ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What's all this census pap? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878602-whats-all-this-census-pap.html)

chocolate_o_brian 07 March 2011 02:49 PM

What's all this census pap?

I'm sat here enjoying a week off work with the sun pouring in through the front living room window and Nats asking me all these mundance car insurance type questions :lol1:

Appears a census form has come through and she's filling it in.

Talk about intrusive? Are you obliged to answer everything, even what you were doing last week or are doing on March 27th :freak3:

Clarebabes 07 March 2011 03:08 PM

I can remember the last one because it was the first time I had to complete it, but I don't remember it being too intrusive.

As I am not at home, give me a couple of the more comedy questions as an example..... :)

kingofturds 07 March 2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9920938)
I can remember the last one because it was the first time I had to complete it, but I don't remember it being too intrusive.

As I am not at home, give me a couple of the more comedy questions as an example..... :)

Do you wear silk panties?
Can you send them to me?

chocolate_o_brian 07 March 2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9920938)

The two stoopid ones were...

• What were you doing last week
  • How many people including children and babies will be staying in your property overnight on March 27th
:lol1:

Coffin Dodger 07 March 2011 03:12 PM

Are they every 10 years? I do remember filling one in but it was ages ago. Don't remember anything that I was particularly concerned about filling in, it's not like the government don't already have most of the information to hand anyway. Tax returns are worse :D

Didn't Jedi become a mainstream religion as a result of the last one :lol1:

dpb 07 March 2011 03:13 PM

its to discover how black you are :rolleyes:

Simes777 07 March 2011 03:14 PM

As you suggest, it's mostly pap.

I'm not quite sure I wish to answer a question about my marital status, especially as the first choice is "Never married and never registered a same-sex civil partnership" - surely these are 2 different answers??

However I might claim to have a degree as I can't see how this helps plan for services in the future.

I also don't see why I should say who I work for or how many cars I drive.

Maybe I'm just getting grouchy in my old age....

Chip 07 March 2011 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9920947)
its to discover how black you are :rolleyes:

And whether or not your a poof.

Chip

kingofturds 07 March 2011 03:20 PM

What happens if you are one of the home grown thickos who cannot read, or the jolly foreigner who cannot read or speak English? You are hardly going to get an accurate census if they just fill in the form at random.

Glowplug 07 March 2011 03:24 PM

Get the fekker filled in and returned!

My job for the next 60 days is to go around my local area and knock on doors to collect the un-returned census forms. You can do it online too.;)

alcazar 07 March 2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9920944)

• How many people including children and babies will be staying in your property overnight on March 27th

Point being, you are supposed to fill it in ON the 27th, or soon thereafter;)

yellowvanman 07 March 2011 03:26 PM

http://help.census.gov.uk/england/he...ponsibilities/

£1000 fine for not completing!!!!!

alcazar 07 March 2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9920960)
What happens if you are one of the home grown thickos who cannot read, or the jolly foreigner who cannot read or speak English? You are hardly going to get an accurate census if they just fill in the form at random.

There will be folk available to go to your house and help, the form is available in LOADS of different languages, and help is available online.

urban 07 March 2011 03:27 PM

What were you doing last week
Having sex mostly

How many people including children and babies will be staying in your property overnight on March 27th
Mind your own fcuking business.

chocolate_o_brian 07 March 2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by b13bat (Post 9920968)
Get the fekker filled in and returned!

My job for the next 60 days is to go around my local area and knock on doors to collect the un-returned census forms. You can do it online too.;)

Nat filled it in then relaised it's not to be filled in until March 27th :lol1:

chocolate_o_brian 07 March 2011 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9920973)
There will be folk available to go to your house and help, the form is available in LOADS of different languages, and help is available online.

57 langages, some of which only 5,000 speak in the entire UK :Whatever_

Clarebabes 07 March 2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9920944)

Bit vague - what were you doing last week! I mean, I was doing lots of things last week. Is it multiple guess?

Clarebabes 07 March 2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9920975)

Nat filled it in then relaised it's not to be filled in until March 27th :lol1:

You can do it now and send it back anyway. Heard that on the news.

dazh66 07 March 2011 03:37 PM

I believe it's so the goverment can get a better insight on how to f*ck us over:Whatever_

chocolate_o_brian 07 March 2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9920985)
Bit vague - what were you doing last week! I mean, I was doing lots of things last week. Is it multiple guess?

Dunno I didn't fill it in, let her do it :)

alcazar 07 March 2011 03:40 PM

You should leave yours Andy, then you can include baby Gilbert............

chocolate_o_brian 07 March 2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9920997)
You should leave yours Andy, then you can include baby Gilbert............

Ah well. That's the least of my problems. :D

brownstain85 07 March 2011 03:47 PM

Just put stupid answers, last week I went to the petrol station 6 times as petrol is very expensive and I need to fill up more because I drive the long way to work as there's less pot holes to **** up my suspension, on the 27th of march 16 people stayed in my house as we had our monthly wife swapping party, silly questions= silly answers! (await to be flamed by do gooders with no sense of humour)

Lee247 07 March 2011 04:22 PM

It's downright nosey. I don't care who is visiting my house on the 27th, I sure as hell am not going to tell them on any census form. :thumb:

Kieran_Burns 07 March 2011 04:31 PM

Time to be a Jedi again.

"these are not the census forms you are after"

alcazar 07 March 2011 04:35 PM

It's just a snapshot of the population, what it's doing, and where it is, on that particular date.

As far as guests are concerned, you only enter them if they are stopping with you.

Kieran_Burns 07 March 2011 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9921081)
It's just a snapshot of the population, what it's doing, and where it is, on that particular date.

As far as guests are concerned, you only enter them if they are stopping with you.

So it IS a swingers party then?

The Zohan 07 March 2011 04:40 PM

So do p1keys have to fill them in too????

alcazar 07 March 2011 04:47 PM

Supposedly EVERYONE will get one, and MUST fill it in and return it.

There is a £1000 fine for not doing both and also for submitting false information!

TBH, it's something we OUGHT to take seriously, stops the government from understating how many immigrants are here, or how many people are unemployed, makes them give poorer areas more money, makes the dividing up of council tax more fair.........

Coffin Dodger 07 March 2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9921094)
So do p1keys have to fill them in too????

Caravan's don't have addresses ;)

(This is how they avoid everything else - tax etc.)