ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New speed camera got me :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878696-new-speed-camera-got-me.html)

Saalro 07 March 2011 09:56 PM

New speed camera got me :(

I Just got caught speeding which is extremely rubbish, the road use to be a 50 and is now a 30. There is a bit of road works going on which is the first time i've heard of this and i was going through doing 50 as i have done for the last 6 years i've been driving that road, and by road works i mean there is a few cones and lights in the road, nothing major, so i'm already concentrating on the changes and about merging lane as one lane has been removed, i see a camera and think what the fudge, so i slow down to 40 because i thought this was a sensible option than to go through at 50, and the flipping camera flashes.

I'm now going to start destroying cameras.

I went back and recorded these clips, within 30 minutes all of these drivers, and this wasn't all of them, were caught, so it can't be entirely me, it must be a lack of warning of change too:

The edit of the clips hasn't come out properly, the second car in the first clip gets flashed also and there is a second flash when the drivers are caught, the video jumps.

With the rest of the footage i have it's apparent that some drivers are clearly doing over 30 but not getting flashed.

Thanks

bugeyejohn 07 March 2011 10:05 PM

You never know your luck there might not be a film in it,ive been zapped 3 times before and never heard anything. :)

Bonehead 07 March 2011 10:05 PM

There was a place near me that went from a 40 to a 30.
They had so many caught speeders the local gov had an amnesty and let off the folks they caught in the first few weeks

what would scooby do 07 March 2011 10:13 PM

I've got that new piece of automotive technology which ensures I never get a speeding fine...

... go on line and search hard enough and you could have the same feature..

Search criteria is "Brake Pedal"

:D:D

Saalro 07 March 2011 10:15 PM

I have K - Sports do these work lol?

Thanks

Rob Day 07 March 2011 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Saalro (Post 9922010)
I Just got caught speeding which is extremely rubbish, the road use to be a 50 and is now a 30. There is a bit of road works going on which is the first time i've heard of this and i was going through doing 50 as i have done for the last 6 years i've been driving that road, and by road works i mean there is a few cones and lights in the road, nothing major, so i'm already concentrating on the changes and about merging lane as one lane has been removed, i see a camera and think what the fudge, so i slow down to 40 because i thought this was a sensible option than to go through at 50, and the flipping camera flashes.

I'm now going to start destroying cameras.

I went back and recorded these clips, within 30 minutes all of these drivers, and this wasn't all of them, were caught, so it can't be entirely me, it must be a lack of warning of change too:

YouTube - Movie 0001

The edit of the clips hasn't come out properly, the second car in the first clip gets flashed also and there is a second flash when the drivers are caught, the video jumps.

With the rest of the footage i have it's apparent that some drivers are clearly doing over 30 but not getting flashed.

Thanks
Sam

I so this and thought of you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprAsCibZtM

Rob

what would scooby do 07 March 2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Saalro (Post 9922069)
I have K - Sports do these work lol?

Thanks
Sam

Yes if you have decent pads - carbotech etc :thumb:

Saalro 07 March 2011 10:26 PM

Haha i like how the bikers just sit and watch.

DS2500, need to be hot first though lol.

Thanks

DYK 07 March 2011 10:34 PM

you are ok if it only flashes once...

Terminator X 07 March 2011 10:43 PM

^^ Clearly flashes twice fella ...

TX.

austinwrx 08 March 2011 12:11 PM

well in the city area (ish) and within about the 1 mile radius of Bradford city centre in west yorkshire, I would say at least 14 new speed cameras have gone up in the last month.

needless to say other inner city areas are already littered with them.

never seen anything like it anywhere else in the country.

Mind you we have more uninsured drivers here and any trip anywhere might as well be an episode of grand theft auto with all the "gantstas" in their cars- being well hard innit bro.

most of the traffic lights already have cameras on them to detect red light jumpers.

banny sti 08 March 2011 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by austinwrx (Post 9922604)
well in the city area (ish) and within about the 1 mile radius of Bradford city centre in west yorkshire, I would say at least 14 new speed cameras have gone up in the last month.

Mind you we have more uninsured drivers here and any trip anywhere might as well be an episode of grand theft auto with all the "gantstas" in their cars- being well hard innit bro.

most of the traffic lights already have cameras on them to detect red light jumpers.

