ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   £117M - What would YOU do? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/881380-117m-what-would-you-do.html)

jods 25 March 2011 09:37 PM

£117M - What would YOU do?

I'd see out my current contact (29th April 2011)
The wife would resign 1st thing Monday.

Would keep our current house because we love it. We would probably buy a place in the countryside with enough rooms to have lots of family and friends stay over. An indoor and outdoor pool would be a must, as would a tennis court.

Once clear from my contract I'd start planning a worldwide holiday - maybe a 6 month trip (1st class of course :) ) which should be enough time to also find our country bolthole and have any necessary works completed.

Even allowing for £10M on the property and a couple of hundred grand each on 6 months travel - that still leaves a stink load of cash which would accumulate interest at ???? £10K a day???

I'd definately give a few of the guys (guys includes both sexes in my lingo) enough £££ to allow them to resign / retire in a heartbeat.

Nice to dream - which I am allowing myself to do for a little while before the crash of reality comes hammering down and I realise I STILL have to look for a job soon :(

But then again - Maybe not :)

Jamz3k 25 March 2011 09:42 PM

I would pay for a scientific study to work out if some of the staff members I work with on a daily basis could be substituted for trained Monkeys.

corradoboy 25 March 2011 09:47 PM

Set my kids up well for schooling and a happy life. Ditch the missuse and enjoy all the special privileges that wealth tends to bring :norty: Drive Europe in whatever exotic car took my fancy, changing regularly. Attend plenty of motorsport, and compete in some. Travel the world almost continuously until I find that special place. Eventually settle down with a couple of modest homes in beautiful locations, near the sea, within sight of mountains, reasonably distant from large populations, in places where the temperature never drops too low, but doesn't go too high either. A couple of racetracks nearby would be a plus, with a couple of track focussed cars to compliment a small selection of the very best road cars. Invest in rising property markets to ensure the cash only grows.

As for friends and family. Well, in the last couple of years most of them have p!$$ed me off to some degree and displayed little interest in either me or my children, so apart from my Dad and brother, they can all rot, and I would expect nothing less back if they win.

oldsplice 25 March 2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9954270)
Set my kids up well for schooling and a happy life. Ditch the missuse and enjoy all the special privileges that wealth tends to bring :norty: Drive Europe in whatever exotic car took my fancy, changing regularly. Attend plenty of motorsport, and compete in some. Travel the world almost continuously until I find that special place. Eventually settle down with a couple of modest homes in beautiful locations, near the sea, within sight of mountains, reasonably distant from large populations, in places where the temperature never drops too low, but doesn't go too high either. A couple of racetracks nearby would be a plus, with a couple of track focussed cars to compliment a small selection of the very best road cars. Invest in rising property markets to ensure the cash only grows.

As for friends and family. Well, in the last couple of years most of them have p!$$ed me off to some degree and displayed little interest in either me or my children, so apart from my Dad and brother, they can all rot, and I would expect nothing less back if they win.

So it wouldn't change your life then? ;) :D

Trout 25 March 2011 10:40 PM

Give £100m to selected charity projects and live out a long and fruitful life of travel, cars and family with the rest!

kingofturds 25 March 2011 10:51 PM

Hookers and cocaine.

Simon C 25 March 2011 10:52 PM

First off I'd wait till its in the bank account. Then....

Pay off debts
Sort out finances so retirement and salary are sorted for life.
Buy a house with a nice large garage
Give parents 2 mill each with orders of I don't want to see it back on death, although it would probably lead to their divorce
Jack in job
Naff off on a nice 6 week holiday to 4 countries
Set about buying 1 or 2 dream cars
Spend a month in the rockies chasing elk with good friends (me paying)
Think about going back to press photography

RA Dunk 25 March 2011 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9954423)
Hookers and cocaine.

Well it could be worse you could end up wasting it all :)

Obviously we're talking high class hookers and an even higher class of charlie :lol1:

Jamz3k 25 March 2011 10:59 PM

Locate and photograph the mystic PSLewis for all of NSR to see.

also throw a few quid in to cure gayness and being a muslim.....

Moley 25 March 2011 10:59 PM

I'd make Charlie Sheen look like an amature!!!

RA Dunk 25 March 2011 11:00 PM

Me I would sort my self out for later on, build myself a Gobstopper buy some kind of car trailer/ camper combined (probably need my HGV lol) then spend my summer traveling all of the Tracks in the UK and Europe doing trackdays and competitions.

joz8968 25 March 2011 11:00 PM

I'd just be grateful I would NOT HAVE to work again - should I decide that. Not being forced to pander to any ****er fills me with a warmth like no other.

Anything else, i.e. material things, is a bonus.

RA Dunk 25 March 2011 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 9954446)

HA!! I wish you the best of luck on that one, he's got a fair bit of experiance infront of him now :lol1:

joz8968 25 March 2011 11:02 PM

...Plus I'd have a cunting great supercar and racecar collection, etc, etc.

Obviously. :rolleyes:

Ant 25 March 2011 11:14 PM

Buy SN and ban PSL :D

joz8968 25 March 2011 11:17 PM

That amount of dosh would make go all eccentric and a bit weird. Yeah right, like I'm not like that anyway! :D

RA Dunk 25 March 2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 9954482)
Buy SN and ban PSL :D

There's two others I would ban forever before him, infact I wouldent even Pete at all TBH. :)

BOB.T 25 March 2011 11:23 PM

I'd set up a bank account with enough money in it to earn enough interest to pay my existing mortgage, just to piss off Lloyds and Halifax :D

g7prs 25 March 2011 11:30 PM

Pack the bags....

for her in doors!

And then go have some fun! :)

Anders_WR1 25 March 2011 11:45 PM

One of these:

http://www.sunseeker.com/showboat.php?bid=23

Spec:

http://www.sunseeker.com/boatdb/boat...0_ENG_0111.pdf

With 8000bhp and 23,000 litre fuel tank giving 1500 mile range (15 gallons to the mile at cruising speed not flat out, lol), the £10K interest per day will come in handy. That's £32K to fill up :thumb:

Anders

Glynmitch 25 March 2011 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9954423)
Hookers and cocaine.

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 9954446)

Beat me to it :norty:

Saint AAI 26 March 2011 06:49 AM

I'd go to University and do a few masters degrees.

RobsyUK 26 March 2011 07:14 AM

Wound no one take a dump on their bosses desk n say 'stuff ya job' or is that just me?

Jamo 26 March 2011 08:58 AM

id help friends and family out first, then buy a nice big house with a big garden and a large garage area for me the mrs and kids, then fill the garage area with every childhood wet dream car I can think of.

TopBanana 26 March 2011 09:18 AM

Give it all to charidee mate

hutton_d 26 March 2011 09:35 AM

Well, I won a tenner .... maybe the yacht will have to wait until next week ...

Dave

Moley 26 March 2011 10:43 AM

I'd have to buy a Mclaren F1 (my directors dream car)..... drive it to work..... go up to him..... and in my best Harry Enfield voice, say....... ''i am considerably richer than you!!!!''

EddScott 26 March 2011 10:58 AM

Leave the UK.

Wurzel 26 March 2011 11:05 AM

Buy Subaru and start making proper cars again.

Lee247 26 March 2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 9954704)
Wound no one take a dump on their bosses desk n say 'stuff ya job' or is that just me?

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 9954855)
Leave the UK.

:thumb: