ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fuel duty dropped by 5ppl for remote areas (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878102-fuel-duty-dropped-by-5ppl-for-remote-areas.html)

Snazy 04 March 2011 01:11 PM

Fuel duty dropped by 5ppl for remote areas

God damn coalition, taxing people like this, raising the cost of living, making people suffer like this.

Vote Labour, vote Labour!

Oh hold on...... :cuckoo:

Tidgy 04 March 2011 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9915501)
God damn coalition, taxing people like this, raising the cost of living, making people suffer like this.

Vote Labour, vote Labour!

Oh hold on...... :cuckoo:

wheres that come from dude?

Coffin Dodger 04 March 2011 01:20 PM

Link? Nothing on BBC yet?

Where do we need to drive to for a cheap fill up :D

Wurzel 04 March 2011 01:27 PM

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...ib_Dem_Meeting

Ok if you are a sweaty I spose.

FlightMan 04 March 2011 01:32 PM

What do they class as remote? Outer Hebrides? Highlands? :rolleyes:

If so, great news for the 14 people that live there. Oh and little in the way of reduced revenue for her majesty's exchequer as well. It's a win-win.

Apart for the million of us who dont live rural, can't use the Underground as it DOESNT EXIST OUTSIDE OF LONDON YOU FECKING MORONS, and where the public transport is totally, absolutely, crap.

Quote:
The new coalition Government has promised to end the “war on motorists”, as the new Transport Secretary seemed to make good on the promise made to Auto Express columnist Mike Rutherford that Prime Minister David Cameron will be a “friend of the motorist” and introduce a fuel price stabiliser"

I think events in these last few days have shown us that our PM will open his mouth and promise many, many things. However if they're not cuts he U-turns faster than Russ Swift. :hjtwofing

hutton_d 04 March 2011 02:33 PM

I'm not too far from the Scilly Isles. Think I'll drive over to fill up. Oh, wait, umm ..... :Suspiciou

As for Call Me Dave u-turning, anyone who compares himself to Billy Liar should be trusted as far as you can throw him ..... And apparently the latest nick-name is iDave ..... as in "I think the UK is better off in the EU", " I think .....", etc etc.

Dave

Leslie 04 March 2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9915533)
What do they class as remote? Outer Hebrides? Highlands? :rolleyes:

If so, great news for the 14 people that live there. Oh and little in the way of reduced revenue for her majesty's exchequer as well. It's a win-win.

Apart for the million of us who dont live rural, can't use the Underground as it DOESNT EXIST OUTSIDE OF LONDON YOU FECKING MORONS, and where the public transport is totally, absolutely, crap.

Quote:
The new coalition Government has promised to end the “war on motorists”, as the new Transport Secretary seemed to make good on the promise made to Auto Express columnist Mike Rutherford that Prime Minister David Cameron will be a “friend of the motorist” and introduce a fuel price stabiliser"

I think events in these last few days have shown us that our PM will open his mouth and promise many, many things. However if they're not cuts he U-turns faster than Russ Swift. :hjtwofing

Can't disagree with that!

Les

LEO-RS 04 March 2011 03:58 PM

They are around 10ppl higher than forecourts found in cities/towns though so will still be 5ppl more expensive than what all us lot are paying.

£1.50ppl before the end of the year I think

SRSport 04 March 2011 04:06 PM

If thats all I think we can all count ourselves fortunate.

f1_fan 04 March 2011 05:06 PM

And they have already increased duty and VAT so it isn't actually a saving at all, just less of an increase ... for the 14 people in the remote areas!!!!

hutton_d 04 March 2011 08:11 PM

But have you noticed that we are no longer governed by those we elect any more? The worst part of all of this sorry sage is here ... http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...ib_Dem_Meeting ... "... Mr Alexander said: "We will be submitting a formal application to the European Commission to deliver a 5p discount on fuel duty for Highland communities, the Northern Isles, the Inner and Outer Hebrides, the Islands of the Clyde and the Isles of Scilly too. ..."

FFS! Get the feck out of the EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Dave

Adrian F 05 March 2011 11:15 PM

how do we have to ask the EU for permission on adjust our own internal fuel duty?

If the government is that powerless then make them all redundant and sell of the houses of Parliament for redevelopment as they are pointless

DYK 06 March 2011 06:19 AM

Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander said the discount was to help those who pay higher petrol costs due to their location.

That's All of the UK then..

5 Pence wow,well done really :rolleyes:
Now run along to get the go ahead from those nice people in Europe :o
Fecking morons :hjtwofing :D

Leslie 06 March 2011 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9915843)
And they have already increased duty and VAT so it isn't actually a saving at all, just less of an increase ... for the 14 people in the remote areas!!!!

Their behaviour seems to fit in nicely with the broken promises after the election!

Les

Adrian F 06 March 2011 05:33 PM

The Government are just taking the P*ss out of us all again, Robbing us blind with Tax on Fuel

Devildog 08 March 2011 11:43 PM

I'm sceptical. Danny Alexanders constituency is in the Highlands.

It was part of his election campaign last time around, and he's royally ****ed if he doesn't deliver.

And as has been said above, we in the highlands and islands pay more for fuel than much of the rest of the uk. More often than not communities are more detached and reliance on personal vehicular transport is higher simply because bus/train infrastructure often doesn't exist.

I appreciate that the same applies to parts of England and Wales but the fact remains that more of Scotland is impacted by higher fuel prices and no viable transport alternative.

Good news if it is implemented. If not, Danny Alexander is political history.

tony de wonderful 09 March 2011 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian F (Post 9919218)
The Government are just taking the P*ss out of us all again, Robbing us blind with Tax on Fuel

But it's to stop climate change!:freak3:

Lee247 09 March 2011 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian F (Post 9918210)
how do we have to ask the EU for permission on adjust our own internal fuel duty?

If the government is that powerless then make them all redundant and sell of the houses of Parliament for redevelopment as they are pointless

:thumb:

Puzzles the life out of me.