ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The cost of prescriptions in England rise!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/878096-the-cost-of-prescriptions-in-england-rise.html)

pslewis 04 March 2011 12:49 PM

The cost of prescriptions in England rise!!!

While the Scots, North Irish and Welsh get FREE presciptions!!!! :mad:

Come on Tories and LibDems - STOP Taxing ill health!!! Make them FREE in England too!!

Tidgy 04 March 2011 12:52 PM

dont forget benfit claimers get them free anyway.

were def starting to get to the stage where your better off being on the doel than having a job.

LUCKO 04 March 2011 12:52 PM

mine are fee, and no i dont claim benefits :D

what would scooby do 04 March 2011 12:54 PM

If presciptions were free maybe Pete could get something to stop him foaming at the mouth :D

pslewis 04 March 2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9915467)
If presciptions were free maybe Pete could get something to stop him foaming at the mouth :D

That's good :lol1:

Well, it would have been - had you spelt prescRiptions correctly ;)

Kieran_Burns 04 March 2011 12:58 PM

Pete - I respectfully (and seriously) suggest you spend some time here:

http://www.thecep.org.uk/

When you've exploded several times at the inequality in the Union come back and post.

Coffin Dodger 04 March 2011 01:00 PM

Thought OAPs got them free anyway?

Not really got a problem with paying a bit for health care if it helps sort the NHS and get the country out of the mess we're in (brought about by a Labour government). Think those better off should do their bit where they can :)

pslewis 04 March 2011 01:02 PM

Interesting site and I shall have a look.

Are you encouraging me to get even HOTTER under the collar, then return and post??

pslewis 04 March 2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 9915483)
Thought OAPs got them free anyway?

Not really got a problem with paying a bit for health care if it helps sort the NHS and get the country out of the mess we're in (brought about by a Labour government). Think those better off should do their bit where they can :)

I agree - and if we have to pay - then ...

Why should Cameron pay the SAME for his prescription, when he has £15Million in the Bank, as a Teaching Assistant on £8,000 a year!?

what would scooby do 04 March 2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9915469)
That's good :lol1:

Well, it would have been - had you spelt prescRiptions correctly ;)

Pete, I copied and pasted that word from your original post :lol1:

boxst 04 March 2011 01:07 PM

Remember this is only for occasional sickness. If you require multiple presciptions you can pay a flat fee per month, quarter or year depending on how sick / many prescriptions you need.

Tidgy 04 March 2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 9915495)

lmao, just give him a few mins to get his foot out his mouth and you'll prob get a come back from him,,,,

Coffin Dodger 04 March 2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9915458)

Come on Tories and LibDems - STOP Taxing ill health!!! Make them FREE in England too!!

Quoted :D

What's with all the !!! too? One would do :lol1:

dpb 04 March 2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 9915499)
lmao, just give him a few mins to get his foot out his mouth and you'll prob get a come back from him,,,,

:lol: :lol:

The size of chip on this ones shoulder is quite extraordinary , perhaps he should take things into perspective look round the world and consider how well off he really is

:freak3:

Chip 04 March 2011 01:34 PM

Pop yours in the post to me Pete and I'll collect for you FREE OF CHARGE. :)

Chip

Funkii Munkii 04 March 2011 02:02 PM

If you are more than one prescription and are prepared to pay a year in advance you can get them for £104 on one of the schemes, seen it advertised in Boots.

Imagine someone of Pete's medical needs on 4 or more different medications and he could be saving over £240 a year, that should cover the colostemy bags.

BTW, riding Matron is not prescribed you'll have to pay for that as normal....

alcazar 04 March 2011 02:05 PM

And I don't suppose Lying Labour EVER put them up? OR brought in the act that made it possible for the Scots, Irish and Welsh to get theirs cheaper? Hmmmmm?

EddScott 04 March 2011 02:48 PM

HA HA

My father in law complained to me once about prescriptions in england and how "we" didn't have to pay in Wales.

Cheeky fecker really as he is on the career sick and doesn't pay for prescription anway.

Haven't had a thank you either for the free house and free money mind you paid by my taxes.