Do you ever post with out having a dig at bradford :lol1:

Clarebabes 08 March 2011 12:45 PM

I studied there and he's got a point, it's a horrible place!

fivetide 08 March 2011 12:46 PM

If they've dropped it for the road works make sure they got the right permissions etc because I know a few people have got off with that loophole!

5t.

banny sti 08 March 2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9922651)

So did I but constantly going on about it, is not really going to change the place is it?

Leslie 08 March 2011 02:29 PM

I can understand how you feel about that, with the speed limit change as well.

I think if they do reduce a speed limit they should have to put up a sign to tell everyone about it. Trouble is they like all the cash coming in and they certainly were on a good little earner that night.

Les

paulr 08 March 2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by austinwrx (Post 9922604)

Yorkshire is terrible. I bought my old car from BMW in Wakefield, more speed camera's than street lights.....................

Saalro 08 March 2011 06:57 PM

Pretty much if i get done for this then there is going to be serious damage to cameras all over the UK lol.

Thanks

tony de wonderful 08 March 2011 07:10 PM

Well it's said half the cars in Bradford are illegal anyway so one wonders what is the point? Just to collect stats? The police don't have the manpower to chase the cars up.

Jamie 08 March 2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Saalro (Post 9922094)
Haha i like how the bikers just sit and watch.

DS2500, need to be hot first though lol.

Thanks
Sam

Explain this one then ?

dpb 08 March 2011 07:56 PM

Sorry youd have to be nuts to think you can go through any road works outside of a motorway at 50mph

tony de wonderful 08 March 2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Saalro (Post 9922010)
the road use to be a 50 and is now a 30.

There are probably hundreds of people working in local government who draw a decent salary - which we pay for - and justify it by dreaming up these sort of decisions.

They need to 'do things' otherwise there would be no reason to employ them.

So the consequence is every week they put another speed camera here, reduce the speed limit there.

It's all thanks to Labour and the 'non-job' phenomenon!:thumb:

RA Dunk 08 March 2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9923405)
There are probably hundreds of people working in local government who draw a decent salary - which we pay for - and justify it by dreaming up these sort of decisions.

So the consequence is every week they put another speed camera here, reduce the speed limit there.

This sums it up pretty well IMO, just people out trying to justify their existance/jobs.

chocolate_o_brian 08 March 2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9922651)

It is a complete sh1t hole Clare. I have had the misfortune of driving through the center of Bradford only once and that was enough. :eek:

I thought Scunthorpe has rough areas but that place is summink else :lol1:

visorgirl 08 March 2011 10:54 PM

You can buy some kind of pack/kit that guides you in how to appeal against a speeding ticket (they're about £10 and available on e-bay). No idea how good they are, though! Good luck.

pacenote 09 March 2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by visorgirl (Post 9923948)
You can buy some kind of pack/kit that guides you in how to appeal against a speeding ticket (they're about £10 and available on e-bay). No idea how good they are, though! Good luck.

just go here www.pepipoo.com

Leslie 09 March 2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9923405)

Right on the nose I'd say.

Les

austinwrx 09 March 2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by banny sti (Post 9922617)
Do you ever post with out having a dig at bradford :lol1:

rarely !! I resent how the city is spiralling downhill and the lack of pride the inhabitents have of their city.

fortunately I live out of the city in a little village, but most days have to come into the city centre.

I truely resent the appalling standard of driving and flouting of rules by the "yoof's"

every single piece in the local paper is either:

person killed writing their car off
yoof kills person running them over
£ x million in heroin found in person's boot.
gang locked up for x yrs for dealing drugs.

I mean honestly- 14 chuffing speed cameras up in the space of a month.

and yes- the highest place in the UK of uninsured drivers. 27,000 on the roads here at the last count.

even my insurance has gone up and I've at least 23 yrs of NCB behind me.

have a read of the "bradford telegraph and argus " Jeez.

having said that, get out of the 2 or 3 mile inner city area and the place is lovely.

Saalro 10 March 2011 07:30 PM

Bit of uproar about the new camera in the paper apparently.

Thanks