ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fastest washing machine, 12 min cycle... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/880785-fastest-washing-machine-12-min-cycle.html)

sarasquares 21 March 2011 07:00 PM

Fastest washing machine, 12 min cycle...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22994489/

Was wondering if anyone had this yet and was it any good. :wonder:

Hysteria1983 21 March 2011 07:32 PM

My Blomberg does a wash in 14 minutes for 'lightly soiled' items. To be honest, I have only used it a few times for Mr P's shirts and it wasn't that good.

The shirts don't even get dirty, he just likes to put a fresh one on each day.

I honestly couldn't wash anything 'lightly soiled' through on that was cycle as it just doesn't seem clean. I tried using more powder, but then he just got this irritated skin rash from it not being rinsed properly.

Not economical really as I imagine if you try and wear something more than once, it wouldn't seem clean at all.

ScoobyWon't 21 March 2011 08:01 PM

Mods, could you re-name this thread "Fao Wimmins", please ;)

sarasquares 22 March 2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9947111)
My Blomberg does a wash in 14 minutes for 'lightly soiled' items. To be honest, I have only used it a few times for Mr P's shirts and it wasn't that good.

The shirts don't even get dirty, he just likes to put a fresh one on each day.

I honestly couldn't wash anything 'lightly soiled' through on that was cycle as it just doesn't seem clean. I tried using more powder, but then he just got this irritated skin rash from it not being rinsed properly.

Not economical really as I imagine if you try and wear something more than once, it wouldn't seem clean at all.

Its only me and my daughter at home 90% of the time so i am not washing anything too dirty. I always use the shortest cycle on mine but the spin is slower so i either catch it before the final spin and change the setting or do it after its finished so i am prolly using loads of extra electricity.

I always thought machines took way too long. This new one thats out has twin jets or something so maybe its different to yours. Its a bit new to get a lot of reviews yet.
Hmmn, clutch or new washing machine? :wonder: :D

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 9947164)
Mods, could you re-name this thread "Fao Wimmins", please ;)

Just get back out in the garden and finish the mens work! :lol1:

Hysteria1983 22 March 2011 08:53 AM

These days I wouldn't bother repairing a washing machine unless it's less than £40-£50.

My Blomberg is a cracking machine. I paid £320 for the machine with 3 years parts and labour, so in theory of it only last three years it's only cost £100 (give or take) a year.

Like you I never use the 'fast spin' it really is not needed, a 1200 is sufficient, and a 1600 does no more than a 1400 as they cam only get so dry from the spin.

I always wash at 40 unless it's bedclothes.

sarasquares 22 March 2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9948119)
These days I wouldn't bother repairing a washing machine unless it's less than £40-£50.

My Blomberg is a cracking machine. I paid £320 for the machine with 3 years parts and labour, so in theory of it only last three years it's only cost £100 (give or take) a year.

Like you I never use the 'fast spin' it really is not needed, a 1200 is sufficient, and a 1600 does no more than a 1400 as they cam only get so dry from the spin.

I always wash at £40 unless it's bedclothes.

Years ago big white goods used to be more repairable but now its a joke. You cant even repair your own hoover anymore. Luckily my stuff has always lasted pretty well, its just my cars that are unlucky lol :o

I was at 30 if i can and everything is always clean.......touching wood :thumb:

JDM_Stig 22 March 2011 09:22 AM

the 15 min cycle is great for when something has been in the wardrobe clean but needs a freshen up, I also do lot of my car cloths etc on the 15 min cycle.

sarasquares 22 March 2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 9948153)
the 15 min cycle is great for when something has been in the wardrobe clean but needs a freshen up, I also do lot of my car cloths etc on the 15 min cycle.

Car cloths? I leave mine on the hedge till they blow away. :D

Febreeze conditioner (sp) is great for freshening up washing.............i could sniff it all day. :thumb:

Hysteria1983 22 March 2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig (Post 9948153)

You must have a lot of clothes!

