ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Worst heartburn I've EVER had....... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878642-worst-heartburn-ive-ever-had.html)

alcazar 07 March 2011 06:29 PM

Worst heartburn I've EVER had.......

.............is right now, after eating a Sainsbury's Cornish Pasty:(

I'm now on my THIRD Gaviscon tablet in half an hour........white poo tomorrow, anyone?:D

dpb 07 March 2011 06:31 PM

Was it a 'basics' one , if so its jus you

alcazar 07 March 2011 06:34 PM

It came out of the deli chiller, yesterday.

I bought two, but the birds will be getting the second one tomorrow:(

dpb 07 March 2011 06:37 PM

Had 2 of their 'basics' chicken and veg pies at lunch time , only 4 days over the eat by date 55p for 3

, im allright so far :thumb:

hutton_d 07 March 2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9921367)

I'm now on my THIRD Gaviscon tablet in half an hour........white poo tomorrow, anyone?:D

That's your problem, an oxymoron ..... :thumb:

Dave

Lee247 07 March 2011 06:58 PM

Was it flaky pastry :Suspiciou
I can only eat home made flaky pastry, anything shop bought gives me chronic heartburn. You have my sympathies

J4CKO 07 March 2011 06:59 PM

Its the grease in the pastry I reckon, sometimes gets me like that, probably worth getting some Omeprazole from the doctors which is ten times better for heartburn than eating chalk as it doesn't neutralise the acid it slows the production of acid, best to get checked out, I had it really bad and was treated for Helicobacter Pylori which is a stomach bug that causes excess acid production, I mean really bad, having to sit down ad triggered by anything, horrible, had to put up with a smart arse old bag of a doctor telling to sleep sat up, not drink, not eat spicy food, loose weight, exercise when in reality I was putting weight on because I was filling myself up as it offered some relief, different doctor got me tested, came back positive and then had a course of some different (Horse Style dosage) antibiotics and it was night and day different and now if I get it it is my own fault for eating crap or drinking beer.

Don't just put up with it, get it sorted, or stop eating sh1t !

SpecDscooby 07 March 2011 07:01 PM

They are quite onion heavy.....onion is notorious for triggering heart burn, its acidic and hard to digest..........Buyer beware:)

dunx 07 March 2011 07:18 PM

Mmmm, Pasties...

Drool !

dunx

Chip 07 March 2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9921376)
It came out of the deli chiller, yesterday.

I bought two, but the birds will be getting the second one tomorrow:(

Noooo, just eat the stuff inside and chuck the pastry away.

Chip

speye91 07 March 2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9921450)
Its the grease in the pastry I reckon, sometimes gets me like that, probably worth getting some Omeprazole from the doctors which is ten times better for heartburn than eating chalk as it doesn't neutralise the acid it slows the production of acid, best to get checked out, I had it really bad and was treated for Helicobacter Pylori which is a stomach bug that causes excess acid production, I mean really bad, having to sit down ad triggered by anything, horrible, had to put up with a smart arse old bag of a doctor telling to sleep sat up, not drink, not eat spicy food, loose weight, exercise when in reality I was putting weight on because I was filling myself up as it offered some relief, different doctor got me tested, came back positive and then had a course of some different (Horse Style dosage) antibiotics and it was night and day different and now if I get it it is my own fault for eating crap or drinking beer.

Very good advice. I'm a fellow sufferer,so i know what J4CKO means.

Clarebabes 07 March 2011 07:53 PM

Before I read this, I thought, "ooh, how lucky Ive been, I've not had heartburn for ages." Then I've bloody got it now :mad:

I had a really healthy stir fry with noodles, never had that before with that meal. Annoying!

Ellie* 07 March 2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9921450)

I had this too.
I used to have to sleep sitting up and id be dribbling because it was to painful to swallow saliva!!

Gaviscon and Zantac never work for me. I get omeprazole on prescription now as i dont look after my stomach!! Or you can buy Pantoloc(pantoprazole).

oldsplice 07 March 2011 08:04 PM

Get yourself some of these from the chemist. Don't take at the same time as Gaviscon or anything of that ilk. Don't use long-term. :thumb:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/pics...ntrol-tabs.jpg

ALi-B 07 March 2011 08:06 PM

Suck the tablet, don't chew. OK it takes longer to work, but you will find it works better.

I stopped having heartburn when I stopped having milk in my tea...go figure! :wonder:

zip106 07 March 2011 08:24 PM

I'm waiting to have an endoscopy because of heartburn/lump feeling in my chest and throat and pain between my shoulders.
Had double doses of lansoprazole for 3 weeks and just made me feel worse.

It seems that rice, chips and bread always brought it on.

prodriverules 07 March 2011 08:34 PM

I get exactly the same thing alcazar when i eat ginsters pasty's,not good at all but i find drinking a pint of milk helps cool the burn:thumb:

alcazar 07 March 2011 09:04 PM

Had some milk and now feel better, but I'm starving, having only eaten that snack.

I daren't have owt else though...........

Coffin Dodger 08 March 2011 09:40 AM

There are certain things that trigger it for me pretty much every time - anything involving melted cheese i.e. pizza, cheese on toast, also garlic bread, sometimes takeaway curries, and pastry type products though shortcrust is normally okay (less fat).

Don't get it anywhere near as much when I'm nearer to my ideal weight but at the moment in fat mode I've had it quite a few times....

Usually take supermarket own brand Gaviscon style liquid to calm it down but if it won't go away then take the tablets that slow down the acid production.

Note that a heat attack can feel like bad indigestion so if in doubt get yourselves down the quacks.

GlesgaKiss 08 March 2011 10:23 AM

Don't think I've ever had heartburn! Seem to remember a thread you started a while ago about this, Alcazar... Maybe get to the docs if it's getting much worse?

bugeyejohn 08 March 2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ellie* (Post 9921656)
I had this too.
I used to have to sleep sitting up and id be dribbling because it was to painful to swallow saliva!!

Gaviscon and Zantac never work for me. I get omeprazole on prescription now as i dont look after my stomach!! Or you can buy Pantoloc(pantoprazole).

I get a prescription for omeprazole as well,they work pretty good,the doc reckons ive got a hiatus hernia and theres not much they can do,just watch what you eat :cry:

Leslie 08 March 2011 02:33 PM

Was it a real Cornish pasty though?

Omeprazole is really very good for acid indigestion. I have a prescription for it for my acid reflux. Gives virtually instant relief.

Les

Jamie 08 March 2011 03:10 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e-monkees2.jpg

You have turned to the other side

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ndigestion.gif

ALi-B 08 March 2011 03:14 PM

Coleslaw gives me chronic heartburn. :wonder:

It has to be an allergy as sometimes eggs and certain foreign (mainly spanish) cheeses causes the valve thingy in the stomach/esophagus to spasm...minor cases it feels like a bit of bread lodged in my throat. Worst case I've been doubled up on the floor in agony...can't even swallow or drink water.

Strangely after avoiding eggs for several years, I've had some eggs every now an again and have been fine. Maybe I overdosed on eggs LOL :wonder:

DYK 08 March 2011 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9921659)
Get yourself some of these from the chemist. Don't take at the same time as Gaviscon or anything of that ilk. Don't use long-term. :thumb:

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/pics...ntrol-tabs.jpg

This would be a good name for tablets if you had the Sh1ts :D

oldsplice 08 March 2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 9923487)
This would be a good name for tablets if you had the Sh1ts :D

I've got a lock on my pants! :smug: :lol1:

joz8968 08 March 2011 08:31 PM

Love CPs... But when you heat them in a microwave, they can smell like chronic BO! :(

tony de wonderful 08 March 2011 08:39 PM

I was taking a lot of Ibuprofen for a while and got the worst acid reflux. It actually caused a constant hot pain in my by esophagus/neck and I got really worried I had done some damage. Would hurt to swallow.

tony de wonderful 08 March 2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9923501)
I've got a lock on my pants! :smug: :lol1:

Is this one of these chastity device kink things?:lol1:

zip106 08 March 2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9923556)
I was taking a lot of Ibuprofen for a while and got the worst acid reflux. It actually caused a constant hot pain in my by esophagus/neck and I got really worried I had done some damage. Would hurt to swallow.

How did you manage to get rid of it?
Did you ever have the feeling of a lump in the throat or chest?