ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   New Exhaust!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/881536-new-exhaust.html)

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 12:34 AM

New Exhaust!!!

Hve been living with a backbox since I got my Scoob so thought it was time to replace the system :thumb: Have been thinking a Blitz Spec R but wanting a decat downpipe too...any thoughts?? Heard Blitz give great sound and I DON'T want to loose my Scooby burble!!!

MattyB1983 27 March 2011 12:39 AM

Blitz are VERY VERY loud, over the top loud in my opinion.
I recently fitted a Tornado system from Scoobyparts. Full 3" from turbo with no cats and sounds fantastic. Not too loud but plenty loud enough and gives a nice deep burble without the drone at cruising speeds.
£370 for the lot so bloody cheap as well. Am very happy with it..

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 01:01 AM

Don't know what make my current back box is but it's pretty loud! Def wanting the decatdownpipe and centre section.....was working in Edinburgh and saw a k plate classic go by a few times...he wasn't giving it any beans but even at low revs it sounded amazing!!! Really deep burble and superb tone when he pulled away...wish I knew what he had fitted!!!!!

Mrchips 27 March 2011 01:30 AM

Nur spec, is a silly loud one, i had one for about a month, in car you couldn't hear any other then exhaust, but one good thing was the looks, everyone know you were coming.

RobsyUK 27 March 2011 09:26 AM

I loved my Nur spec until a 300mile trip now I hate em..

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 9956259)
I loved my Nur spec until a 300mile trip now I hate em..

Yeah, I can understand that. Even the current BB drones pretty badly around 70! Any other recommendations? Someone mentioned helix to me but I've not heard one yet.Think they may be American :confused:

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 09:43 AM

Was also looking at a page for Revolution.....might be a possibility. Sounds like they give a fairly decent power gain :)
Any thoughts on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/93-01-SUBARU-I...item48397dd8d2
Seems very cheap considering what you're getting.....maybe too cheap?

djandyg 27 March 2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by sirsnortalot (Post 9956273)
Yeah, I can understand that. Even the current BB drones pretty badly around 70! Any other recommendations? Someone mentioned helix to me but I've not heard one yet.Think they may be American :confused:

well it depends, do you actually want a quieter exhaust or a loud one?! im confused lol

Originally Posted by sirsnortalot (Post 9956278)
Was also looking at a page for Revolution.....might be a possibility. Sounds like they give a fairly decent power gain :)
Any thoughts on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/93-01-SUBARU-I...item48397dd8d2
Seems very cheap considering what you're getting.....maybe too cheap?

I looked at these on ebay a while back, but thought the same - so i looked at the profiles of people who had bought them and sent one guy an email asking how well it fitted, worth buying etc. He emailed me back and said that it didnt fit properly and that he ended up selling his on again pretty soon, and basically not to waste my money!

tubbytommy 27 March 2011 11:01 AM

my local police have been cracking down lately on silly loud exhaust.
the make you re mot your car i think.

djandyg 27 March 2011 11:03 AM

Btw, Iv got a cobra back box, and a non resonated scorpion middle pipe. Its pretty loud, probably its loudest lower down in the revs though, say between 1500-3000rpm

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by djandyg (Post 9956379)
Btw, Iv got a cobra back box, and a non resonated scorpion middle pipe. Its pretty loud, probably its loudest lower down in the revs though, say between 1500-3000rpm

Cheers, will have a think on that. I may end up keeping the current back box and just go for the de-cat downpipe and middle section. It is probably about the right noise level at the moment for town driving and I'm not on the motorway very often anyway...... Not had police stopping me for noise levels yet so here's hoping it stays that way :luxhello: As for the ebay system, I had kind of thought it sounded too good to be true!

thunder8 27 March 2011 03:36 PM

i got a full scorpion for my classic,

sounds loud on idle and when giving some ,but surprisingly quiet at normal 60 to 80 speeds

well worth £282 i paid on e-bay

tony_xs 27 March 2011 04:16 PM

iv just fitted a milltek cat back 3" pipe with 100mm tip not to loud and u have the burble and when u get on a motorway cruising it sounds standard im to old for headach's :lol1:

oh and just as a warning mot stations as of this year are being fitted with db meters and will fail loud systems so before you spend £600+ on a nur spec just think of taking it off every year for the test:thumb:

Curtiz 27 March 2011 04:23 PM

I've heard Milltek are fairly quiet with a nice burble until you boot them on. I have an hks system and i love it, sounds great on boost but has a nice deep, quiet, burble when tooting about

tony_xs 27 March 2011 04:26 PM

they are unless you get the none res center pipe then you put your boot down and it sound awesome :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

went out in town last night and could help my self on the way there to plant it just to listen think i might get rid of my cd player now as i dont need to listen to that now:lol:

The Veteran 27 March 2011 04:52 PM

I have a 3 inch Milltek with a sports cat. its not to loud but gives a nice burble and sounds great when you boot it.

MattyB1983 27 March 2011 06:04 PM

I just sold my Milltek on here as it was too quiet for my taste. I had 3" right through with resonated downpipe.
Fantastic systems the Millteks and are VERY expensive new but are on the quiet side.

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 08:03 PM

Interesting one about the MOT stations.....my Scoob is going in on Tuesday so heres hoping it's not in place yet lol! Maybe I'll find out then just how loud the current setup is!! :lol1:

JonMc 27 March 2011 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tony_xs (Post 9956804)
iv just fitted a milltek cat back 3" pipe with 100mm tip not to loud and u have the burble and when u get on a motorway cruising it sounds standard im to old for headach's :lol1:

oh and just as a warning mot stations as of this year are being fitted with db meters and will fail loud systems so before you spend £600+ on a nur spec just think of taking it off every year for the test:thumb:

But if you take the car to the tester for whom you refit your cat every year then it's no big shake is it:norty:

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 9957287)
But if you take the car to the tester for whom you refit your cat every year then it's no big shake is it:norty:

Ah.......you're talking about a 'friendly' tester.......the best kind!! :D

JonMc 27 March 2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by sirsnortalot (Post 9957374)
Ah.......you're talking about a 'friendly' tester.......the best kind!! :D

The kind that is extremely helpful when it comes to preparing your car for the emissions test, yeah:luxhello:

Martin 2010 27 March 2011 08:45 PM

ne good to ya? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

sirsnortalot 27 March 2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Martin 2010 (Post 9957397)

Cheers for the thought.....I've decided to keep the back box and go for a decat downpipe and centre section.....3" with a bit of luck :)