Leslie 04 March 2011 03:17 PM

Who was it who instituted the present setup where the Scots and Welsh can do this and we in England can't? Why is it that an English MP can vote on English affairs but not on Scottish ones but a Scottish MP is not restricted in the way he can vote with regard to English affairs? Is that fair Pete? Another unanswerable one for you I imagine!

It was your heroes who started it all Pete!

Les

SJ_Skyline 04 March 2011 03:45 PM

You really are full of sh1t today Pete :lol1::thumb:

Ant 04 March 2011 04:04 PM

Typical pete , goes missing when somebody makes him look a fool :lol1:

f1_fan 04 March 2011 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9915766)
Typical pete , goes missing when somebody makes him look a fool :lol1:

Whereas you stick around :D :D :D

Ant 04 March 2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 9915849)
Whereas you stick around :D :D :D

:hjtwofing

:D

bish667 04 March 2011 06:08 PM

When did the Scottish start getting free prescriptions?
I've always got them free for medical reasons but I always thought people in Scotland had to pay for them normally :wonder:

pslewis 04 March 2011 06:27 PM

Oooooooooooooooooops!!

That'll teach you for cut'n'pasting my 'normally' superb text then! :lol1:

tony de wonderful 04 March 2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9915696)
Who was it who instituted the present setup where the Scots and Welsh can do this and we in England can't? Why is it that an English MP can vote on English affairs but not on Scottish ones but a Scottish MP is not restricted in the way he can vote with regard to English affairs? Is that fair Pete? Another unanswerable one for you I imagine!

Les

Devolution was one of Labours biggest mistakes.

It just adds another costly and pointless layer of government in the lives of half of the UK, and threatens the break-up of this country.

The only gainers are the Politicians.

pslewis 04 March 2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9915696)

Les

Les

You KNOW who started it all Les ... and it was YOUR heroes - not mine!!! You were around at the time, but a little history for you:-

1. In October 1952, the Conservative government introduced the charge and set the charge at 1 shilling per prescription form.

2. In 1965, under Harold Wilson, Labour abolished prescription charges.

3. Labour were forced to re-introduce the charge in 1968 due to a massive drugs bill.

4. In 1971, charges stood at 20p per item, where they remained until July 1979.

5. In 1979 the new Thatcher government increased them to 45p.

6. Charges were increased twice in 1980, to 70p and then to £1 in December under the Tories.

7. Further, under the Tories, during the mid-1980s, charges rose at around 20p per year (with the new prices coming into force on April 1).

8. The Tories, in the early 1990s, accelerated the rise to 25p per year.

9. When Labour came to power in 1997, the annual rate of increase was reduced to 10p - where it remained until today.

So, Les, I would say that your heroes - the Tories - are the ones who stitch us up on the Prescription charge .... at every chance they can!!

Whereas Labour have abolished or reduced them!!

Tories tax sickness .....

Kieran_Burns 04 March 2011 09:46 PM

Pete. Your original complaint was the fact that the English pay and no one else in the Union does.

How would you answer that? (now you've browsed the CEP web-site)

dpb 04 March 2011 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 9915979)
Oooooooooooooooooops!!

That'll teach you for cut'n'pasting my 'normally' superb text then! :lol1:

Youd have failed your 'A' levels with your sort of percentages :)

luckily you dont need em for shackling shopping trolleys together

Ellie* 04 March 2011 11:41 PM

We were talking bout this in work today (i work in a pharmacy).

My opinion is that instead of funding wales and scotland for free scripts, we all should just pay a smaller amount. Why would that not be fair.
We had a lot of people paying for scripts yesterday, 46 items against the 219 exempt. The actual percentage is less than 10% of people pay.
I dont really feel justified in complaining about paying £14.40 a month when i know my medication costs around £125.

Why should dole people and WORKING tax credit people get free scripts? Bet most get more each week than someone in a full time job.

Also, the price of the drugs should be on the box, because **** me the wastage from people ordering repeat scripts for the sake of it then returning them unused, when they cannot be reused once left the premises, is sickening.