ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   playa del ingles canary isles (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/881656-playa-del-ingles-canary-isles.html)

nick172sport 27 March 2011 08:46 PM

playa del ingles canary isles

booked a all inclusive holiday for 2 weeks in august for 1200 quid whats it like been most places but want a quiet holiday as were getting old lol:D

baz wr1 27 March 2011 08:53 PM

Its the gay capital of the canary`s just thought i would mention in case you did`nt know. I went with my WIFE and we did NOT know but then it became pretty obvious when we got there.

nick172sport 27 March 2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by baz wr1 (Post 9957427)
Its the gay capital of the canary`s just thought i would mention in case you did`nt know. I went with my WIFE and we did NOT know but then it became pretty obvious when we got there.

how did you find it not bothered about gays even though the lads in fight club are all gay so might get some ribbing off them:D

kingofturds 27 March 2011 08:57 PM

It's sandy:D We went there back in 2008 loads to do there ride camels, quad bikes etc. just stay away from puerto rico as it's full of robbing Africans and people trying to sell you time shares.

kingofturds 27 March 2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by baz wr1 (Post 9957427)

They had some sort of mardi gra when we were there . trannies and gays in rubber hot pants everywhere. Then again I suspect nik(ole) already knows that:lol1:

baz wr1 27 March 2011 09:04 PM

Yeah it was ok, but no offenece to any gays but i would`nt go back for that reason.

nick172sport 27 March 2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9957451)
They had some sort of mardi gra when we were there . trannies and gays in rubber hot pants everywhere. Then again I suspect nik(ole) already knows that:lol1:

:lol::D:D:D

prodriverules 27 March 2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by nick172sport (Post 9957437)
how did you find it not bothered about gays even though the lads in fight club are all gay so might get some ribbing off them:D

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9957440)
It's sandy:D We went there back in 2008 loads to do there ride camels, quad bikes etc. just stay away from puerto rico as it's full of robbing Africans and people trying to sell you time shares.

Why am i not surprised:wonder::lol1:

nick172sport 27 March 2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by baz wr1 (Post 9957476)
Yeah it was ok, but no offenece to any gays but i would`nt go back for that reason.

bit more information on the gays please are they in your face no offence to anyone i have a few friends who are gay no probs

kingofturds 27 March 2011 09:07 PM

sioux city is mildly entertaining if you have the kids

nick172sport 27 March 2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by prodriverules (Post 9957483)
Why am i not surprised:wonder::lol1:
FUCKING GAYS

ryan you will get banned lol :nono:

baz wr1 27 March 2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by nick172sport (Post 9957486)
bit more information on the gays please are they in your face no offence to anyone i have a few friends who are gay no probs

YES!!

prodriverules 27 March 2011 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by nick172sport (Post 9957496)
ryan you will get banned lol :nono:

Sorry dad,you know i can't help myself:lol1:
wouldn't be the first infraction either:norty::D

nick172sport 27 March 2011 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9957488)
sioux city is mildly entertaining if you have the kids

no kids want a quiet life just me and the missus:norty:

kingofturds 27 March 2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by nick172sport (Post 9957486)

It's nowhere near that bad, apart from the flamboyant costumes, The p1ssed up chavs are way more offensive tbh. We were on a boat trip with a load of fit German girls unfortunately they all kept their clothes on. Then this 20 stone chav beast decided to go topless. Put me off the free booze:(

If you want to go somewhere a bit more upmarket try puerto morgan .

nick172sport 27 March 2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9957541)
It's nowhere near that bad, apart from the flamboyant costumes, The p1ssed up chavs are way more offensive tbh. We were on a boat trip with a load of fit German girls unfortunately they all kept their clothes on. Then this 20 stone chav beast decided to go topless. Put me off the free booze:(

If you want to go somewhere a bit more upmarket try puerto morgan .

might hire a car :D

BlkKnight 28 March 2011 09:58 AM

As per KoT It's not that bad.

Bit of a brain dump:

Gran Canarias is a nice island. PDE isn't a great place to be honest, neither is Las Palmas.

If you are going with kids, the water parks are good fun. As is Palmitos Park.

Also try:

Puerto Rico (port - not town).

Walk from Meloneras to Maspalomas along the coastal path, then eat in either the Italian or the Chinese in Maspalomas.

Amadoras Beach is nice.

If it's a dull day, try to drive around the island on the GC500. Go Clockwise unless you are feeling brave.

Avoid Mogan on a Friday (market day) loads of Africans selling garbage at over inflated prices.

Try Restaurant Guantanamos in Playa del cura. Flambéed Fillet steak is amazing. You will need to book if going over a weekend.

As with any foreign holiday, if anyone reproaches you on the street offering you Lottery tickets / Free drinks / Time Share opportunities etc. Just tell them to shove it. They will stick you in a taxi to the arse end of nowhere. Unless you sign the agreement, you will have to get back under your own steam.

gtijames 28 March 2011 11:46 AM

i love the canaries we stayed at maspalomas a couple of years ago,playa is a fair bit more developed and built up but is ok,loads to do trip wise we did the dolphin watching which was a good day out.have a walk down to the light house at melanores/maspalomas through the sand dunes nature reserve,loads of shops and resturants down there.i would avoid buying any electrical stuff which seems cheap but is usually ****e,its very gay friendly if thats a problem for you avoid the yumbo centre in town as the bars have names like adonis and fist lol :lol1:

Saxo Boy 28 March 2011 12:04 PM

Walk from Meloneras to Maspalomas along the coastal path, then eat in either the Italian or the Chinese in Maspalomas
That chinese in my favourite in the world - the battered spare ribs are outstanding!

OP it's a shame you booked up before posting as I would have strongly recommended you go to Maspalomas/Meloneras instead of Playa. They are only a few miles away from playa but far more suited to couples and families and the area that BlkKnight describes is one of the nicest on the whole island. Great shops, places to eat and a nice atmosphere with none of the usual touts and louts.

sandyRS16i 28 March 2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 9958234)
OP it's a shame you booked up before posting as I would have strongly recommended you go to Maspalomas/Meloneras instead of Playa.

Fully agree, been twice, very nice place and a bit more upmarket. Nice resutraunts, bars and designer shops/boutiques along the beach at the lighthouse - where as Playa is more shopping centres and cheap bars/clubs.

Perfer to stay in Maspalomas then visit Playa as its only a 5 min taxi :thumb:

nick172sport 28 March 2011 08:47 PM

i will check the chinese out

Disco Boy 2 28 March 2011 11:28 PM

We rented a villa in San Augustin a couple of years ago. Playa del Inglés is a typical tourist town, best avoided. We drove to Playa Amadores most days. Mogán is nice too (we went off season and didn't see any Africans). There is a nice fish restaurant on the far side of the harbour.

beastgtir 29 March 2011 12:34 AM

Went a few years back, was great.
Nightlife was awesome,
Didn't bump into many homosexuals to be honest..

Would love to go again!

BlkKnight 29 March 2011 09:41 AM

If anyone is looking to get a decent ROI on a holiday property, Playa Del Cura is the place to be at the mo.

Massive re-development in progress - including a Mogan esq Harbour & 18 hole golf course.