If I have anything loitering in my wardrobe long enough to get musty I usually give it to charity, or bung in on eBay with a 99p start just to see some return on it.

Wurzel 22 March 2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9948119)
I always wash at £40 unless it's bedclothes.

That is an expensive wash you really should get a more economical machine :D

Hysteria1983 22 March 2011 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wurzel (Post 9948637)
That is an expensive wash you really should get a more economical machine :D

Haha!!

I hadn't even noticed that.

Hammer man 22 March 2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by sarasquares (Post 9948112)
Its only me and my daughter at home 90% of the time so i am not washing anything too dirty.

Who`s there the other 10% of the time:wonder:

Hysteria1983 22 March 2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer man (Post 9948668)

The fairies of course!

Do they not visit your house?

sarasquares 22 March 2011 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer man (Post 9948668)

Someone very dirty :p

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9948674)
The fairies of course!

Do they not visit your house?

Men dont have a clue do they? :wonder: :D

kingofturds 22 March 2011 05:52 PM

I just chuck everything in on number 10 and hope for the best. I did come a cropper the other day though when my 4 year olsd son threw up at 2 o clock in the morning. I chust chucked all his bed clothes in the washing machine, then had to spend the next day picking chunks of puke out of the washing machine.

sarasquares 22 March 2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9948887)
I just chuck everything in on number 10 and hope for the best. I did come a cropper the other day though when my 4 year olsd son threw up at 2 o clock in the morning. I chust chucked all his bed clothes in the washing machine, then had to spend the next day picking chunks of puke out of the washing machine.

I would have flushed them down the loo at that time of the morning. :p

Hysteria1983 22 March 2011 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9948887)

Ah well, lesson learned.

I usually give them a rinse with the shower first to get rid of any chunks.

kingofturds 22 March 2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 9948906)
Ah well, lesson learned.

I usually give them a rinse with the shower first to get rid of any chunks.

Yep lesson learned, next time give the missus a kick then roll over and pretend I'm asleep:lol1:

kingofturds 22 March 2011 06:04 PM

Also he is 4 now I don't know when his sick transitioned to that ickle bay sick that I did not mind clearing up, to this vast lake of chunks that smells like it came straight from hell.

sarasquares 22 March 2011 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9948909)
Also he is 4 now I don't know when his sick transitioned to that ickle bay sick that I did not mind clearing up, to this vast lake of chunks that smells like it came straight from hell.

Put his food in the blender before you give it to him :D

Wish 22 March 2011 06:16 PM

Washing Machine you say ? ... ........ I will ask the wife when she has finished my dinner.
Its one of the gadgets I paid for by dont know how to use ... I have seen it though in the utility room ... next to her Tumble Dryer

She spoilt isnt she

sarasquares 23 March 2011 07:56 AM

Oh yes, your wife is blessed. :D

Hysteria1983 23 March 2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 9948932)
Washing Machine you say ? ... ........ I will ask the wife when she has finished my dinner.
Its one of the gadgets I paid for by dont know how to use ... I have seen it though in the utility room ... next to her Tumble Dryer

She spoilt isnt she

Does she have a dishwasher too? :D

Wish 23 March 2011 02:09 PM

She does and her new upright freezer will be delivered in the morning ...
Dyson Ball under the stairs too, the spoilt cow

TopBanana 23 March 2011 02:13 PM

Not too fussed about speed, but sound. My AEG is virtually silent

Hysteria1983 23 March 2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 9950317)
Not too fussed about speed, but sound. My AEG is virtually silent

Mine is in the garage, so I couldn't give a fig how it sounds or what the foof it looks like as long as it washes my clothes properly.

:)

ScoobyDoo555 23 March 2011 02:48 PM

Mine's (well, Wifey's :D ) is one of those Hotpoint things with a fookin huge LCD in it (my only demand - when I do washing I need to be able to understand the hieroglyphics on the controls!!! I screen with idiot-proof instructions is perfect)

It's silent, economical and reliable (of which by all accounts, is a rarity with Hotpoint stuff)....

Dan