ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Do you HATE cyclists ? POLL (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/879305-do-you-hate-cyclists-poll.html)

corradoboy 11 March 2011 08:15 PM

Do you HATE cyclists ? POLL

To compliment the other thread, what are your feelings on cyclists, be they lycra louts three abreast blocking up the countryside, Critical Mass loons choking up city centres at rush hour to prove some point, kids with no concept of safety, law, rules or consideration of others, or the solitary good cyclist once spotted in Oxford 40 years ago.

davyboy 11 March 2011 08:17 PM

Not half as much as obese driving instructors:)

The Dogs B******s 11 March 2011 08:17 PM

They're Wankers:D

Spoon 11 March 2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9929235)
To compliment the other thread, what are your feelings on cyclists, be they lycra louts three abreast blocking up the countryside, Critical Mass loons choking up city centres at rush hour to prove some point, kids with no concept of safety, law, rules or consideration of others, or the solitary good cyclist once spotted in Oxford 40 years ago.

That about sums it up nicely. :thumb:

Steve vRS 11 March 2011 08:27 PM

None of the above :D

hux309 11 March 2011 08:31 PM

I vote for muffin!!!

Btw is that a euphemism :wonder:

corradoboy 11 March 2011 08:45 PM

So there we have it, apart from a guy who wants a coffee, 100% of the British public hates cyclists :smug:

DYK 11 March 2011 08:46 PM

I'll skip the muffin and go for mint sauce

http://homepage.mac.com/pfellows1/th...poster%202.jpg

RobsyUK 11 March 2011 08:47 PM

I hate it when they are on a busy two way road with an empty pavement next to it. I hate it when they just pull out without a thought - Yet on the other hand. I do cycle any people walking do piss me off too. MOVE

hux309 11 March 2011 08:48 PM

Minty!!!

I have that exact jersey right here.

Oh and i always brake for cake mmmmm

pinkypurkhardt 11 March 2011 09:06 PM

i cycle to work but as soon as im driving i hate all cyclist

DYK 11 March 2011 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 9929376)
Minty!!!

I have that exact jersey right here.

Oh and i always brake for cake mmmmm

:lol1::lol1:

Yes i remember brake for cake..

andythejock01wrx 11 March 2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 9929373)
I hate it when they are on a busy two way road with an empty pavement next to it.

:wonder:;)

stevebt 11 March 2011 09:44 PM

I was in my van a couple of days ago and I was wanting to pull over into the expired bus lane, A girl on a bike took forever to move and I was edging across waiting for a safe time to pull over. She spent more time looking over her shoulder as though I was going to knock her off! I was fully aware of her but c'mon take more than 30 seconds to move 5 yards :rolleyes:

what would scooby do 11 March 2011 09:45 PM

pedaling ergo pedalos ergo peados :D

mart360 11 March 2011 09:52 PM

I have absolotly no problem with these lycra clad spandexed eddie merx wannabees, with there bobbly shoes,

However...

if you want to use the road, please be aware.

its a 30mph limit for a reason!!!!! not so you can go 2 abreast and trundle along at 21mph as a mobile roadblock.

Likewise when a car or lorry or other road user who can go faster than you, and wants to pass, let them do so as soon as possible, not decide that you think it's your god given right to weave all over the bloody road, and then start getting leary, beacuse sombody is getting mighty pissed of at your complete lack of understanding of just what total gridlock your causing.

and smile :)

Mart

corradoboy 11 March 2011 09:58 PM

There seems to be some substance to the common dislike of these verm.... I mean cyclists :D Do you think they do themselves no favours with their behaviour ?

J4CKO 11 March 2011 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 9929373)
I hate it when they are on a busy two way road with an empty pavement next to it. I hate it when they just pull out without a thought - Yet on the other hand. I do cycle any people walking do piss me off too. MOVE

Er, thats as you are meant to use the road !

People for some reason object to a 270 lbs of cyclist, bike and luggage cyclist doing upto 25 mph on the pavement,

what would scooby do 11 March 2011 10:07 PM

I like this cylclerist ...

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2292...09b77c6e4b.jpg

corradoboy 11 March 2011 10:08 PM

Cyclists are allowed to use the pavement in the UK, as long as they don't hinder or endanger pedestrians. If pedestrians are put at risk, cyclists should dismount or stop until it is safe to proceed. Of course, what they actually do is what car drivers are accused of doing to them, by shouting at walkers and trying to intimidate them out of the way :rolleyes:

Pot......kettle.....grimy arse :razz:

PaulC72 11 March 2011 10:10 PM

No problem with them they have as much right to be on the road as anything else and I used to be one myself so always give them plenty of space.

corradoboy 11 March 2011 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 9929633)
No problem with them they have as much right to be on the road as anything else and I used to be one myself so always give them plenty of space.

I think what we are trying to convey is that none of us would have any problem with them, IF they all obeyed traffic laws and rode with consideration. However, many of them seem to do a lot of poking at hornets nests, then get all upset when they get stung :rolleyes:

Moley 11 March 2011 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 9929633)

They don't pay road tax or insurance, so why do they have the same right as us drivers who have to pay to use the roads?

Jamo 11 March 2011 10:22 PM

hope you have youre flame suit on moley :D (I agree with you by the way, and yes im wearing mine ;) )

corradoboy 11 March 2011 10:23 PM

I'm all toasty after today :D

Moley 11 March 2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by j4mou (Post 9929657)
hope you have youre flame suit on moley :D (I agree with you by the way, and yes im wearing mine ;) )

Just squeezed into it now :D:thumb:

davyboy 11 March 2011 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 9929653)
They don't pay road tax or insurance, so why do they have the same right as us drivers who have to pay to use the roads?

Ah, another cretin.

You don't pay road tax either [sigh]

Moley 11 March 2011 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9929668)
Ah, another cretin.

You don't pay road tax either [sigh]

Scoobynets resident cock has appeared i see. Hi Davyboy. :D

Cretin?

Down this way he have loads of cycle lanes, but the cyclists don't use them for some reason.
When my mates suggested to a cyclist that he should use the cycle lane (and he was polite) he was told to ''go f**k yourself''. THAT is what i call a cretin ;)

(You can call it a posh name, but it's still road tax isn't it)

Clarebabes 11 March 2011 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9929645)
I think what we are trying to convey is that none of us would have any problem with them, IF they all obeyed traffic laws and rode with consideration. However, many of them seem to do a lot of poking at hornets nests, then get all upset when they get stung :rolleyes:

Since when did all car drivers obey all rules and used consideration at all times? Being a driving instructor, you must witness loads of great driving.....

corradoboy 11 March 2011 10:34 PM

Another common trait for cyclists is being overly pedantic it seems :rolleyes:

How much do cyclists contribute to all these cycle lanes and secure bike parking facilities, and all the other considerations such as Toucan crossings ? We pay for them, and then they have the discourtesy not to use them and be very rude about it :mad: