ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Public toilets (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878884-public-toilets.html)

tony de wonderful 09 March 2011 07:57 AM

Public toilets

Ok more are set to close 'cos councils cannot afford then (but they can afford bosses on £200k and hundreds of non-jobs like bouncy castle officer).

Seems like this was once a sign of Britain being a civilized country unlike 3rd world places where people **** on the street.

SJ_Skyline 09 March 2011 08:47 AM

Partly the fault of the EU with legislation forcing public bogs to be "accessible". It's far easier and cheaper to close them than to make them "accessible". :(

pslewis 09 March 2011 08:51 AM

I agree with the OP - Public Loos should remain ... as long as we have £300k a year Mickey Mouse Council Chiefs then they should stay!!

At my age you really need to plan your days out with reference to the availability of Toilets.

I say get the local shops to pay for them - as a collective charge it shouldn't be too much - OR charge us 20p for using them.

The UK has got all of its priorities wrong at the moment.

Lee247 09 March 2011 08:52 AM

So, they close public toilets because they can't afford them, yet, they can afford to house scroungers with loads of kids in massively expensive properties :confused:
I give up

Trout 09 March 2011 09:02 AM

So Tony, where are you going to go cottaging now? ;)

tony de wonderful 09 March 2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9924146)

What's cottaging?

The Zohan 09 March 2011 09:12 AM

Scoobynet - NSR?

hutton_d 09 March 2011 09:12 AM

Didn't realise you two were so "close" ..... :thumb:

As for public loos, if they're going to keep them open they could at least keep the damn things clean!

Dave

dpb 09 March 2011 09:13 AM

more supermakets now , wont help Tony mind

Fat Boy 09 March 2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9924157)
What's cottaging?

Here's a clue - George Michael will be equally as upset as you about the news...

Ant 09 March 2011 09:22 AM

Who's actually uses public loo's?

Our local one has uv lighting to stop smack heads.

The Zohan 09 March 2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9924170)

Our local one has uv lighting to stop smack heads.

How does that worK?

Ant 09 March 2011 09:27 AM

"apparently" can't find their veins

The Zohan 09 March 2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9924182)
"apparently" can't find their veins

Cool.

I cannot remember the last time i used a public toilet, usually there is a shop with a loo or a phone box near by

ALi-B 09 March 2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9924170)

People on water tablets. Basically thats anyone over the age of 55 these days :freak3:

And trust me if you know someone who is on them and they need to "go" they have to "go" and finding a bog or one that someone will let you use is a right pain. No other EU country is like this.

With all these massive council cut being made, I suspect the % proportion of its officials are Labour afiliated and are using these cuts to intentionally cause dissention within the electrorate.

It intersting to note that it seems to be the labour councils (or ex labour) that are making the big songs and dances about these cuts and always annoucing cuts in front line services or staff....but as TDW say, if you look at the wages and perks of the top-level staff, why are they not cutting at the top? Be it wages or non-Jobs. Its obvious they protect their own and will shaft anyone working "beneath" them.

Coffin Dodger 09 March 2011 09:44 AM

You can always have a McSh*t with Lies (C) :D

hutton_d 09 March 2011 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9924186)
Cool. I cannot remember the last time i used a public toilet, usually there is a shop with a loo or a phone box near by

Shop loos are just as dirty in the main. But I'd never resort to peeing in a phone box ... http://www.brysoneducation.org/dep/i...hone_box_b.jpg ... that's just weird ... :nono:

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9924201)
... With all these massive council cut being made, I suspect the % proportion of its officials are Labour afiliated are using these cuts to intentionally cause dissention with in the electrorate.

It intersting to note that it seems to be the labour councils (or ex labour) that are making the big songs and dances about these cuts and always annoucing cuts in front line services or staff....but as TDW say, if you look at the wages and perks of the top-level staff, why are they not cutting at the top? Be it wages or non-Jobs. Its obvious they protect their own and will shaft anyone working "beneath" them.

You mean the leftie councils might be trying to make political capital out of the situation rather than have the interests of their electorate at heart? I'm shocked, no, I'm shocked and stunned that you could think such a thing .... :eek:

Dave

pslewis 09 March 2011 01:22 PM

ALi-B has it right regards water tablets for the older person ...... it is a right royal pain in the rearend trying to find a loo which is open.

Most shop loos now have signs saying 'Closed due to vandalism' ....

It's about time we came down hard on anti-social behaviour rather than letting the little scrotes off!! But, I'm afraid the Tories are weak on crime - so there is every chance it will all get worse!

J4CKO 09 March 2011 01:39 PM

Yes, annoys me and I am a bloke and the world is my toilet :D worse for ladies, peopel with kids and those with issues in that department.

I think half the problem is money and councils but the rest is us, the public and what filthy perverted animals we have amongst us, toilets seem tto attract junkies, sexual deviants and people who like writing their name with their own poo, there is no concept of leaving it as you found it, shame for those of us who just use them as intended, i.e. about 99 percent.

cster 09 March 2011 01:51 PM

Can't say I've ever had call to use one.
With the plethora of Starbucks etc, is there any real need?

dpb 09 March 2011 02:10 PM

Thats what you want , cant hide too many cottagers in there

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/31913410.jpg

Leslie 09 March 2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9924109)
Ok more are set to close 'cos councils cannot afford then (but they can afford bosses on £200k and hundreds of non-jobs like bouncy castle officer).

Seems like this was once a sign of Britain being a civilized country unlike 3rd world places where people **** on the street.

I sympathise with your sentiments.

I still have not forgotten standing at a bus stop in Khatmandu when a women lifted her sari, had a dump in the gutter, and carried on waiting for the bus standing by the steaming pile!

Doubt it would reach that extent over here, but there will be a lot of pissing in shop doorways etc.

Les

Hysteria1983 09 March 2011 03:03 PM

It's a pain in the butt for me. Mostly down to having two young children with me on 'days out' finding a public toilet is a nightmare.

I once asked if my daughter could use the staff toilet in boots as there were no public loos anywhere. The assistant said no.

So, I picked up a potty, a pack of maternity pads and some nappy bags,(which I bought) and sat her down right there and let her do a wee. I threw in a pad (which soaked up the wee) and then double bagged it. I had one customer make a complaint about it being 'unsanitary', despite the fact you can drink you ows piss, and the assistant tried to give be a bollocking.
So I explained that it was this, or let her use the toilet, and that the
third option would have resulted in her peeing all over the floor. I simply took the most suitable option.

kingofturds 09 March 2011 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9924186)
Cool.

I cannot remember the last time i used a public toilet, usually there is a shop with a loo or a phone box near by

Yeah right the reason all these toilets are closing is because the council cannot afford to keep repairing the glorholes you drill in every lav you visit.

ALi-B 09 March 2011 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9924706)
Yeah right the reason all these toilets are closing is because the council cannot afford to keep repairing the glorholes you drill in every lav you visit.

Paul in the public loos spotted earlier :lol1::

The Zohan 09 March 2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9924706)

Well if your mum was fitted with a matress and pay-as-you go meter then that would fund the repairs and probably the street-lighting budget outright!;)

Leslie 09 March 2011 04:07 PM

Ooooh I say!

Les ;)

tony de wonderful 09 March 2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9924608)
Yes, annoys me and I am a bloke and the world is my toilet :D worse for ladies, peopel with kids and those with issues in that department.

I think half the problem is money and councils but the rest is us, the public and what filthy perverted animals we have amongst us, toilets seem tto attract junkies, sexual deviants and people who like writing their name with their own poo, there is no concept of leaving it as you found it, shame for those of us who just use them as intended, i.e. about 99 percent.

Gays traditionally used public toilets for sex because there was nowhere else to go in the days before gay bars etc, plus arguably gay men naturally like risky sex with strangers but now I guess they have gone straight with gay marriage etc.:lol1:

madscoob 09 March 2011 10:13 PM

our local council in a effort to save money lock all public crappers at 7pm , good effort but the bellends leave the light on inside :cuckoo::cuckoo:

tony de wonderful 09 March 2011 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by madscoob (Post 9925795)
our local council in a effort to save money lock all public crappers at 7pm , good effort but the bellends leave the light on inside :cuckoo::cuckoo:

What happens if you are suffering a bad bout of 'brown water' at 18:59?