ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Where to get a reconditioned caliper? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/878613-where-to-get-a-reconditioned-caliper.html)

Davey L 07 March 2011 04:18 PM

Where to get a reconditioned caliper?

When my car was serviced last month i was told it had a sticking piston on the near side caliper. The cars an 04 WRX with the 4 pot calipers made by Sumitomo i do believe.

I've tried a company i found on E-bay that re conditions them. 100 in stock for £59 a hit. But they don't answer their phones, the 'Credit Card Hot Line' puts you through to a fax machine and even emails are left unanswered. I could order one off e-bay but if they aren't answering any phones i have no idea when i'll receive one.

I call Ian Godney at GodSpeed and he only supplies them in pairs.... Good price for them as he fits the stainless pistons but i only need 1..

So the question is does anyone out there know where i can get a re-conditioned caliper from?

Cheers all.

joey_turbo 07 March 2011 04:25 PM

It would make sense to have them both done anyway, as you don't know how long the other has got before it goes too.
Always a good idea to change brake componements in pairs, as I'm sure Ian mentioned.
But if you have your reasons, JAuto's on here seems to be doing a recon service also.

Godspeed Brakes 07 March 2011 04:28 PM

Thats why we only sell them in pairs , if one goes the other isn't far behind
Cheers Ian

MaDaSS 07 March 2011 04:46 PM

Ian, how much is it refurbish the 4 pots for my 03 WRX?
They are currently on the car, are working fine, but look like sh1t due to them having the living daylights jetwashed out of them by the local car "wash" every time I use them! LOL

The Zohan 07 March 2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 9921059)
It would make sense to have them both done anyway, as you don't know how long the other has got before it goes too.
Always a good idea to change brake componements in pairs, as I'm sure Ian mentioned.
But if you have your reasons, JAuto's on here seems to be doing a recon service also.

+1, brakes, tyres and suspension - always in pairs!

Godspeed Brakes 07 March 2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by MaDaSS (Post 9921102)
Ian, how much is it refurbish the 4 pots for my 03 WRX?
They are currently on the car, are working fine, but look like sh1t due to them having the living daylights jetwashed out of them by the local car "wash" every time I use them! LOL

If you wanted them completely stripped down , bead blasted , primed and sprayed , chemically clean the seals and polish the pistons and rebuilt you would be looking at £130 a pair.

For a full rebuild with new stainless pistons and new seals its £196 a pair plus Vat , so £235 in total

Cheers Ian