ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sky Anytime WTF???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/879046-sky-anytime-wtf.html)

Brun 09 March 2011 11:52 PM

Sky Anytime WTF????

When i had Sky+ me and the Boss often had a look through the Anytime listings if we couldn't find owt to watch and usually we could find sommat. I've recently upgraded to HD and have found that there ain't much at all to choose from as the only things to choose from are in HD. I've just had a looky tonight and there is not one programme to choose from. Why oh why can the same listings as Sky+ not be applied to the HD subscription :(

Wish 10 March 2011 10:11 AM

Have you got anytime turned on ?? As there is a setting in the menu system.

Brun 10 March 2011 10:52 AM

Yep it's turned on. Box is 3 weeks old. It's a common complaint on the interweb about Anytime on HD having not a lot but like i say - i have nothing. Do you?

urban 10 March 2011 11:07 AM

I have loads of stuff on anytime, and I'm pretty sure its not all in HD either.
I don't know how it figures out what it records though - does anyone know?

Tidgy 10 March 2011 11:10 AM

we found anytime/on demand to have a much better selection on virgin that it doe son sky

Ant 10 March 2011 11:13 AM

I don't understand your post. You have channels showing in hd in anytime but you don't want to watch hd anytime?

When I had it enabled it shows alot of sport and movies which I don't sub to so I turned it off and saved stress On my hdd

drb5 10 March 2011 11:24 AM

We downgraded our paackage to remove HD, but Sky decided to keep practically all the anytime programmes/films on HD.

There's almost nothing in SD and thus makes anytime pointless to anyone without HD.

You can't get normal Sky+ boxes now either. All HD boxes. :angry:

Pink_Floyd 10 March 2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by drb5 (Post 9926318)
We downgraded our paackage to remove HD, but Sky decided to keep practically all the anytime programmes/films on HD.

There's almost nothing in SD and thus makes anytime pointless to anyone without HD.

You can't get normal Sky+ boxes now either. All HD boxes. :angry:

I've jus checked that and you are absolutely correct. Typical SKY trying to get you to keep the HD side of it :lol1:

drb5 10 March 2011 12:43 PM

Yep and i've gotta be honest, it's almost made me take the subscription back on, but they get enough money off us!

Just got a letter in today too, that if i start the multiroom again, i get it free for 4 months. Not bad, but it's a fekkin 12 month contract! :rolleyes:

Jamz3k 10 March 2011 01:02 PM

Anytime is a fantastic device, it helps crash my hd box everytime I enable it.

Torquemada 10 March 2011 01:31 PM

No problem with my Anytime+, right enough there is not as much as there was when I had V+ but it's getting better and there is at least a reasonable sized selection of movies. Seemd to be quite a mix of HD and SD to me last time I looked.

I've had lots of problems during upgrade though and have had to complain and get 6 months half price telly etc. they are a bit crap really, overall :mad:

Brun 20 March 2011 06:00 PM

Stillnothing on Anytime. I turned it off and then re-activated it and it still has nothing. I can feel a call to Sky coming on.
Another thing i've just noticed. I fancied ordering a Movie from Box office this evening but from what i can see, i only have Box Offfice HD1 and HD2 available to me. Tell me this isn't right? I'm getting very close to putting my old + box back in :(

Brun 20 March 2011 06:36 PM

Done a menu rebuild and all BO movies are now available.
Currently doing a software update to see if that fixes Anytime.

ScoobyDriverWannabe 21 March 2011 02:05 AM

I had the same thing happen to my sky box last week.

I just unplugged it and left it off for 10 mins.

then gradually programs started adding again during the week.

ScoobySteve69 21 March 2011 03:14 AM

I don`t see the point/ need for Anytime :wonder: Just record what you want to watch :thumb:

Trout 21 March 2011 08:15 AM

Got Anytime here, had the box for over a year and it all works fine. Never had to set anything up and get a reasonably long list of HD and SD programmes :confused:

Leslie 21 March 2011 10:45 AM

Never bothered with it. Doesn't it tend to wear the hard drive out because it is working overtime, or is that another mode.

Les

urban 21 March 2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Brun (Post 9945073)
I can feel a call to Sky coming on.

Dont' be too hasty.
Dileep Patel won't have a clue what you're on about :D
He'll just ask you to unplug and refit cables, whilst breaking the silence of the reboot by asking "How is your weather being"

Brun 21 March 2011 01:22 PM

:lol: