ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Blocked in, got a ticket (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/879959-blocked-in-got-a-ticket.html)

LeeMac 15 March 2011 09:52 PM

Blocked in, got a ticket

Got a parking ticket from a private parking firm

I turned into a small parking area (inside loading bay ahead).

I stopped in a parking space with the intention of reversing and turning round.
Checked my phone, a van pulled up behind me, not directly but enough to make reversing out difficult so Im thinking hes a delivery driver and I waited for him to move.
He then got out of the van with a ticket in hand so I tried to reverse out and he threw the ticket through my open window.
I went ballistic and he then went to the front and seemed to take a pic with his phone.

£60 within 2 weeks then 100 then 150

now, I hadnt got out of the car, my engine was running until he stopped behind me

anyone ignored these private firms

SkydiveMacca 15 March 2011 09:53 PM

Ignore it and let them take you to court.

scud8 15 March 2011 09:58 PM

Ignore it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TRrCIBRs_Y

LeeMac 15 March 2011 10:00 PM

had a mad 5 minutes

I got out of the car went over to him and he locked his door upoped the window etc

then when he went i took a pic of where I was parked cos no signs (noticed after they were on the opposite side of the parking area)
as I was taking a pic an bloke shouted something at me, so i went over and he gave me a mouth full and after me giving it back he got out of the car, i started laughing
anyway, after a bit of argy bargy he thought i was one of these parking firms takin pics of parked cars

what a day

JAutos 15 March 2011 10:01 PM

wipe your posterior on it and post it back :thumb:

Blue and Gold 15 March 2011 10:01 PM

I thought it had to be stuck to your car window with photo to prove

LeeMac 15 March 2011 10:01 PM

had seen the YT clip but he took a pic
hopefully the pic will show his van behind mine

Chip 15 March 2011 10:09 PM

Just ignore it. Its not a fine its an invoice you do not legally have to pay.

Chip

boomer 15 March 2011 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 9937225)
Just ignore it. Its not a fine its an invoice you do not legally have to pay.

Chip

As per, see http://forums.pepipoo.com/

mb

cookstar 15 March 2011 10:40 PM

One for the bin. Had one last year ignored it and heard nothing.

pslewis 15 March 2011 10:40 PM

Send it to me, with £30, and I will deal with it :D

Terminator X 15 March 2011 11:44 PM

Ignore it, they can't do sh*te. I've got hundreds of letters re ignored private tickets ... they always stop after the 4th one :thumb:

TX.

Jamo 16 March 2011 09:13 AM

post their address, I got one of these and sent them a nice box of tyson dog poo :)

that sh!t stinks :)

speye91 16 March 2011 01:48 PM

+1 for ignoring it.I got two tickets from Sainsburys carpark,and ignored both that was two years ago.Second ticket made me laugh i was parked on yellow hatch markings.Yes i was but the markings were under 2-3 inches of snow and ice.

Throw them in the bin.They can't do feck all.

Leslie 16 March 2011 04:33 PM

Go straight to the police and report them for their actions.

Les

LeeMac 16 March 2011 07:08 PM

was thinking of going to the police actually

in a real world i would go to their office and sort it, no doubt they would call the police

GlesgaKiss 16 March 2011 07:14 PM

That's shocking, I'd be raging if someone blocked me in like that. As everyone else has said, ignore it. Don't go any further with them either, they're not worth the hassle, and you did well not doing anything stupid earlier. :thumb:

PaulC72 16 March 2011 09:42 PM

firstly ignore it and secondly most people would not ticket a vehicle with someone in it as they would just drive off before the ticket is produced. The van blocked you in on purpose so you could not leave so they were obstructing you from leaving and therefore have no claim on your parking illegally.

LeeMac 19 March 2011 12:23 AM

you'd think so but in court its my word against theirs
dont think it will help but im calling in at the police tomoz see what they say

fatherpierre 19 March 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by LeeMac (Post 9942818)
you'd think so but in court its my word against theirs
dont think it will help but im calling in at the police tomoz see what they say

They'll tell you it's a civil matter, which it is.

Ignore it. It's not enforceable; it's just a try-it-on invoice.

scoobiesteve103 19 March 2011 10:19 AM

me and my dad had this last year in our work van,blocked in and a ticket,every1 is rite just put it down 2 chancers but because both my dad and i have no tollerance for scum like this we took his keys out of his van and popped them down a drain for him.rolled his car out the way and went out for a fry-up lol

Sheepsplitter 19 March 2011 11:15 AM

You should have a case against them of 'false imprisonment' for blocking you in.
You should ignore the ticket, they are operating outside the law.

mervil 19 March 2011 02:16 PM

I f**king hate these idiots! They've got no right do ticket you so just ignore it!

Or you could post it with some Monopoly money to them! ;)

LeeMac 20 March 2011 04:55 PM

I was at Newquay airport the other day and this older couple got out of their car (at drop off point) and he walked his wife to the entrance, he had barely got to the entrance (he prob never quite got to the entrance) and this van drove in and put a ticket on his screen, he was about 4 or 5 mins in all

i've never even seen anything like this until recently, they take the p!ss

TurkishSimon1974 20 March 2011 05:23 PM

Surely the ticket has got his car details on it yes? Or am I missing somethin in my age? You shouldn't have a problem as it was from what i've read, issued to him??

Rapid17 20 March 2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 9937732)
post their address, I got one of these and sent them a nice box of tyson dog poo :)

that sh!t stinks :)

:lol1:

joz8968 20 March 2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by scoobiesteve103 (Post 9943109)
me and my dad had this last year in our work van,blocked in and a ticket,every1 is rite just put it down 2 chancers but because both my dad and i have no tollerance for scum like this we took his keys out of his van and popped them down a drain for him.rolled his car out the way and went out for a fry-up lol

:luxhello:

That's ****ing genius and hilarious in equal measure! It must have felt reeeeally good, eh? ;)

scoobiesteve103 20 March 2011 09:46 PM

yeah the guy was a prat,i was happy to try and fit him in the drain but hay-ho

joz8968 20 March 2011 10:04 PM

They truly are THE scum.... ON scum! These stories really boil my piss. :mad: :mad: :mad:

CHOLTON 20 March 2011 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 9945692)
They truly are THE scum.... ON scum! These stories really boil my piss. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My missis would kill me if she caught me boiling my piss on the stove :lol1: