ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   9 Speed Campag bar end shifters (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/882071-9-speed-campag-bar-end-shifters.html)

dpb 30 March 2011 03:57 PM

9 Speed Campag bar end shifters

Any idea where ?

Thinking buying complete tri bar setup for triathlon later this year , but not if i have to go to a friction system or a cut down 10 speed system ( 100 quid for the shifters alone ) - even if it did work

No idea which section this should be in , sorry

hux309 30 March 2011 04:21 PM

Chain reaction cycles?

Wurzel 30 March 2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 9962229)
Chain reaction cycles?

Just don't pay by credit card :D

alcazar 30 March 2011 04:48 PM

I'd say Chain Reaction, but TartyBikes are also good.

hux309 30 March 2011 07:18 PM

Hah yeah meant to add that. Then again same goes for wiggle :)

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 9962236)
Just don't pay by credit card :D

B0DSKI 30 March 2011 07:43 PM

Ribble cycles would be my choice

gpssti4 30 March 2011 07:53 PM

Ricci may have some

dpb 30 March 2011 08:07 PM

Oh dear , how embarrassing :o

just looked at the rear sprocket and its 10 speed afterall , dont know why i thought it was 9 speed - i guess because it ten years old , i started off with 8 speed and they are apparently up to 11 speed now :wonder:

So guess its a 100 quid unless theres second hand somewhere

gpssti4 30 March 2011 08:12 PM

lol

I started off racing on 6 and 7 speeds. I still have my (now classic) road and time trial bikes - SL, SLX, 753 etc. My 'best' bikes are Campag C Record. How I wish I had kept the groupset boxes!!!

dpb 30 March 2011 08:26 PM

Ah right , i just had a 531 frame / groupset i built up myself ( 1986 ? )

yes there certainly seems to be a market for the vintage stuff , ebay et al !

alcazar 30 March 2011 09:23 PM

Try e-bay, shifters come on there all the time after Campag/Shimano add an extra cog.:(

Midlife...... 30 March 2011 11:29 PM

gpssti4

I know what you mean.......I've got a couple of bikes in the garage which once upon a time had Campag Super Record or Smimano Dura ace on but over the years it's dribbled away :(

Just got a Basso.........what a real nice ride:)

Shaun

gpssti4 31 March 2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 9963257)
gpssti4

I know what you mean.......I've got a couple of bikes in the garage which once upon a time had Campag Super Record or Smimano Dura ace on but over the years it's dribbled away :(

Just got a Basso.........what a real nice ride:)

Shaun

Basso.................... :lol1: I've got two!

My road bike is an SLX Basso from 1989 and my TT bike is a 1991 SL Basso complete with a 650c front wheel. Both are in yellow/green/black as per the original Basso colours. I worked for the Basso importer/stockest in the late 1980's. :)

ScoobySteve69 31 March 2011 12:03 PM

I only ever buy from Wiggle ;-)

markr1963 31 March 2011 12:39 PM

How about these?
Campagnolo 10 speed bar end shift levers

Midlife...... 31 March 2011 12:54 PM

Gpssti4

The two bikes I have in the garage are a Bianchi Road bike and a Bob Jackson Time Trial bikefrom the late 70's, the plan in the summer was to find all the old bits and resurrect one of them from the debris in the garage........ I could't find the time so went out shoping for a new bike to tool around on.

Trek, Boardman, Pinarello, Giant etc were all looked at but I was impressed by the classy finish of the Basso in technical terms, impresively smoothed joints and almost flawless paint and laquer job..........and it was a classic shape and not a prissy compact LOL

I got the Reef, Ok it's only campag Veloce and microtech but the frame is so nice I can always change bits as needed. The ride is nice too :)

My work colleage opposite has a Basso Astra, a lot more expensive but I couldn't justify the cost. The Basso was simply the best made frame for the dosh I was willing to spend :D

Shaun

dpb 31 March 2011 12:58 PM

Your paying even more than us Mark :eek: , theyr about 120 here new

gpssti4 01 April 2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 9963803)
Gpssti4

The two bikes I have in the garage are a Bianchi Road bike and a Bob Jackson Time Trial bikefrom the late 70's, the plan in the summer was to find all the old bits and resurrect one of them from the debris in the garage........ I could't find the time so went out shoping for a new bike to tool around on.

Trek, Boardman, Pinarello, Giant etc were all looked at but I was impressed by the classy finish of the Basso in technical terms, impresively smoothed joints and almost flawless paint and laquer job..........and it was a classic shape and not a prissy compact LOL

I got the Reef, Ok it's only campag Veloce and microtech but the frame is so nice I can always change bits as needed. The ride is nice too :)

My work colleage opposite has a Basso Astra, a lot more expensive but I couldn't justify the cost. The Basso was simply the best made frame for the dosh I was willing to spend :D

Shaun

I wish I could justify spending money on a new bike, but the last time I went out with a group I was dropped on the second climb. I need to get somemore miles in my old legs first lol :)