ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Mids Imprezas (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-mids-imprezas-433/)
-   -   Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-mids-imprezas-433/881748-brakes.html)

bazil smallwood 28 March 2011 01:57 PM

Brakes

I've been having a problem with judder on my front discs. I spoke to the supplier about this and they said i need to get them skimmed on the car. Has anyone ever had to do this or even heard of it ?:cuckoo:

Lagamorph 28 March 2011 05:23 PM

heard of it but if its DTV I have read that the problem could still remain as its to do with an area of the disc hardening. my mate used to get it done on his evo but I have no idea how much. Looks like my new discs have gone the same way after hundreds of miles of careful driving but mine are grooved so I doubt it can be done :(

Hammer man 29 March 2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by bazil smallwood (Post 9958433)
I've been having a problem with judder on my front discs. I spoke to the supplier about this and they said i need to get them skimmed on the car. Has anyone ever had to do this or even heard of it ?:cuckoo:

Were these new discs?. If they were, your supplier should "put right" what they have supplied you,(any good supplier, that is) To put it another way, if you go into "pizzahut" and buy a pizza which comes out of the kitchen cold, would they tell you to take it somewhere and stick it in a microwave? NO. You would hand it back and ask for a hot one, even if you have had a bite out of it.... Oh and after that, you wouldnt go to pizzahut again.
If the discs were not new then Im afraid your stuffed...Hope this makes sense:wonder:

Lagamorph 29 March 2011 09:33 AM

In talks with ian godney now about problem. He's a nice guy and seems very respected on here so fingers crossed :thumb:

Godspeed Brakes 29 March 2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph (Post 9959873)
In talks with ian godney now about problem. He's a nice guy and seems very respected on here so fingers crossed :thumb:

HI
Just replied to your email , the noise your experiencing is normal with grooved discs from high speeds
Cheers Ian

B4D HK 29 March 2011 10:30 AM

Hi Ian I have drove the car in question and it does it at low speeds too.......?

Its almost like the disks are warped, the pedal moves up and down ever so slightly when you are on it.

Lagamorph 29 March 2011 10:40 AM

Ian, H is referring to hammer mans I believe.

Godspeed Brakes 29 March 2011 10:41 AM

Hi
If the pedal moves its usually a rear disc causing a problem , did he have rears discs from me ?
Cheers Ian

Hammer man 29 March 2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph (Post 9959972)
Ian, H is referring to hammer mans I believe.

No, H hasnt driven mine(dont think he would fit in the seats:lol:). Mine has been off the road for a year now, and the brakes were ok, worn but ok. I think H is referring to Bazil`s car....

Lagamorph 29 March 2011 11:18 AM

Haha that makes sense!

B4D HK 29 March 2011 11:57 AM

Andy Im on about Bazils car you dingbat :)

Lagamorph 29 March 2011 12:17 PM

The moral of the story is not to use scoobynet while trying to work :D

bazil smallwood 29 March 2011 01:31 PM

The thing is that i put the standard discs back on the front and the judder went away !
The suppler will look at them but i have to send them back at my expence and if (when ) they find nothing wrong they will send them back ! again at my expence.
They were very unhelpfull and gave the impression it was my fault .whatever the out come i will not use or recommend them to anyone .

Hammer man 29 March 2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by bazil smallwood (Post 9960222)
The thing is that i put the standard discs back on the front and the judder went away !
The suppler will look at them but i have to send them back at my expence and if (when ) they find nothing wrong they will send them back ! again at my expence.
They were very unhelpfull and gave the impression it was my fault .whatever the out come i will not use or recommend them to anyone .

I feel for you Bazil. You buy things in good faith from a supplier. For the sake of the postage, I would be inclined to send them back, await a response and then take it from there. They may offer you something to restore your faith in them. If they dont and fob you off with bs, then I agree with you not using or recommending them to anyone else. The same has happened to me:Suspiciou

Lagamorph 03 April 2011 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Godney (Post 9959890)
HI
Just replied to your email , the noise your experiencing is normal with grooved discs from high speeds
Cheers Ian

What levels are considered normal Ian as it now sounds like I have a guy with a trombone sat in the back of the car! is that normal?

Lagamorph 03 April 2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer man (Post 9960508)
I feel for you Bazil. You buy things in good faith from a supplier. For the sake of the postage, I would be inclined to send them back, await a response and then take it from there. They may offer you something to restore your faith in them. If they dont and fob you off with bs, then I agree with you not using or recommending them to anyone else. The same has happened to me:Suspiciou

One of the reasons I chose Ian over others mate ;)

bazil smallwood 04 April 2011 11:21 AM

Took some pic but you couldnt see the blue. I'm going to take them off and send them back for inspection.