, Leicester. :D

what would scooby do 30 March 2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Steve vRS (Post 9962975)
Won't the boys be too young for the driving experiences?

Not if they are from Lancashire :D

Steve vRS 30 March 2011 10:19 PM

Lancashire -Where the poor from Cheshire live ;)

Stve

Leslie 31 March 2011 10:39 AM

Sounds like a good idea J4CKO, you are right of course about holiday destinations becoming boring.

Using the travel and accommodation money to do something more interesting seems like it could be quite an advantage.

Les