ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   CONSTANT cough, clearing of throat, etc? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/879557-constant-cough-clearing-of-throat-etc.html)

alcazar 13 March 2011 06:13 PM

CONSTANT cough, clearing of throat, etc?

I've had this nearly four months now, production of mucus is extreme, sometime awake myself choking on it, snuffles, cattarh on the back of my throat all the time, but the tickly little cough is the worst.

Ought I to be going to my quack?

wrx sti ppp 13 March 2011 06:19 PM

Of course not...you should tell the wise souls here on SN and not expect anyone to take the p1ss!!! :norty:

er...yeah...i would go to the docs fella!

alcazar 13 March 2011 06:30 PM

Well which is it?

Only joking, I'll try and go tomoz.

oldsplice 13 March 2011 06:37 PM

Dairy products and alcohol. Just a suggestion. :)

alcazar 13 March 2011 06:57 PM

Alcohol? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!:(:(:(

Jamz3k 13 March 2011 06:58 PM

I have had to stop myself 3 times now from posting a blowjob/deepthroat "gag"!:)

alcazar 13 March 2011 06:59 PM

Do keep NOT posting :D

boxst 13 March 2011 07:17 PM

It is probably an allergy and probably dairy (as mentioned above).

I haven't seen an allergy like that to alcohol so you may by lucky :)

Aaron1978 13 March 2011 07:20 PM

Do you find it's worse in the morning? I have similar but in the morning I cough a fair bit to the point of gipping. I went to the docs and he seems to think it's 'gastric reflux' (sp) and gave me a prescription for some tablets.

Aaron:thumb:

oldsplice 13 March 2011 07:51 PM

Since I stopped drinking on 'school nights', I find I get catarrh when I do drink.

Just thought I'd share that with you. :)

The Zohan 13 March 2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9932752)
Well which is it?

Only joking, I'll try and go tomoz.

Was it you complaining of stomach (acid?) problems recently????

could be linked and even so get it checked out sharp-ish and tell them about the stomach probs as well.

alcazar 13 March 2011 08:03 PM

Yep, that thought HAD occurred, just my luck for it to be some rotten thing............:(

f1_fan 13 March 2011 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9932990)
Yep, that thought HAD occurred, just my luck for it to be some rotten thing............:(

Had same thing for years off and on including stomach acid. Allergy to dairy products was my disagnosis. Stopped eating them and within two weeks the symptoms disappeared.

alcazar 13 March 2011 11:20 PM

I'll get an appointment tomorrow and go from there.

Coffin Dodger 14 March 2011 10:33 AM

Missus has had similar but as she's pregnant most cough remedies are off the menu. She now thinks acid reflux could also be playing a part as she's had more indigestion presumably due to the baby squashing her digestive system.

I had a persistent cough years ago, went to the quacks and they suggested it was viral so not much they could prescribe. Said to use steam inhalation (bowl of boiling water, towel over bowl and head type thing) three times a day to loosen the mucus and after try to cough as much of it up as possible. Worked a treat and it was gone within a few weeks.

Leslie 14 March 2011 10:59 AM

I seem to suffer from a frog in the throat more often than I should. Very irritating at times, my doctor doubled my dose of Omeprazole but it has not cleared it completely.

Les

alcazar 14 March 2011 12:56 PM

Right, been there, done that.

Doctor examined me, listened to my chest, looked own my throat, in my ears and nose and reckons I have a "false nasal drip", flase, because there is no underlying infection.

So I have to use a nasal spray to try and control it, and it needs a month, maybe 6 weeks because it's been doing it so long my body has got used to it :rolleyes:

I start tonight, so we shall see..............

Lee247 14 March 2011 04:10 PM

How the hell did you get to see the Quack so soon. I phoned this morning as I think I have sinusitis and was told my Doctor is booked solid for the next two weeks :eek:
When I kicked off and said I hadn't been for years, she told me to ring 8:30am in the morning and they will see what they can do :mad:

Midlife...... 14 March 2011 04:27 PM

Is the nasal spray Nasonex by any chance ???

Shaun

The Zohan 14 March 2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9934436)
How the hell did you get to see the Quack so soon. I phoned this morning as I think I have sinusitis and was told my Doctor is booked solid for the next two weeks :eek:
When I kicked off and said I hadn't been for years, she told me to ring 8:30am in the morning and they will see what they can do :mad:

Hi Lee, phone bang on 8.30 (OR EVEN SLIGHTLY BEFORE) as they hold back some same-day appointments for 'emergencies'

alcazar 14 March 2011 05:58 PM

Ours will ONLY give out appointments on the day. You have to be quick, ie: start ringing at 0800 and keep trying until you get through.

They keep a FEW for emergency, but will only make forward appointments on the doctor's say-so.

alcazar 14 March 2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 9934464)
Is the nasal spray Nasonex by any chance ???

Shaun

No, it's called Nasobec, contains something called beconase?

oldsplice 14 March 2011 07:07 PM

It's horrible when it all comes down in one lump! :p

alcazar 14 March 2011 08:14 PM

Is that going to happen???:eek:
Had that a couple of times, sniffed and immediately choked on something the size of a 2p piece but about 10mm thick:eek:

God, I don't want THAT again...............

Midlife...... 14 March 2011 08:17 PM

Nasobec / beclomethasone..............steriod nasal spray to damp down inflammation so likely you have perrenial rhinitis..

I use nasonex which is a similar thing to yours LOL

Shaun

oldsplice 14 March 2011 08:23 PM

I have Budesonide. Don't like Beclomethasone.

It's when you get the lump, mixed with the bitter taste of the spray........... ;)

.......especially when you're talking to someone...... :)

dunx 14 March 2011 11:00 PM

I've used that twice Alcazar...

One time I shed a lump the size of... no stop there - it was foul ! Over a month old and festering. Mine caused a weeping nose syndrome like a dripping tap. YUK !

LoL

dunx

Lee247 14 March 2011 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9934514)
Hi Lee, phone bang on 8.30 (OR EVEN SLIGHTLY BEFORE) as they hold back some same-day appointments for 'emergencies'

Cheers Paul. I will. I've not felt this ropey in a long time.
If I can't get an appointment, I will have to go to the "Walk in Centre" and no doubt sit for a flaming hour.
Sorry Alcazar, not meaning to hijack your thread :)

alcazar 15 March 2011 01:09 PM

No probs, Lee, our docs used to be like that, but went over to the prersent sytem, it's a clat ringing and ringing, but at least you do GET an appointment and they split am/pm too so plenty left PM if am booked up and you ring later.

Lee247 21 March 2011 12:41 AM

After a 3 hour wait, at Primary Care. Viral Laryngitis. Oh Joy :(
At least the old lungs are nice and clear. The amount of barking I have done, I thought I must have coughed one up :D